Forums » General Gaming

Dragonborn's E3 Breakdown - Bethesda

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 6:36 PM EDT

So, over the next few days I'm kind of going to be breaking down a few different conferences on-site and showcasing some of the content that's being announced at E3. I'm starting off with Bethesda but will likely try and do the same thing for the Sony and Nintendo streams tommorow and Wednesday. 

Elder Scrolls 6 Confirmed

There's nothing for it other than this fact, but Todd Howard let us know that Elder Scrolls 6 is going to be after Starfield which is after Fallout 76. At the moment we've got the teaser trailer with nothing else, but based off it I think we can essentially suggest that Hammerfell and High Rock are the two most likely candidates. To me it doesn't feel like Valenwood at all, so High Rock's my bet, but I could be wrong.

Fallout 76 - What We Know:

So far the new trailer (shown above) has shown some interesting new elements to the game that automatically makes it different to Fallout 3, New Vegas or 4. Here's a list of just what we've seen so far.

Confirmed - Multiplayer

Confirmed - November 14th Release Date (THIS YEAR)

• There's a new flying 'Gargoyle' like creature in the world (which we assume is an enemy). The creature shows up at around 2:26 and it's difficult to tell exactly what it might be, but it's a fairly stubby little creature with wings larger than it's body. My guess is that it isn't a mutated bird but something else that's mutated to have wings.
    • At 2:19 we see another new creature, that looks a bit lizard-like to me? Not sure but it's a pretty terrifying looking one if it can move at any decent speeds, the sort of thing that could run at you in a strange fashion and just tear into you.
    • At 1:49 we see another new creature, which looks completely different than the other two. It's a hulking, massive thing that maybe is a Gorilla? Maybe not, maybe this is some sort of precursor to the Super Mutants? Humans effected by the radiation in different ways? Not sure, it seems unlikely but it'd give a pretty solid reasoning to the creation of the Mutants if similar creatures (but a bit less refined) already existed). That's just me spitballing though.
    • EVERYTHING IS GREEN. This kind of surprised me but the world just looks rather vibrant, especially in comparison to Fallout 3 (which takes place pretty close to Fallout 76). Maybe there were no bombs launched at West Virginia so it's experienced less issues?
    • Oh and West Virginia is officlaly confirmed to be the location, and it's going to be 4x the size of Fallout 4's map.
    • Chris Avellone has been confirmed to be working on Dying Light 2, making the rumors that he would be writing this game feel like just rumors. 
    • The E3 conference has given us new content.
    • There's now a combined...spider and bee-hive combination creature that's absolutely disgusting.
    • There's a new frog-like creature that's absolutely covered in eyes.
    • There's a new, I guess it looks kind of like a not sure it's humanoid but not a Ghoul or a Super Mutant.
    • Super Mutants are confied,
    • Scorchbeast is a new...dragon/bat/gargoyle like creature that's really awesome looking.
    • Essentially there's a huge list of new creatures that have been revealed. I'd say that there's a good dozen at least that have already been revealed. 
    • Fallut 76 has officially been confirmed to be a Multiplayer Game. You can play by yourself but it's still an MMO Survival game. They do keep mentioning single player but I think they mean a single person playing by themselves online, not sure yet.
    • Their are actually Atomic Bombs set around the game world that you can fight over and actually launch. I think these impact the envrionments and can even kill people. They can be a team combination thing, so if...say the Tamriel Vault Guild got together and found one part of a code, each person could team up for the full code and release it anywhere they want. It seems to be a huge new feature of the game which is fairly interesting. They do create more radiation.

Starfield - Confirmed

Again nothing major to it, we just know that it's their next big game.

Elder Scrolls: Blades

• New Bethesda, Elder Scrolls mobile game.
    • Looks pretty simplistic but has a fully developed combat system.
    • Multiple modes of play. The Abyss - Roguelike. The Arena - 1v1 battle. The Town - Story and Quest-based gaming.
    • Single player at least?

Rage 2:

• Is a thing.
    • Feels even more like Mad Max then ever before.
    • Weird rock band to open the game?
    • A lot of weapons, grenades, powers and whatnot. 
    • Sorta cool but not a whole lot to the game.

