Forums » General Gaming

POLL What do you think is coming at E3?

• 773 posts
    May 30, 2018 3:39 AM EDT

I'm pulling the trigger a little early on the poll this month, as the hype train is running and I want us to jump on board!

What do you think will happen in the Bethesda E3 showcase on June 10th?

Yes, its THAT time of the year again - the time when Todd Howard and Pete Hines quot with the evasion and actually tell us something. Or will they? After last years bore fest of an E3 showcase, perhaps we are in for a massive letdown? Or are we super-pumped for massive reveals? It certainly seems to be shaping up that way...

The poll has the major options that most people seem to be expecting. Remember you can vote for more than one option. Or, if you think there'll be something totally left field, you can add that in comments

As always I look forward to your voting and commenting on this poll which - obviously - will only run until June 10th

• 33 posts
    May 30, 2018 11:35 PM EDT

Well it's gonna be all about that good 76, which means that either people are going to wet their undergarnments and throw them at lord Todd Howard, if it is New Vegas 2, or, as I think will actually happen, they will reveal it to be Fallout Online and people will throw Chris Avellone-signed functioning mininukes at them.

• 1467 posts
    May 30, 2018 11:57 PM EDT

You know...with the teaser trailer for Fallout 76 launching last night (or this morning or whatever), I think we've got a good chance of something truly massive being revealed at E3. I mean, they might focus purely on Fallout 76 but I think if they were doing that for E3 this would've happened June 9th or 8th so they could do that stupid build-up and then release the news at E3. So...yeah I don't know, I think it depends on what F76 actually is. 

So could be anything, but I assmue that I'll be slightly dissapointed no matter what. I like the idea of a new Fallout Game and everything, but yeah, if it's not TES 6 I'm probably bored. 

• 277 posts
    May 31, 2018 2:28 AM EDT

Bring on Starfield! I need a new open zone single player space rpg. I loved Mass Effect Andromeda, but Bethesda can do so much more!!!!! I'd love to be able to play as different alien species but that's just wishful thinking at this so early point. I'm not setting any expectations other than it being set in open space. And I am pretty hyped about Fallout 76. I genuinely hope it's an optionally co-op game and not a full fledged mmo. 

This post was edited by Noodles at May 31, 2018 2:32 AM EDT
    • 67 posts
    May 31, 2018 3:34 AM EDT

Noodles said:

Bring on Starfield! I need a new open zone single player space rpg. I loved Mass Effect Andromeda, but Bethesda can do so much more!!!!! I'd love to be able to play as different alien species but that's just wishful thinking at this so early point. I'm not setting any expectations other than it being set in open space. And I am pretty hyped about Fallout 76. I genuinely hope it's an optionally co-op game and not a full fledged mmo. 

Yea I'm totally with ya Noodles. Loved ME:A (maybe in the minority there lol) I'd be so hyped if they anounced a space age RPG. It'd be cool to see Beths perspective on it. I've only really played Mass Effect, Halo and Star Wars space games. It'd be cool to see what a new player can bring to the table.

As for Fallout 76, looking forward to it, intrigued to see how they handle it though since it's only 25 years after the great war. There's not going to be much in the way of factions like the B.O.S, or even the Super Mutants. And there certainly won't be any or very little in the way of established settlements like your Rivet Cities and Good Neighbors etc.

I don't think I'd like the idea of it being an MMO, I mean seing a whole lot of people running around in a post apocalyptic waste land seems kinda weird, cause there really shouldn't be that many people alive, especially that soon after the Great War.

• 277 posts
    May 31, 2018 3:55 AM EDT

Furrion 17 said:

Noodles said:

Yea I'm totally with ya Noodles. Loved ME:A (maybe in the minority there lol) I'd be so hyped if they anounced a space age RPG. It'd be cool to see Beths perspective on it. I've only really played Mass Effect, Halo and Star Wars space games. It'd be cool to see what a new player can bring to the table.

