Forums » Fallout

Fallout 76 Archive

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 12:33 AM EDT

Hey there. Just letting you know that we officially have a Fallout: 76 Group now, so most content related to the game is going to move over there. The Archives here will not be updated as more content comes out, but the one over there will (with tags and more direction). Thanks, and hope to see you over there :D

Videos you NEED to watch

Fallout 76 - Full E3 Presentation

Todd Howard Exclusive Interview with Geoff Keighley

The Making of Fallout 76 - Noclip Documentary

Pete Hines Reveals More Info on Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls 6 and More

Fallout 76 - Leveling System Explained

Multiplayer Discussions

Fallout 76: Multiplayer Brainstorming

Story/Character Speculation

Discussion about Ghouls

Discussion about Factions

Fallout 76 - Creature Archive

Gameplay/Weapon Discussions

Discussion about Character Creation

Fallout 76 - Weapons (Guns) or Will Lis Get A Shotgun?

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at July 3, 2018 3:04 AM EDT
    • 558 posts
    June 12, 2018 7:48 AM EDT
    I can't watch videos right now, but is this new Fallout basically ESO with guns?
    • 627 posts
    June 12, 2018 8:20 AM EDT

Gollum said: I can't watch videos right now, but is this new Fallout basically ESO with guns?

That would depend on what you are looking at, in essence you could call it ESO with guns since it is an online version of a perviously single player Bethesda game. As for the gameplay; based on what has been said and I've seen, I wouldn't call it ESO with guns. I've seen people comparing it to Rust but since I haven't played that game I can't say one way or the other.

• 1441 posts
    June 12, 2018 12:39 PM EDT
    So, private servers will become a thing
    • 773 posts
    June 12, 2018 12:51 PM EDT

Chris said: So, private servers will become a thing

Yes, although we don't yet know when or how much it will cost

The potential certainly exists to have a Tamriel Vault private server. Could you imagine how cool it would be to have a West Virginia populated ONLY be members of the site? The possibilities are awesome!

• 558 posts
    June 12, 2018 8:48 PM EDT

Alright

• 1467 posts
    June 12, 2018 11:44 PM EDT

The potential certainly exists to have a Tamriel Vault private server. Could you imagine how cool it would be to have a West Virginia populated ONLY be members of the site? The possibilities are awesome!

Do we really think that Private Servers would cost extra? I haven't played a whole slew of MMO's, and most of the ones I have played were years ago but I know that there are plenty of games that don't charge you for Private Servers. Either way I'd be 100% willing to pitch in if it did cost money.

• 277 posts
    June 13, 2018 5:01 AM EDT

Paul said:

Chris said: So, private servers will become a thing

...as long as we kick out those nihilistic trolls :)

• 627 posts
    June 13, 2018 5:04 AM EDT

Noodles said:

...as long as we kick out those nihilistic trolls :)

Yeah, no DB! :P

• 649 posts
    June 13, 2018 5:50 AM EDT
    I'm down for that as long as I can kill Lis in all ways you can imagine, such as shooting her head off with a teddy bear. I mean, every game where I can kill Lis is an awesome game xD
    • 295 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:02 AM EDT

Karver the Lorc said: I'm down for that as long as I can kill Lis in all ways you can imagine, such as shooting her head off with a teddy bear. I mean, every game where I can kill Lis is an awesome game xD

See, this is how awesome I am, already everyone wants me dead. :D Well, you are welcome to buy yourself a ps4, join me on the server and try. :D

Speaking of death, I started a topic on weapons. So now you all can speculate on the many ways (at least pertaining to guns) to kill Lis. 

Fallout 76 - weapons - guns

• 1467 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:04 AM EDT

Yeah, no DB! :P

That's what I was going to say, definitely no way we let DB into anything :P

• 1467 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:12 AM EDT

Got it added to the Archives already :D

And you know me Liss, I'll happily play on PS4 and try and murder you (Time for me to build a Legendary Sniper) :P

• 295 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:17 AM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

Got it added to the Archives already :D

And you know me Liss, I'll happily play on PS4 and try and murder you (Time for me to build a Legendary Sniper) :P

*runs off sobbing to the Virginia forests to live with the ghouls*

• 1467 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:56 AM EDT

*runs off sobbing to the Virginia forests to live with the ghouls*

At least the forests are green :P

• 44 posts
    June 13, 2018 8:08 AM EDT

I'm interested in this game, but not overly hyped. Going to try it for laughs.

• 773 posts
    June 13, 2018 8:39 AM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

Do we really think that Private Servers would cost extra? I haven't played a whole slew of MMO's, and most of the ones I have played were years ago but I know that there are plenty of games that don't charge you for Private Servers. Either way I'd be 100% willing to pitch in if it did cost money. 

Honestly, I've no idea DB. All this stuff is pretty new for me! But I'm basing it off something I heard in one of the YouTube videos that suggested there might be a cost involved.

The more important aspect, mentioned by Todd Howard this time, is the fact that the private servers are going to be the place for mods. Now THIS is interesting! The idea that we could create a TV private server for Fallout 76, mod it to make it a genuinely RPG experience is something that could be a huge thing for the site -  bringing in new active members and energising our existing members. We have all the supporting infrastructure here already - with the forums, groups, Fallout Hub and so on, to be able to supplement the actual gaming world with discussion, tips, stories, photos, videos etc.

If it works out how it could do (and there's an awful lot we DON'T know yet) I think it could be a gamchanger for the Vault

• 277 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:01 AM EDT

Well at least now we know why there's so much green in 76's environment. It's because lots of people continued nuking stuff after the war.

• 55 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:15 AM EDT

Paul said:

Dragonborn2021 said:

Honestly, I've no idea DB. All this stuff is pretty new for me! But I'm basing it off something I heard in one of the YouTube videos that suggested there might be a cost involved.

The more important aspect, mentioned by Todd Howard this time, is the fact that the private servers are going to be the place for mods. Now THIS is interesting! The idea that we could create a TV private server for Fallout 76, mod it to make it a genuinely RPG experience is something that could be a huge thing for the site -  bringing in new active members and energising our existing members. We have all the supporting infrastructure here already - with the forums, groups, Fallout Hub and so on, to be able to supplement the actual gaming world with discussion, tips, stories, photos, videos etc.

If it works out how it could do (and there's an awful lot we DON'T know yet) I think it could be a gamchanger for the Vault

They said that the only transactions they would have were cosmetic items and even then you could get them in game by working for them, and the transaction was just a shortcut. On the other hand they would have DLCs and they would be completely free. Therefore, I don't see any reason they would put any cost with private servers. As Todd said....somewhere...might have been the documentary, I have watched a lot of stuff lol; Bethesda knows that modded play is the lifeblood of the long term survival of their games and they will always support that. It just won't be at launch because resources are focused on other stuff like making the game itself work and working out bugs and honing core features.

• 55 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:45 AM EDT

Map of the world stitched together by someone from all the trailer and documentary screens and labled with all the locations that were shown. Looks awesome!

Full Size Link

• 1467 posts
    June 13, 2018 7:28 PM EDT

Looks absolutely dope :D

• 1467 posts
    June 14, 2018 7:39 AM EDT

So, been adding some videos to the Archives, mostly focused on 'official content' and trying to stay away from, you know Youtubers breaking stuff down. I do have a single video from MrMattyPlays but yeah, usually just sticking (for now) with just plain videos from E3 and post-E3 Interviews. Let me know if I've missed anything by the way, it's been tough to keep up with everything :P