Forums » General Gaming

Dragonborn's E3 Breakdown - Bethesda

• 248 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:45 PM EDT

Mr. Edd said:

I didn't understand something. He said it is entirely online but that you can play it solo, so my understanding is that you can PLAY by yourself, but you'll still have other players running around, correct?

Yeah there will be others in the server - but in limited numbers.

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:45 PM EDT

ELDER SCROLLS CONFIRMED...for mobile.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:46 PM EDT

Gopher said it best:

"I need whisky"

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:49 PM EDT

*sigh* yeah, I...yeah the whiskey would be good right now.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2018 10:49 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:53 PM EDT

STARFIELD CONFIRMED MOTHERF**KERS

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:55 PM EDT

And after Starfield, it is officially confirmed that Elder Scrolls 6 is the next game. There's just...okay so it was like 10 seconds but there's some stuff to look at with it.

• 248 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:56 PM EDT

At least a Starfield/ES6 timeline and some confirmation of sorts...that's about it. 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:57 PM EDT

Well, I expected a trailer for Starfield or something. Instead we got a teaser for Starfield and TES VI... and Fallout 76. My hope for a good Fallout this generation has vanished. But well, maybe it won't be that bad... Right?

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:59 PM EDT

I did expect more for Starfield. It looks like that'll be 2019 and then TES:6 is either 2020 or 2021.

• 1441 posts
    June 10, 2018 11:01 PM EDT
    Then there's the Prey update out tonight
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 11:14 PM EDT

Alright guys, I've compiled most of the major stuff and will be adding Doom, Prey and some of the other 'minor' games to the list in more detail. I think really the main draws are going to be Fallout 76, TES 6 and Starfield, but I could be wrong.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 10, 2018 11:39 PM EDT

Looking back, I'm more excited about TES VI than anything else. Even if it is the farthest from seeing daylight. I'm sure Starfield isn't going to be bad, but I don't know a lot about it to get excited for it.

• 248 posts
    June 10, 2018 11:47 PM EDT

So - Are the ES folks not interested in a mobile game? It just seems, idk...meh. Like another stop gap while they wait for "next gen" tech to make ES6....

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 11:53 PM EDT

So - Are the ES folks not interested in a mobile game? It just seems, idk...meh. Like another stop gap while they wait for "next gen" tech to make ES6....

It's just...yeah I dunno, it seemed super boring to me. That and there wasn't much to go on to be honest, I mean I'm not really big into mobile games normally and I just didn't see anything that would convince me that this would be more interesting than any other mediocre mobile game. At least Bethesda's sticking with their free-to-play model there.

• 277 posts
    June 11, 2018 12:31 AM EDT

WHERE IS THAT IN TES 6??? Valenwood? Summerset? Please be Valenwood!!!

• 67 posts
    June 11, 2018 12:31 AM EDT
    So this E3 has was a tad of let down for me. My two favorite SINGLE PLAYER RPG developers (bethesda and bioware) have both abandoned single player to jump on the multiplayer ban wagon that's pretty shit. I hope CDPR gives us single player with Cyberpunk.
    • 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 12:35 AM EDT

Eh, I don't think so sorry Noodles, looks more like a High Rock to me.

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 12:37 AM EDT
    So this E3 has was a tad of let down for me. My two favorite SINGLE PLAYER RPG developers (bethesda and bioware) have both abandoned single player to jump on the multiplayer ban wagon that's pretty shit. I hope CDPR gives us single player with Cyberpunk.
    To give Bioware a HUGE amount of slack that I think they deserve, I just 100% blame EA for anything they have to do. Remember they are not a standalone company with a lot of free time and effort, they're a pale image of their former selves that EA drove into the ground. That and Bethesda still has plenty of single player RPG's planned, it's just F76 that seems to be different. 
    • 277 posts
    June 11, 2018 12:39 AM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

Eh, I don't think so sorry Noodles, looks more like a High Rock to me.