As for Fallout 76, looking forward to it, intrigued to see how they handle it though since it's only 25 years after the great war. There's not going to be much in the way of factions like the B.O.S, or even the Super Mutants. And there certainly won't be any or very little in the way of established settlements like your Rivet Cities and Good Neighbors etc.

I don't think I'd like the idea of it being an MMO, I mean seing a whole lot of people running around in a post apocalyptic waste land seems kinda weird, cause there really shouldn't be that many people alive, especially that soon after the Great War.

Many people keep complaining about ME:A being too politically correct or too SJW-y. But after finishing a 97% complete playthrough of the game, I found out about that one trans character on Eos from a comment on IGN. I honestly have no idea what people were / still are complaining about and I'm deeply saddened that for now Bioware / EA pulled the plug on a sequel. So that's why I'm now setting my sights on Starfield!

I'm guessing they'll be coming up with plenty new lore for 76. I don't know much about the chronology of the game so I might be wrong when I'm saying that we might get to see the emergence of the Brotherhood of Steel and the Institute.

• 67 posts
    May 31, 2018 4:49 AM EDT

Noodles said:

Furrion 17 said:

Noodles said:

Many people keep complaining about ME:A being too politically correct or too SJW-y. But after finishing a 97% complete playthrough of the game, I found out about that one trans character on Eos from a comment on IGN. I honestly have no idea what people were / still are complaining about and I'm deeply saddened that for now Bioware / EA pulled the plug on a sequel. So that's why I'm now setting my sights on Starfield!

I'm guessing they'll be coming up with plenty new lore for 76. I don't know much about the chronology of the game so I might be wrong when I'm saying that we might get to see the emergence of the Brotherhood of Steel and the Institute.

Haha yea ikr, I did that quest for that character and while I was talking to her I didn't even pick up on the fact that she was supposed to be transgendered. Hell I think people blew it waaay out of propoertion. Sure the game wasn't perfect on launch but what game is? And don't say The Witcher 3 (as much as I love that game I have not so fond memories of Roach Runniing upside down and half stuck in the road) lol. Hmm I think I might post my "Biotic God" build (Heh always makes think of that doped out volus from ME2), so much purple so much explosions and so much fun. (I'm a bit biased toward biotics lol) But if bethesda can come up with some awesome space magic for Starfield that would be so cool!!!

• 104 posts
    June 3, 2018 10:40 AM EDT

I hope the rumours and stories about FO4 live are untrue but time will ultimately tell I mean how would VATS work on a live connection?.  I certainly hope we do not have any more Skyrim shoved at us in any shape or form.  Another open world RPG would just be great. 

• 104 posts
    June 3, 2018 10:49 AM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

You know...with the teaser trailer for Fallout 76 launching last night (or this morning or whatever), I think we've got a good chance of something truly massive being revealed at E3. I mean, they might focus purely on Fallout 76 but I think if they were doing that for E3 this would've happened June 9th or 8th so they could do that stupid build-up and then release the news at E3. So...yeah I don't know, I think it depends on what F76 actually is. 

So could be anything, but I assume that I'll be slightly disappointed no matter what. I like the idea of a new Fallout Game and everything, but yeah, if it's not TES 6 I'm probably bored. 

Could not agree more DB its time now for ES6 although I think we will be seriously disappointed I'm with you on this one, all aboard the hype train mate

• 1467 posts
    June 7, 2018 12:20 AM EDT

So I've been thinking more about this...

Fallout 76 = Confirmed to be expanded upon at E3

Rage 2 = Confirmed to be expanded upon at E3

I believe they're releasing more TES Legends content (Blergh), a Prey DLC is almost as confirmed as Rage2 was by Walmart Canada (just...without a leak) so I'm starting to think that this is all that will happen. Maybe some ESO patch notes or something, not sure about how they handle ESO at E3 outside of massive expansions (and Summerset is out so, yeah).

