Forums » Fallout

Fallout 76 - Ghouls?

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 4:20 AM EDT

Hmm, still in the middle of the video so I don't know the details but I gotta be real I'd rather The Master just not show up, and while I can understand why he'd show up, but I'd rather there being a completely unique focus, even if it means we don't get Super Mutants. I just think the Fallout games need to stand on their own apart from the original two because the minute you bring in characters, I think people will get even shittier about how different 1/2 and 3/4 are.

• 248 posts
    June 10, 2018 9:52 AM EDT

If indeed this is WHEN we think it is taking place, all of the radiation / degeneration stuff including ghouls (or proto-ghouls), how mutated will sueprmutants be, and other creatures? All of it is going to be really interesting IMO

• 1441 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:37 AM EDT
    Oh God, imagine how strong things like Ghouls will be considering the radiation is relatively fresh
    • 1467 posts
    June 12, 2018 1:21 AM EDT

So...random, possibly crackpot theory here, but if you've seen the Todd Howard Interivew skip to around 6:20 and listen as he says. "Every human you...every character you see is another player" or something roughly along those lines, but he does specifically hesitate after saying human, and follow that up with character. I might be crazy, but to me this lends some serious thought to the idea of playing as a Ghoul, or something else that isn't human. 

I mean, he's very specific with his wording there. He could've said human, and that would've been fine, but he changed it, purposefully you know. I mean, how cool would that be? 

• 55 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:29 AM EDT

Wanted to throw an update into this thread with the most up to date news. In addition to the ghouls we all know and love to shoot there will be a new "breed" of ghouls called the "Scorched". These are essentially semi-feral ghouls that still retain their ability to use guns and other weapons. We see these in the gameplay from E3. For those of you who have played New Vegas, these scorced as essentially like the Marked Men from the Lonesome Road DLC.