Good enough!

• 277 posts
    June 11, 2018 12:51 AM EDT

During the Skyrim Very Special Edition trailer, when the guy finds out he has no potions left and right befire his next voice command... has anyone else shouted at the screen: "EAT ALL THE CHEESE"? XD

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 1:07 AM EDT

Honestly, the Very Special Edition might be the best thing to come out of E3 for years :D

• 773 posts
    June 11, 2018 4:01 AM EDT

Mr. Edd said:

Is that Ron Howard narrating the trailer? I missed his voice in Fallout 4 (outside of the TV news).

You heard it here first.... New Fallout 76 creature that is an irriated hybrid of Ron Pearlman and Todd Howard

This post was edited by Paul at June 11, 2018 4:01 AM EDT
    • 773 posts
    June 11, 2018 4:08 AM EDT

Thanks for doing this DB, and having watched a few videos already I can honestly say that I'm hyped!

Fallout 76 - well, I think given that many rumours that it was going to be 'just' an online game, you have to be at least 'hopeful' after Todd Howard was at pains to emphasise that 'of course you can play in single player'. He actually said it twice! You don't HAVE to play with others. That, at least, is a big step forward from what was being thrown around two or three weeks ago. For myself, I can't wait to forum up in a small group with a few others and start forming our new commune. At last I'll be able to form my hippy, drug-induced commune that I always wanted to do with Sunshine Tidings

Starfield - I hoped we'd see a bit more about it, but hey - its SINGLE PLAYER!!! Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds over the next few months

Elder Scrolls VI - we got what I predicted on the predictions thread - a teaser trailer. So now we at least know that it is in development, which we did not know before. OK, so its probably at least two to three years away. BUt at least it is coming...

Elder Scrolls Blades - meh! I'll probably take a look at this, but it doesn't really excite me.

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 4:14 AM EDT

Fallout 76 - well, I think given that many rumours that it was going to be 'just' an online game, you have to be at least 'hopeful' after Todd Howard was at pains to emphasise that 'of course you can play in single player'. He actually said it twice! You don't HAVE to play with others. That, at least, is a big step forward from what was being thrown around two or three weeks ago. For myself, I can't wait to forum up in a small group with a few others and start forming our new commune. At last I'll be able to form my hippy, drug-induced commune that I always wanted to do with Sunshine Tidings

Yeah, I was never sure what he meant there. I mean, and I might have to rewatch stuff again, but I thought it was more along the lines of 'you can play by yourself' rather than single player. As I was watching I just thought that it meant there was multiplayer, and then there was...multiplayer, but your a loner so you don't interact with others. Not sure, honestly going to have to watch the whole thing a few times just to wrap my mind around everything.

But yeah, honestly, we've been chatting and I think the coolest thing would be if we could create official TVault servers, that are mostly exclusive, small in player numbers and just involve our community here messing around with each other. Very hard to pinpoint everything before the Beta (and even then, depends on the NDA involved)

Starfield - I hoped we'd see a bit more about it, but hey - its SINGLE PLAYER!!! Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds over the next few months

I think this is going to be a November/October release either next year or 2020 so, I'm excited but also just waiting to see. Can never be sure, but honestly yeah I'd be hyped for a good Sci-Fi RPG.

Elder Scrolls VI - we got what I predicted on the predictions thread - a teaser trailer. So now we at least know that it is in development, which we did not know before. OK, so its probably at least two to three years away. BUt at least it is coming...

Elder Scrolls Blades - meh! I'll probably take a look at this, but it doesn't really excite me.

Pretty much my thoughts too. Which reminds me I do need to update this thread a little bit.

• 1467 posts
    June 11, 2018 4:54 AM EDT

So with Fallout stuff, I have to admit the Scorchbeast (the Dragon looking thing) was one of my favourite new enemies. Anyone else see a creature that was really awesome looking, or just interesting?