Basically, I think they're going to try to blow us all away with Fallout 76, expanding on the gameplay is sort of crucial for them at this point IMO so I could easily see them going into an in-depth discussion of it. At most I expect them to reveal another Mobile Game, something along the lines of Doom (something that, yeah is cool but most people don't care too much about) and maybe, maybe tease an ESO Expansion for later in the year. Or a new class? I could see that being a thing.

But I think Fallout 5, Elder Scrolls 6 or Starfield might be a stretch if they effectively have two large games that they'll be working on for the year. 

• 1595 posts
    June 10, 2018 4:01 AM EDT
    I don't think we're going to see much ESO news, although they may make a few announcements about the next dlc and dungeon. Iirc their business model is Q1: Dungeon, Q2: Chapter, Q3: Dungeon, Q4: dlc (like a small chapter). So that could be interesting, especially as it might shed some light on the new story-arch. Summerset sort of marks, or is supposed to mark, the end of the story which started with Morrowind, and hinted at in Orsinium.

Other than that, I'm really keen to hear of anything to do with Starfield. A new IP, especially one with the potential it could have, is very exciting.
    This post was edited by Paws at June 10, 2018 4:02 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 4:11 AM EDT

I don't think we're going to see much ESO news, although they may make a few announcements about the next dlc and dungeon. Iirc their business model is Q1: Dungeon, Q2: Chapter, Q3: Dungeon, Q4: dlc (like a small chapter). So that could be interesting, especially as it might shed some light on the new story-arch. Summerset sort of marks, or is supposed to mark, the end of the story which started with Morrowind, and hinted at in Orsinium.

Other than that, I'm really keen to hear of anything to do with Starfield. A new IP, especially one with the potential it could have, is very exciting. 

So where is Summerset in that process? I assume it's a DLC item, because I never heard of it being quite as large as say...Morrowind but I really haven't been keeping up because I hate dissapointing myself (I'd try and get back into ESO and my internet would choke slam me for trying :P). But yeah, I would imagine that ESO is going to be...not quiet but if they've got Rage 2, Fallout 76 and apparently a third game that hasn't been teased (saw a video discussing this) then I can't see them dedicating much time to ESO, Legends or FShelter.

I think Starfield could be pretty awesome, been getting more and more hyped about the idea as the year goes on honestly.

• 67 posts
    June 10, 2018 4:26 AM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

So where is Summerset in that process? I assume it's a DLC item, because I never heard of it being quite as large as say...Morrowind but I really haven't been keeping up because I hate dissapointing myself (I'd try and get back into ESO and my internet would choke slam me for trying :P). But yeah, I would imagine that ESO is going to be...not quiet but if they've got Rage 2, Fallout 76 and apparently a third game that hasn't been teased (saw a video discussing this) then I can't see them dedicating much time to ESO, Legends or FShelter.

I think Starfield could be pretty awesome, been getting more and more hyped about the idea as the year goes on honestly.

I really would like a remaster of Fallout 3 it is the 10 year anniversary this year I think. But that'll probably not happen wouldn't make sense from marketing perspective to release two Fallout titles in the same year.

They might be doing somthing with a Doom Sequel maybe or Wolfenstein? Maybe not though cause id is the one that developed those and they've been doing Rage 2. Geuss we'll find out tomorrow, I really hope BGS does a Starfield release thatd be so cool. They've been teasing it enough very subtly lol.

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2018 4:28 AM EDT

I really would like a remaster of Fallout 3 it is the 10 year anniversary this year I think. But that'll probably not happen wouldn't make sense from marketing perspective to release two Fallout titles in the same year.

They might be doing somthing with a Doom Sequel maybe or Wolfenstein? Maybe not though cause id is the one that developed those and they've been doing Rage 2. Geuss we'll find out tomorrow, I really hope BGS does a Starfield release thatd be so cool. They've been teasing it enough very subtly lol.

