Forums » Fallout

Fallout 76 - Weapons - guns (or will Lis get a shotgun?)

• 295 posts
    June 13, 2018 5:57 AM EDT

Let's talk about guns and bullets. In the E3 official trailer I clearly saw the following weapons.

A modified hunting rifle; long barrel with a full stock and possibly a scope.

A mini gun

and yes, what I think to be the all important, smile producing double barrel.

At the E3 gameplay presentation, I also saw what looked to me like a gauss rifle, or actually sounded like one because they have a distinct firing sound. Other weapons I spied in the gameplay sequence were. 

Heard a missile

Saw a weapon that looked like a handmade rifle.

A FLINTLOCK! That got me all excited. Gimme flintlocks and real muskets!

Energy weapons

machine guns

a revolver

a different type of heavy weapon, wasn't a minigun, fatman, missile launcher or gatling. Had a slender barrel, but it was held lower in body like a heavy weapon typically is in Falllout 4.

Combat shotgun or rifle (hard to tell the images were flying by really fast and it's only like 5am. 

Anyway... What are your speculations on weapons? Will they go Fallout three, New Vegas, or ealier models, or will they retain the looks of Fallout 4. Clearly, they are also introducing brand new weapons in the game. 

• 627 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:04 AM EDT

Based on what we've seen of the weapons in the gameplay they've shown, I'd say they'll be sticking with the Fallout 4 versions of weapons with a few aditional weapons added on top. Also why are you only talking about guns? You may want your double barrel but I'm far more interested in getting a melee weapon to hit things with.

• 1467 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:05 AM EDT

Eh, I think it'll be very similar to Fallout 4's weapons. I haven't dissected the trailer for the weapons they've shown, but generally speaking I imagine that yeah, they're keeping most of the models from Fallout 4 from what I've see so I assume that will play a large part of it. I would however love it if there was a proper musket, or really any 'older' weapons rather than just 'the best, modern weapons'. I am hoping that Pipe Weapons are gone...I mean, I just didn't like them in Fallout 4 and I imagine there will be less of them since not everyone can craft new weapons...

Dunno, I'm mostly cool with anything.

• 295 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:08 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

Based on what we've seen of the weapons in the gameplay they've shown, I'd say they'll be sticking with the Fallout 4 versions of weapons with a few aditional weapons added on top. Also why are you only talking about guns? You may want your double barrel but I'm far more interested in getting a melee weapon to hit things with.

Because I thought that Melee deserved a whole topic for itself, because melee is so awesome, Goldie. :D But if you want to polute the glory of melee with this dingy topic and discuss them here too, then go for it. I was think only of maintaining the purity that is melee. 

• 1467 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:08 AM EDT

I need at least 13 different Baseball Bats or I'm not buying it >.> Plus you know...OH What would be fucking awesome would be if there was some sorta 'combine-a-weapon' function for melee weaons. You know, combining a Super Sledge with a Fire-Axe (which I think is confirmed as a weapon from what I recall), would be super awesome, or a Pool Cue but you add a Knife to the end, or you know.

Just using multiple melee weapons to create new weapons, and there would be a chance to combine modifications. So if your Knife does Bleeding Damage and your Baseball Bat has an Armour Piercing modification, that'd be a really cool combination that does AP and Bleed. Just a thought, would be pretty easy to add IMO and add a lot to melee weapons :D

• 55 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:41 AM EDT

They put a lot of emphasis on crafting and the importance of scavenging for not just the rare and important components for items, but also the blueprints for them. All of which are tradeable with other players. With a little guesswork from myself this sounds to me like if you played FO4 and instead of the crafting system how it is you instead found each level of modification or perhaps sets of modifications for weapon types (of which it seems there are a LOT more) while you are out exploring. You then learn you need materials that you can't but from vendors (no NPCs) that you have to go out to get. Some of which can be quite rare so while steel might be a quick get, fiber optics or ballistic fibre or other parts might be a bit harder to come by. This same system goes for food, water, chems, weapons, armor, mods, power armor, repairs, and more!

• 33 posts
    June 15, 2018 6:07 AM EDT

Welp, if they follow the Fallout 4 weapon system that means I won't get my throwables. No worries, I guess I will become the full on gun runner of the crew. Besides, if I remember correctly the trailer showed settlement artillery a la Minutemen Castle, so you guys can keep your tiny dick weapons, I WILL THROW BOWLING BALLS AT DEATCHLAWS.

• 627 posts
    June 15, 2018 6:46 AM EDT

tirrene said:

Welp, if they follow the Fallout 4 weapon system that means I won't get my throwables. No worries, I guess I will become the full on gun runner of the crew. Besides, if I remember correctly the trailer showed settlement artillery a la Minutemen Castle, so you guys can keep your tiny dick weapons, I WILL THROW BOWLING BALLS AT DEATCHLAWS.

So you'll be using The Striker then?

• 203 posts
    June 15, 2018 6:50 AM EDT

As long as it goes boom! I'm good to go.

I need a grenade launcher (was sorely missing that in FO4), a missile launcher and of course a handful of launch codes. I always end up being the guy in charge of food in online survival games so just think of it as a crazy farmer throwing hot potatoes around. Sweet, plasma carrying hot potatoes that irradiate all organic life nearby... It's the perfect addition to a healthy meal of bullets and laser wounds.

• 490 posts
    June 15, 2018 6:54 AM EDT

I want a sword so I can pretend I am actually playing an Elder Scrolls game.

