Forums » General Gaming

Dragonborn's E3 Breakdown - Nintendo

• 1467 posts
    June 12, 2018 12:14 PM EDT

Super Mario Party

• Fucking crazy shit.
    • The game is sort of designed with the idea that you can play with up to four people, including using multiple Switches to connect (or I think you can just use four joycons). Just absolutely intriguing as an ida.
    • Has some sort of co-op/team mode which I don’t remember from…uh like the Wii version.
    • Release date of October 5th

Fire Emblem – Three Houses

• Releasing Spring , 2019
    • Mostly just a combination Gameplay/Story trailer that I didn’t entirely get because I was setting this up while it was starting :P

Super Smash Ultimate

• HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEE AS FUCK
    • They added a joke, loved it. Pretended to end it after saying "As you know, Super Smash Bros. is a game about smashing beloved characters off the screen" Nothing great, but better than the conference so far.
    • Confirmed Characters - Mario, Samus, Kirby, Bowser, Link, Donkey Kong, Fox, Falco, Marth, Zelda, Sheik, Villager, Mewto, Meta Knight, Sonic, Peach, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Inkling (Splatoon Character), Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, FUCKING POKEMON TRAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNER (or at least Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard), Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Lucas, Ryu, Ganondorf, Ike, Cloud, Snake, Jigglypuff, Roy, Pichu is back, Olimar, Diddy Long, Lucario, Lucina, Robin, Bayonetta, Mr Game and Watch, Greninja, Dr. Mario, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Corrin, Bowser Jr., Toon Link, Young Link, Rosalina and Luna, King Dedede, R.O.B, Mii's are still in it, Wario, Little Mac, PAC-MAN, Shulk, Wolf is back, Mega Man, Luigi, Yoshi.
    • So...like 1 new character? I think everyone else has been in it before, and like, shit I'm hyped for Pokemon Trainer coming back, and I liked Wolf, but seriously...nothing new...wait. Nope doesn't really seem like it.
    • Okay, yeah it's just every character in history so far. So there's all the older ones, but nothing really new, which is fucking shit IMO. Like I enjoy the characters, but come on...give us, I dunno Midna.
    • Right, I dig the idea, there will only be around 10 starting fighters, and you can unlock them at a...nicer rate
    • 8-Person Battles are still here, but it'll be tough.
    • Okay new changes to fighters. Mario is basic as shit, but he gets Cappy and new outfits.
    • Link is more Breath of the Wild-y, which is excellent.
    • Ice Climbers are still boring...
    • Ike is slightly different looking but more or less identical.
    • Pikachu can be female now.
    • Fox has a new outfit and Final Smash which is faster than before.
    • Falco is mostly the same, but slightly different.
    • Samus is better than before, slightly.
    • Marth's attack is faster (same with Lucina and Roy).
    • Snake is...Snake? 
    • King Dedede got a new Final Smash, which is cool looking honestly. 
    • Pichu is back, 
    • Zelda doesn't have Breath of the Wild... But has a new Final Smash
    • Sonic is shit, and I don't care. 
    • Pac-Man has a new final smash.
    • Pokemon TRAINER IS THE BEST. I don't care, he's awesome. Now with female character as well.
    • Captain Falcon can trigger a slo-mo effect in 1v1 fights. Which is sorta cool.
    • Cloud is Cloud. I don't know, never bought him. He does have a new display that shows him off better.
    • Robin now has something to display her tome/sword lifespan? It's really cool because before she'd just stop being able to cast spells or use melee attacks which sucked.
    • Villager has...more forms?
    • Bowser has a new Final Smash. 
    • Mr. Game and Watch is a thing still, and is basically just better animated.
    • Young Link is back and drinks milk.
    • Wolf is just sorta completly different which is cool.
    • Kirby...now has a shitty BotW refenerece.
    • Shulk is slightly better now. They changed his 'Arts' thing from multiple button presses to just needing a single one and then using a stick to select it. Essentially he's much faster at swapping between each 'form' which I think is excellent and will make him the real MVP.
    • Ganondorf has a new design and Final Smash.
    • Mii Fighters are still a thing, and have better movesets, which is good. Also voice options? 
    • Pit has a new Final Smash.
    • Zero Suit Samus has a new final smash...that's all :(
    • Bayonetta has two outfits? Again, not much to it. 
    • Wario has a new Final Smash.
    • Donkey Kong...again has a damn Final Smash. Just a lot of them have new Final Smashes.
    • Nobody gives a shit about Little Mac.
    • Ness is a thing. Guess what, a new Final Smash is all he gets.
    • Lucas...yeah you get the point.
    • Wii Fit Trainer has a new face...
    • Mega Man just...okay it's fucking lame still.
    • Palutena actually got an enhanced move set.
    • Lucina and Dark Pitt have a new feature. 
    • Oh Daisy is in the game. I mean, she's really just the same (more or less) as Peach but is slightly different. Kind of like Lucina and Dark Pitt being mostly the same as the original forms. It's a new 'Echo Fighters' system that they mention.
    • Oh...and they're trying to hype the Inkling...nobody really gives us a fuck tbh. Like it's cool, and makes sense, but just not that interesting IMO. Like, we get it, she shoots ink. Just play Splatoon to be honest, it's basically the same but would just be better.
    • New Trophies of course. Like tonnes and I'm just not going to cover them all, I mean there's over 50 of them, and it just lets us bitch more about not having 'so-and-so' as a full character. More Pokemon are included, and new items. Heh, Fake Smash Balls are now a thing.
    • BE SHOCKED. There are new stages with graphical changes. I'm not covering them at all.
    • Improved Directional Air Dodge, but dodges are also going to make you more vulnerable.
    • 1-on-1 battles are actually fairly interesting. There's a lot of new changes made to it that make it easier to fight a single person, or at least better.
    • Uh, you can play it with a GameCube Controller...and there's more Amiibo support. Oh and the data from other games transfers, only regarding Amiibo levelling up.
    • Uh...holy fucking shit. Okay so that's how you reveal a new character. Ridely is going to be a playable character in this game. Fuck I got chills just from watching it. He looks pretty basic, but just damn was it a good reveal. Had a little cinematic trailer where he full on murders Mario and Mega-Man and then gets his ass kicked (theoretically) by Zero-Suit Samus.
    • FUCKING HOLY, okay December 7th, 2018 release. 