Doom: Eternal

• Has twice as many demons as the 2016 Doom
    • Set on Earth rather than a different planet.
    • Doomslayer is more powerful than before.
    • Dicks are announcing most of the cool stuff at Quake...just teasing us here

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2018 11:24 PM EDT
    • 295 posts
    June 10, 2018 6:49 PM EDT

Was talking about it in the other thread. There be a flying thing and a gorilla, and there's a funny West Virginia legend about a Mothman, so who knows. Here's hoping there is also a doggie. :D

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 6:51 PM EDT

Hadn't thought about the idea of the flying thing being a sort of... insect-like creature. That could be it. There was also another creature that looked kind of...lizard-like to me, not sure if it was that or a mammal but if you go to around 2:19 it looks like it's eating a corpse. Pretty gross little thing honestly.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 10, 2018 6:56 PM EDT

Is that Ron Howard narrating the trailer? I missed his voice in Fallout 4 (outside of the TV news).

This post was edited by Mr. at June 10, 2018 6:56 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 6:59 PM EDT

Could be, honestly couldn't tell.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 10, 2018 6:59 PM EDT

Ron Perlman! Sorry, the Solo director got on the way..

• 67 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:11 PM EDT
    Holy crap it's fucking Moth man lol
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:14 PM EDT

Is...mothman like a thing?

• 248 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:14 PM EDT

Yeah Mothman - one of the guys in teh NO CLIP documentary about Bethesda was wearing a Mothman T-shirt while working on FO76

• 248 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:16 PM EDT

I have a separate question - so remember last year Todd (or maybe it was uncle Pete) said they didn't even have the tech to make ES6?

Considering everything we've seen from FO76 - it looks 100% like the FO4 engine. 

Which almost for sure means ES6 is still is not really being made yet...right? Like, why pump out another fallout on the same engine when your fans are dying for ES6 unless you flat out don't have the technology to make ES6 the way you want? 

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:21 PM EDT

Yeah that's my assumption at this point. I mean, it's obvious that there has been an improvement to the engine because of the world-mass and how complicated it seems to be (the addition of so much nature-y stuff) but I assume that there'd be something a bit...more to the game if they had a new engine or the ability to do...more. But there defninitely is more in 76 than 4, at least in regards to the complexity of the world space.

Also, I noticed that the game is going to be available for pre-order this month. Does that mean a 2018 release?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:29 PM EDT

I wonder if it will require a better computer than the one needed for Fallout 4. I hope not.

As for the release date, I expect it to be later this year, yes.

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:32 PM EDT

Meh, as long as it doesn't require a better Playstation than mine I'm set :P

• 627 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:33 PM EDT

Mr. Edd said:

I wonder if it will require a better computer than the one needed for Fallout 4. I hope not.

I just hope it runs better then around Diamond City does.

• 248 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:36 PM EDT

Mr. Edd said:

Don't they always release fallout in october? That was the date on the Pip-boy in the original teaser. October 27th (2102). (although, the vault was supposed to open in 2097....)

• 490 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:37 PM EDT

Does anyone else think that Fallout 76 was the real Fallout game they wanted to make and FO4 was a sort of test with a new engine and they needed more time with 76? I just don't understand releasing a game 4x the size of the same franchise game just a few years before it.

Don't get me wrong, I played the shit out of FO4 and am excited for more Fallout but it just seems odd to me. Maybe we are missing some component that will make us all see it in a different light. If it really is another large single player RPG game then I will continue to stay confused. If it has added functions like multiplayer or some online component than I think that will bring it into a better focus for me.

But all of this complaining is really the angry Elder Scrolls fan inside of me who hates Bethesda for "going out of order" and how they said in the past they don't want to just pump out fallout and elder scrolls games. Couldn't they have at least pumped out a new Elder Scrolls game instead of Fallout? lol

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 8:11 PM EDT

Don't get me wrong, I played the shit out of FO4 and am excited for more Fallout but it just seems odd to me. Maybe we are missing some component that will make us all see it in a different light. If it really is another large single player RPG game then I will continue to stay confused. If it has added functions like multiplayer or some online component than I think that will bring it into a better focus for me.

But all of this complaining is really the angry Elder Scrolls fan inside of me who hates Bethesda for "going out of order" and how they said in the past they don't want to just pump out fallout and elder scrolls games. Couldn't they have at least pumped out a new Elder Scrolls game instead of Fallout? lol

It does definitely feel a little strange yeah, I think that we're going to learn more about it and that'll clear stuff up but I won't really understand it if we hear that it's Bethesda making a new single-player Fallout. What might work is if this was going to be their "Fallout - New Vegas" and they got Chris Avellone on board, saw what he was doing and said "Holy fucking shit guys, let's pour all our money into this so we become the greatest company ever". But he's working on Dying Light 2 (which I am now infinitely pumped for rather than just mostly pumped) so that's unlikely...