See, I'm not sure about the remaster, just because...well Skyrim barely got a remaster and there's a lot less they had to do for that. I don't think many people would except anything less than Fallout 4's engine for F3-Remastered. And that feels like it'd be damn tough, not sure it's just a tough looking idea there. I'd like it for sure, especially if it means I could play Fallout 3 on PS4 with mods, but I think Doom 2 would be more likely or Starfield which I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly hoping for.

• 295 posts
    June 10, 2018 7:02 AM EDT

My fiance? Space, space, space space. He's pumped about the prospect of Starfield. He's also intrigued by Fallout 76 if it turns out to be a survial type game. He'd totally play with a Tamriel Vault group if it turns out to be similar in style to Rust. 

Me? I'm not sure. I know, nobody shoot me. The problem is that I don't usually buy games when they come out so annoucnements, while fun, really don't effect me until probably a year or so later. I will catch probably a video of the conference out of curiosity. Rage 2 and Fallout 76 will definitely get annoucnements and/or deeper explanations, because their trailers are already out. I've played a bit of the first Rage, it's a neat game, but its stuck in my dead PC now, so I can't play it. Those will be the two big ones, then probably dlc or dungeon announcements for either ESO or Doom, like others have said. 

Remasters are entirely a possibility with probably New Vegas or Fallout 3 getting the top priority based on interest. I'd love a remaster of Morrowind or Oblivion so I can enjoy all the games on my PS4, but lol, that would be wishful thinking. Those now are niche audiences at best and the studio needs to make money.

Howard made it very clear, they don't have the technology for ES6 yet, so I'm not holding my breath. My guess is that they're working on a new engine or a way to make VR a more viable and accessible experience. Skyrim and Fallout VR are successes. If I had to make a prediction, especially seeing that they are literally experimenting with how many platforms they can slap Skyrim in, either as a delay tactic or a experiment, that ES6 will be a type of game where they will explore the possibility of multiple platform compatibility or they will go full VR. As for setting? Who knows, but I don't think we'll get any news about ES6 except that it's a long way off. I personally don't mind. I loved Skyriim, I want a good game, they can take their time.  

• 773 posts
    June 10, 2018 8:54 AM EDT

I realised I didn't make any predictions myself..doh!

I think we will get...

FALLOUT 76 I think we will see gameplay, find out much more about the type of game and Todd Howard will address concerns about single-player / multi-player (I don't think he has any option but to address that, after the outcry across the internet). We will also get the release date. Likelihood = 100%

FALLOUT 76 MOBILE not many people have suggested this, but I think we will get a mobile game that plays into FO76, in the same way we got Fallout Shelter last time. I know that Bethesda felt that Fallout Shelter was a big success, and since we know they have advertised for staff to work on those types of mobile games over the past months, then I expect this. Likelihood = 80%

STARFIELD I think we will get confirmation that it exists and see a cinematic trailer. I expect few details, and they'll come back to this at the next E3 with gameplay footage and release date. Likelihood = 60%

RAGE 2 We already know this is going to be featured. Likelihood = 100%

ESO They'll recap Summerset briefly and tease the next story content for Q4 Likelihood = 90%

ES LEGENDS Some sort of new DLC addon Likelihood = 90%

FALLOUT REMASTER I just don't see how this fits into the scheme of things. But I'd be delighted to be wrong. Likelihood = 20%

ELDER SCROLLS I think there is a slight chance that right at the end, Tood might pull a Steve Jobs-like 'And one more thing...', with a three second video that says something like 'Elder Scrolls VI is coming' Likelihood = 10%

With Prey 2, possibly Doom 2 and who knows what else, it is going to be PACKED half hour or so - I'm actually toying with setting my alarm and watching it live (it will be at 2.30 am our time!) lol

• 14 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:56 PM EDT

It's about time! ES6 Announced at last!