Forums » Fallout

The Making of Fallout 4 NoClip Documentary

• 773 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:40 AM EDT

Here it is, just under 40 minutes of Fallout 4 goodness...

Lots of info to garner from this one, some of which I'll post below for those of you too lazy to watch it ;) 

• 773 posts
    June 13, 2018 11:14 AM EDT

1. The game has been in development since before Fallout 4 came out

2. There were thoughts of making Fallout 4 multiplayer, but those were shelved - and those ideas morphed into Fallout 76

3. The map will be four times the size of Fallout 4 and will cover pretty much the whole of West Virginia (albeit 'shrunk down')

4. The monsters will play into the lore of West Virginia - Grafton Monster, Mothman etc

5. All of the regular monsters are back, along with many new ones - a total of 63

6. There will be a faction of ghouls called 'The Scorched' - partly irriadiated ghouls who can still use guns and are 'not so far gone' as we are used to

7. 'The Scorched' are 'essentially our Raiders in Fallout 76'

8. There are 6 distinct regions including a hollowed out mountain, swampy woods, festering toxic wastelands and the map is divided into two by a mountain range

9. A dynamic weather system will play a part in how you can adventure, with 'rad storms' making parts of the map inaccessible at times

10. It is the location of the Presidential Nuclear Bunker - under the Green Briar Hotel. 

11. There will be 'public workshops' to claim by killing resident monsters, gaining access to special resources for crafting

11. 'Camps' are mini-workshops which you can place anywhere (almost), pack them up and move them around (even across servers)

12. You will need to eat and drink to survive, and there will be negative effects if you don't.

13. Items degrade and have to repaired

14. There will be diseases and mutations - the more rads you have the more chance you have to be mutated

15. Mutations are similar to 'traits' in Fallout 1 and 2, which tweak the character with plus and minus effects

16. You can sell your crafted items to other players

17. There will be 'perk cards' when you level up. You can re-roll a character by swapping out perk cards

18. You can share perk cards with other people in your group

19. You will likely be able to have a robot vendor in your camp to buy and sell items

20. There will be voice chat, an emote mode, and a photo mode

21. Servers will have 'between 24 and 32 people' (it sounded like that still has to be decided, but it will be in that zone)

22. It's possible to play solo, in co-op (4 players) or battleground (12 vs 12)

23. 'End game content' will be the nuclear bunkers, where teams have to work together to solve puzzles and reveal parts of the nuclear code

24. There will be incentives to launching a numclear bomb to places where there arent people - as it will generate super rare items, crafting materials and drops

25. Legendary items return - but there will be several tiers of legendary

26. There will be regular free updates, but no paid DLC. 

27. There will be micro-transactions, but only for cosmetic items and all of those cosmetic items will be earnable in game

28. There will be one studio supporting Fallout 76 long term as the rest of the teams will move onto Starfield

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:24 PM EDT

Thanks for the write-up, Paul, I don't have the time to watch through the video right now. All of this seems pretty interesting, by now my purchase is predicated on the existence of private servers, the PC requirements and some better information on those micro-transactions. Maybe I should buy ESO to get a taste of an online RPG experience again (my last online game, outside of PUBG and Battlefield, was Star Wars The Old Republic).

• 773 posts
    June 13, 2018 1:24 PM EDT

Mr. Edd said:

Thanks for the write-up, Paul, I don't have the time to watch through the video right now. All of this seems pretty interesting, by now my purchase is predicated on the existence of private servers, the PC requirements and some better information on those micro-transactions. Maybe I should buy ESO to get a taste of an online RPG experience again (my last online game, outside of PUBG and Battlefield, was Star Wars The Old Republic).

They were very clear that anything that can be purchased in a microtransaction (presumably via Creation Club) will definitely be available from within the game for those willing to commit the time.

Overall I felt much more reassured from watching this documentary, it's well worth watching once you have a 40 minute slot