But yeah, other then that multiplayer or co-op or something would be the driving force that sets it apart from Fallout 4...Or, the more I think about it the weirder Fallout 4 was, I mean, don't get me wrong I prefer the gameplay but when you look at the actual RPG elements of the game and you compare them to 3...it's just strange what they did with the game, and honestly if it turns out that it was a test-run for Fallout 76 a lot of stuff would make sense. The baffling decision to have the shitty conversation wheel, the baffling storyline, the lack of character in the world, all of it would just be a lot clearer for me.

Don't know, but Fallout 4 always felt...emptier to me, like there's less memorable moments for me despite playing it more than 3 and NV put together by this point (which means around 100 hours). So that's my second thought, that they released Fallout 4 to pilot test some new shit and keep people interested in Fallout, but 76 is their main selling point. 

• 248 posts
    June 10, 2018 9:00 PM EDT

Henson - I totally get the ES angst of them "going out of order". I think almost all bethesda rpg fans would prefer the new stand alone es6 over a new fallout game. Me included. Which is saying a lot. 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 10, 2018 9:18 PM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

It does definitely feel a little strange yeah, I think that we're going to learn more about it and that'll clear stuff up but I won't really understand it if we hear that it's Bethesda making a new single-player Fallout. What might work is if this was going to be their "Fallout - New Vegas" and they got Chris Avellone on board, saw what he was doing and said "Holy fucking shit guys, let's pour all our money into this so we become the greatest company ever". But he's working on Dying Light 2 (which I am now infinitely pumped for rather than just mostly pumped) so that's unlikely...

But yeah, other then that multiplayer or co-op or something would be the driving force that sets it apart from Fallout 4...Or, the more I think about it the weirder Fallout 4 was, I mean, don't get me wrong I prefer the gameplay but when you look at the actual RPG elements of the game and you compare them to 3...it's just strange what they did with the game, and honestly if it turns out that it was a test-run for Fallout 76 a lot of stuff would make sense. The baffling decision to have the shitty conversation wheel, the baffling storyline, the lack of character in the world, all of it would just be a lot clearer for me.

Don't know, but Fallout 4 always felt...emptier to me, like there's less memorable moments for me despite playing it more than 3 and NV put together by this point (which means around 100 hours). So that's my second thought, that they released Fallout 4 to pilot test some new shit and keep people interested in Fallout, but 76 is their main selling point. 

Exactly. It is my hope that Fallout 76 will be Bethesda's "apology letter" to the more demanding Fallout fans. It's no secret that I was completely let down by Fallout 4, for reasons that are shared by many and are by now common knowledge.

As for the nature of Fallout 76, I think this is still Fallout 4's New Vegas. It is my understanding that the bulk of the work is being made by one of BGS' new studios, or that at least that new studio is lending a great deal of help to them, thus allowing the main team to work on Starfield.

As for Avellone, he is a freelance writer, and I don't think that the fact that he's working on one game would stop him from working on another. If they did bring Avellone to this, it would be like a sign to those more demanding (or more annoying) fans that Fallout 76 will be a "true" Fallout and will be more of an RPG than Fallout 4 was.

This post was edited by Mr. at June 10, 2018 9:19 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 9:28 PM EDT

Exactly. It is my hope that Fallout 76 will be Bethesda's "apology letter" to the more demanding Fallout fans. It's no secret that I was completely let down by Fallout 4, for reasons that are shared by many and are by now common knowledge.

As for the nature of Fallout 76, I think this is still Fallout 4's New Vegas. It is my understanding that the bulk of the work is being made by one of BGS' new studios, or that at least that new studio is lending a great deal of help to them, thus allowing the main team to work on Starfield.

As for Avellone, he is a freelance writer, and I don't think that the fact that he's working on one game would stop him from working on another. If they did bring Avellone to this, it would be like a sign to those more demanding (or more annoying) fans that Fallout 76 will be a "true" Fallout and will be more of an RPG than Fallout 4 was.

I'm trying to think of anything to say exept 'yep; but I really can't so I just agree with everything you've said :P

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 9:53 PM EDT

Rage 2 stuff has been added.

Elder Scrolls: Legends will be available on PS4, Xbone and Switch, which is kinda cool?

• 248 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:35 PM EDT

Fallout 76 - Online solo with MMO opportunity. Faction / friends / coop optional. 

Actually will be great for our community I think.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:37 PM EDT

I didn't understand something. He said it is entirely online but that you can play it solo, so my understanding is that you can PLAY by yourself, but you'll still have other players running around, correct?

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:40 PM EDT

That's essentially what I think it is Edd, it's really bumming me out to be honest. I thought the game looked amazing but I'm not sure about the full-online thing.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:45 PM EDT

Huh. I mean, I can see the potential, but in my experience the potential is never reached in online games.