Forums » General Gaming

Dragonborn's E3 Breakdown - Sony

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 7:14 PM EDT

Alright Sony is live officially, they seem to be opening with musical numbers... Anyway I'll be breaking down each game as it appears, and anything else that they have I suppose, you never know if they'll reveal a new Playstation Gimmick :P

Sony Stream

The Last of Us, Part 2.

• Looks like Ellie is the main character for this game.
    • Humans are a more important threat than the...zombies or whatever. Just so far she's only fought human enemies.
    • Bow Gameplay is always awesome :D
    • It seems to be highly stealth based which isn't all that surprising, but combat seems a lot more fleshed out, fluid and just interesting. 
    • Quick-Time Events Confirmed...super shocking.
    • Okay so it looks like the game is a lot more about being fast, fluid and using the environment in more interesting ways. The original game had distractions and hiding spots but this one lets you use things like bottles as sorta weapons.  Not great, but enough to distract an enemy which, is similar but in the first game you get seen you die about 50% of the time.
    • Melee weapons seem a lot morre important than they were in the first game, and maybe there's armour? Enemies definitely can have armour but I don't know if Ellie will be able to. Possibly, meaning you could kind of... build around what you scavenge even more than the first game. I don't remember whether the first game had armour but I don't think it was anything much.
    • Joel didn't show up at all, so I think his story is done and this is focused entirely on Ellie.

Ghost of Tsushima

• Horse-Riding = Good.
    • Alright combat time. It seems fairly standard for a sword-fighting game, a lot of parrying, counters and attacking/guarding. You do fight enemies with different weapons and there are some really cool counter-kills, but it seems like the main character only really fights with a Katana.
    • Basic stealth based gameplay, it also has  a pretty simple parkour system. You do get an interesting...grappling hook of sorts so there is some interesting movement, but the stealth system is pretty simple, very much similar to playing Assassins Creed. 
    • The more I see from it the more stunning it is. Just an absolutely wonderful looking game.

Spider-Man

• Will be available by September
    • Electro is a major villain...or at least the first confirmed villain.
    • Very much has a boring combat feel IMO. Basic combo-mashing fighter with extra jumping. As a comparison think of something like Force Unleashed
    • Rhino confirmed (because that's a good combination).
    • The basic starting point is that Spiderman was doing a routine check of the 'definitely not Arkham Asylum' and then Electro breaks everyone out, including random minions and just about all the major villains you can think of. Could be somewhat interesting if the game is purely set here, btu that defeats the point of Spider-Man swinging all around so I hope they don't do that. 
    • But yeah, looks kinda boring but it'll all depend on the web-swinging action. The wall-running seems a bit weird, he was literally running up it rather than climbing like Spider-Man actually would.
    • Vulture and Scorpion confirmed. 
    • Alright the web-swinging does not look interesting at all. Doesn't feel fluid at all, which I think is a huge problem.
    • Electro's powers seem kind of interesting though, he gets a lot more than just shooting thunderbolt like he's a Pokemon. He can move metal crates and throw them with his electricity, send out giant beams or blasts of it, kind of... has a Lightning Cloak.
    • Interesting looking villain who I've never seen before. Has some sort of...blue/black/white combo coloured attack and he kind of looks like someone inverted the coloursof a normal person. No idea who it is but I'm not a huge Spider-Man fan so, it could be anyone.
    • Looks...mediocre to be honest. I could be wrong, but yeah just nothing special.

Resident Evil 2

• Weird rat start to the trailer.
    • I'm not sure if it's a single main character, or multiple different ones. So far it's seemed to show a Cop, a random Woman and maybe a few others. Oh it's just Resident Evil 2. 
    • January 25th 2019 release I think...couldn't 100% catch it but I think that's what it was.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 11, 2018 10:11 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 9:14 PM EDT

Alright shit's going down. Last of Us is currently running and it's a really good showcase focused on the game rather than chatting.