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee

• Fucking Dicks...like no Pokemon content. Just, fucking assholes at Nintendo.

Random/Smaller Stuff

• Fortnite confirmed for Switch, available today.
    • Overcooked 2 - August 7th.
    • Killer Queen Black - 2018 sometime
    • Hollow Knight - Side-Scrolling Action-Adventure Game, available today.
    • Arena of Valour - Fall 2019
    • Minecraft - June 21st
    • Starlink - October 16th
    • Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Donkey Kong Adventure...I think it's one very confusing game - June 26th
    • Pixark - Fall 2018
    • Just Dance 2019 - October 23
    • Dragonball Fighter Z - 2018
    • Splatoon 2 Beta - Summer 2018
    • Captain Toad: Treasure Hiunter
    • Crash Bandicoot - N'Sane Trilogy - June 29th
    • Fifa18 - Now
    • FIFA19 - September 28
    • ARk: Survival Enhanced - Fall 2018
    • Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - Fall 2018
    • Paladins: Champions of the Realms - Available Now
    • Fallout Shelter - Available Now
    • Dark Souls: Remastared - Summer 2018
    • Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - August 28th
    • Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus - June 29th
    • Megaman 11 - October 2nd
    • Mario Tennis Aces - June 22

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 12, 2018 12:54 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 12, 2018 12:24 PM EDT

So...Nintendo, not entirely down for this whole, here are 80000000 3 second game demos. That was a pain in the ass to write up just because of how quick it was. But basically they're releasing a tonne of shit on Switch, including a few...'darker' less child-friendly games.

• 1467 posts
    June 12, 2018 12:55 PM EDT

So...be shocked, it's like 80% Smash, with a few other things. 

• 1467 posts
    June 12, 2018 12:59 PM EDT

So the best news for Smash Fans like myself. Pokemon Trainer is back, actually every character from older games is back. Ridley and Inkling are the only (so far) confirmed new characters, but neither are DLC. So there's like... 60 characters that you can unlock for free, which is radical. I think they might. MIGHT, bring some more characters in after release as DLC, they did it with Smash (Wii U) which I thought would make sense.

They fucking didn't even mention a single new piece of info for Pokemon...which makes me think it'll be utter garbage. I mean, one thing they were talking about is how similar the catching style will be to Pokemon Go, which...like it's fine but man I just want some real, real information on the games you know? I like Pokemon, but I need something concrete after being bored from X and Y.

Not staying up (past... 3 AM) to watch the gameplay. So let me know if they reveal any Pokemon info. That's all I care about now that I have more Smash news. And I just wasn't too hyped for anything. Like, there was some cool shit, but nothing that would make me buy a Switch just for Smash and what I've seen of Pokemon.

• 1467 posts
    June 12, 2018 1:01 PM EDT

Right, it's official. I'm out, goodnight all and I'll see you in...like 6 hours :( Fucking stupid of me, but yeah Bethesda has won E3 for me, followed by Sony, then Nintendo but neither of them were all that well done. Honestly I thought they had shit conferences, but I might've been expecting too much? Not sure, I liked the Smash half of Nintendo's stuff, their earlier stuff was just boring as fuck, nothing interesting except maybe the new Fire Emblem game. But, yeah I'm out.