• 203 posts
    June 15, 2018 7:05 AM EDT

Henson said:

Add in a Molotov, a cryo-grenade and a pulse grenade and you're good to pretend being a spellsword slinging destruction spells at your enemies.

Speaking of destruction, I would love to finally see a powerful flamethrower. Those things are probably the scariest short-range weapons I can imagine in real life. Then again, I grew up with a bad fear of fire (not phobia levels but as a kid I never had a nightmare that didn't involve my house burning down). But in the actual games, they always feel underwhelming, especially in FO4.

• 1467 posts
    June 15, 2018 7:40 AM EDT
    Speaking of destruction, I would love to finally see a powerful flamethrower. Those things are probably the scariest short-range weapons I can imagine in real life. Then again, I grew up with a bad fear of fire (not phobia levels but as a kid I never had a nightmare that didn't involve my house burning down). But in the actual games, they always feel underwhelming, especially in FO4.
    Are...are Flamers good in VATS? I have literally no clue, never used the damn thing because everytime I picked it up it felt kinda useless. But I could see that being super overpowered too, would love to have a good Flamethrower, in 76. Or at least more crazy fire based weapons so I can go absolutely bat-shit-insane and  burn everything to the ground :D
    • 1467 posts
    June 15, 2018 7:43 AM EDT

I need a grenade launcher (was sorely missing that in FO4), a missile launcher and of course a handful of launch codes. I always end up being the guy in charge of food in online survival games so just think of it as a crazy farmer throwing hot potatoes around. Sweet, plasma carrying hot potatoes that irradiate all organic life nearby... It's the perfect addition to a healthy meal of bullets and laser wounds

You know, I actually have a mod (on PS4 too) that adds Grenade Launchers to the game. Haven't tried it yet 'cause my current character doesn't use BOOMS, but thought I'd mention it (will get the name of the mod if you want it). But hell yeah, would not complain about a Grenade Launcher...or you know, anything. Okay so honestly really I just want MORE WEAPONS. 

• 627 posts
    June 15, 2018 7:56 AM EDT

Teineeva said:

Henson said:

Add in a Molotov, a cryo-grenade and a pulse grenade and you're good to pretend being a spellsword slinging destruction spells at your enemies.

What about magic grenades that heal people? Because that would let me pretend to be a cleric :P

• 203 posts
    June 15, 2018 8:02 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

Teineeva said:

Henson said:

What about magic grenades that heal people? Because that would let me pretend to be a cleric :P

Well, if it is an online game, chances are there will be some option to be a full-on medic. It does remind me of the huge missed opportunity that is the syringe rifle. If only it could have been used to shoot healing darts or buffing darts instead of being a moderately useless trinket.

• 203 posts
    June 15, 2018 8:03 AM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

I need a grenade launcher (was sorely missing that in FO4), a missile launcher and of course a handful of launch codes. I always end up being the guy in charge of food in online survival games so just think of it as a crazy farmer throwing hot potatoes around. Sweet, plasma carrying hot potatoes that irradiate all organic life nearby... It's the perfect addition to a healthy meal of bullets and laser wounds

You know, I actually have a mod (on PS4 too) that adds Grenade Launchers to the game. Haven't tried it yet 'cause my current character doesn't use BOOMS, but thought I'd mention it (will get the name of the mod if you want it). But hell yeah, would not complain about a Grenade Launcher...or you know, anything. Okay so honestly really I just want MORE WEAPONS. 

Of course, I modded something in Deebs. I just think there should be one in the base game. And yeah, more guns would be lovely.

• 627 posts
    June 15, 2018 8:38 AM EDT

Teineeva said:

Well, if it is an online game, chances are there will be some option to be a full-on medic. It does remind me of the huge missed opportunity that is the syringe rifle. If only it could have been used to shoot healing darts or buffing darts instead of being a moderately useless trinket.

Do you think it would be foolish (:P) to hope that they will expand on the syringer in this game? Since it seems like it would be the perfect supporty weapon.

• 33 posts
    June 15, 2018 10:01 AM EDT

Teineeva said:

Golden Fool said:

Teineeva said:

Henson said:

I stand corrected: I will shoot Psycho-filled syringes at YOU GUYS. Call me Viktor Von Tirrenstein.

• 295 posts
    June 15, 2018 10:15 AM EDT

Golden Fool said:

Teineeva said:

Do you think it would be foolish (:P) to hope that they will expand on the syringer in this game? Since it seems like it would be the perfect supporty weapon.

Medic support would be pretty sweet. 

• 248 posts
    June 15, 2018 8:38 PM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

Are...are Flamers good in VATS? I have literally no clue, never used the damn thing because everytime I picked it up it felt kinda useless. But I could see that being super overpowered too, would love to have a good Flamethrower, in 76. Or at least more crazy fire based weapons so I can go absolutely bat-shit-insane and  burn everything to the ground :D

flamers used in VATS actually have a small op glitch that fill your Crit bar way too quickly. I used that exploit in the Torturer. From that section "

This build’s combat style places a focus on AP Regeneration  & Critical Stacking and introduces a new mechanic. Please note this little overlooked gem from Fallout Wikia: 

“The first shot of the Flamer using VATS generates only a single tick on the critical meter, but the second shot generates several ticks at once, potentially filling the critical meter in an instant.

Before playtesting, I thought this was hyperbole. But it’s not. With this high luck setup, Sargent Ash will fill your critical bar on EVERY ATTACK! Just click VATs twice consecutively and poof! In fact, by adding in Critical Banker you’ll actually fill (at least) TWO criticals in just two VATs attacks with the Flamer. Then switch over to the Butcher’s Meat Hook for epic kill cams..."