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 9:27 PM EDT

There are some extra maps you get in Black Ops 3 if you preorder Black Ops 4 for Playstation. Not sure if it's available on Xbox but definitely on 3 for PS4. It seems like they're encouraging people to play the game.

Also, Black Ops 3 is available on Playstation+ from tonight. I think that's actually a really awesome idea, giving out a few free games during E3 to promote games that are coming out. Good on you Sony (would personally prefer a game I don't own, but still a cool idea at least). 

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 9:28 PM EDT

Uh...I think they've just shown off a few VR games but I'm not 100% sure, it looked interesting, or some of the games looked interesting. Twin Mirrors I think, and another game that I didn't catch the name of. 

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 9:32 PM EDT

They broke their Twitch Stream... fucking dicks. Anyway, watching on YouTube just fine, and they're promoting some Destiny Stuff at the moment. I haven't kept up with Desting 2 at all but it looks as good as Destiny content always does before you play it (where it's closer to 50/50, sometimes trash sometimes great). I won't be making full posts about a few smaller things like that, but yeah it's just a Destiny 2: Forsaken DLC trailer.

And...another musical number. Dope and all, but uh, one was plenty.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 11, 2018 9:32 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 9:46 PM EDT

Control: Seems like a weird game where it's mostly focused on telekinesis but the...area is almost fully destructabile and the world sort of... shifts, not constantly or anything interesting. But it does shift around.

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 9:52 PM EDT

Kingdoms Heart 3...just doesn't look that great for a modern game. Gotta be honest it's just, average at best when it should look really amazing for an animated game.

Shitty looking game made by Justin Roiland (a weird platformer...I don't...I'm just not sure about it at all.

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 9:56 PM EDT

I...what the fuck? 

Okay, so fucking weirdest start but it's a game starring Norman Reedus made by Kojima Productions, which is sorta cool. It's getting more interesting, and a little trippy, but definitely not just a normal game. So the starting idea seemed to be just that you were some guy delivering materials in a post-apocalyptic world but now there's some sort of invisible creature as well. 

Death Stranddding is the name of the game...super weird looking, just super weird. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 11, 2018 10:01 PM EDT
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 11, 2018 10:01 PM EDT

I've been anticipating their colab for a long time. It is my understanding that it is a Kojima-Del Toro-Reedus project, and a few years ago they were going to release a Silent Hill game before the company pulled the plug on it.

I'm not sure I'll be able to look at Reedus and not be reminded of the absolute wreck The Walking Dead has become last season, though.

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 10:03 PM EDT

That, would kinda make a bit of sense. The more I watched the weirder it was, and...yeah okay that sounds reasonable.

Cannot disagree one but with you there. 

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 10:03 PM EDT

Nioh sequal confirmed. 

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 10:13 PM EDT

Fuck...one more game that I need to stay for. It's just entirely boring up until now. Like I'm excited for most of the games (Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us 2, maybe Resident Evil 2, and...okay so Death Stranding is fucking weird, but maybe) but the actual presentation was entirely boring. 

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 10:15 PM EDT

From Software has a new game...in VR

I don't know if I care...it's not interesting looking. So honestly, Sony was dissapointing compared to Bethesda, not so much in the games department for me (I wanted Last of Us 2 as much as Starfield) but just the presentation of the conference was boring and dull. 5 minutes of gameplay, or 1 minute shorts...not much to it and I felt like having a bit more stage presence would've been nice. Run through the mentality of the creators, let them provide some feedback. Not sure if a lot of that is just the fact that Sony has a lot of Japanese Studios or not, but yeah...very dull overall.

I'm hyped for the games, but nothing majorly ground-breaking like the Starfield/TES: 6 announcement.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 11, 2018 10:18 PM EDT
    • 1441 posts
    June 11, 2018 10:35 PM EDT
    Sekiro isn't just in VR
    • 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 10:39 PM EDT

Yeah, and it isn't Sekiro, it's another game, cause I'm down for Sekiro but this weird game is...weird.