Forums » Fallout

New Fallout?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 29, 2018 12:27 PM EDT

So.

#PleaseStandBy pic.twitter.com/5IUjkURCcM

— Bethesda Game Studios (@BethesdaStudios) 29 de maio de 2018

Oh my, please give me a real Fallout... And please have Chris Avellone on it.

• 136 posts
    May 29, 2018 12:33 PM EDT

I bet it's a Fallout 3 remaster announcement. Obsidian left this Tweet earlier today:

How do you let someone down easily?

Asking for a friend.#ItsNotUs

— Obsidian #Deadfire (@Obsidian) May 29, 2018

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 29, 2018 12:37 PM EDT

Could be. I would be happy with it, Fallout 3 is plagued with bugs on PC, so I can only play it on console. But in any event, I didn't expect it to be Obsidian anyway - I think there are two, three teams there: Josh Sawyer's team working on Pillars of Eternity 2, there may be a second one working on Tyranny and there's also Tim Caine and Leonard Boyarsky's team that's working on an unknown title to be published by Take Two.

It could be another studio, and since Avellone has already done some work for Bethesda in Prey, well, a man can dream...

• 136 posts
    May 29, 2018 12:38 PM EDT

Not sure if you know, but:

Watch live video from Bethesda on www.twitch.tv

• 136 posts
    May 29, 2018 12:45 PM EDT

The color "stand by" image is interesting. It could be FO5. That will make the TES fans blow a gasket. 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 29, 2018 12:52 PM EDT

Huh. Didn't know about that. Yes, the color looks different than anything we've seen before, which gives me hope for a new title in a new region (or, since it looks "bright" and "new", it could indicate a remaster), but I don't think it's Fallout 5. The "main" Fallout titles have been done, up until now, by BGS, and I think they are working on Star...something. I forgot the name.

This post was edited by Mr. at May 29, 2018 12:52 PM EDT
    • 136 posts
    May 29, 2018 12:55 PM EDT

I tend to agree with you. Plus, it would not be fair to TES fans (especially those who do not like ESO) to have FO5 jump the order and be released before TES6. 

I bet we get an actual trailer tomorrow.

This post was edited by The_Lex at May 29, 2018 12:56 PM EDT
    • 248 posts
    May 29, 2018 12:56 PM EDT

holy crap

• 248 posts
    May 29, 2018 12:57 PM EDT

In the meantime - please enjoy:

• 277 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:00 PM EDT

Well, hello there!

• 1441 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:04 PM EDT
    I've heard rumors of an FO3 remaster. Can't wait to play a stable, and hopefully moddable version of my first Fallout game
    • 248 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:08 PM EDT

But yeah - given Obsidian suggesting "It's not Us" - NV remaster is out. 

That leaves some FO3 stuff or maybe new paltform stuff. 

Extremly unlikely anything FO5 or new game spinoff related. The ES folks would revolt. 

This is Bethesda recycling program still u pand running.

• 743 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:14 PM EDT

So, if FO3 gets remastered, Bethesda surely knows that is going to oblige them into making an Oblivion or Morrowind remaster. All I want to know is; who the hell asked for this? lol

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:15 PM EDT

I think the ES fans wouldn't be happy if it was a new game made by BGS, but a game made by some other studio, they would be okay with it. It happened with New Vegas - it launched a year or so before Skyrim. If it's a new game, it's possible that it will be released either this year or the next, depending on when BGS decides to release their Star game.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:17 PM EDT

Rogue said:

So, if FO3 gets remastered, Bethesda surely knows that is going to oblige them into making an Oblivion or Morrowind remaster. All I want to know is; who the hell asked for this? lol

I don't know. I think this year is Fallout 3's 10 years anniversary, and it being their first Fallout game, it's kind of special. Oblivion's ten years anniversary was two years ago, I think? I don't know...

• 136 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:19 PM EDT

Rogue said:

All I want to know is; who the hell asked for this? lol

That's what fans asked about ESO. Yet, Beth green-lit that project for ZOS. There honestly hasn't been much logic with Beth decisions lately.

• 136 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:20 PM EDT

Wise words from GopherGaming:

OK, so BGS are teasing something Fallout? OK, step 1) Don't get hopes up. step 2) Don't fall for hype. step 3) Stop failing at steps 1 and 2!

— Gopher (@GopherGaming) May 29, 2018
    • 743 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:22 PM EDT

Patriarch said:

Rogue said:

That's what fans asked about ESO. Yet, Beth green-lit that project for ZOS. There honestly hasn't been much logic with Beth decisions lately.

Pretty much this. I understand branching out into a new IP before releasing TES 6, but a remaster for a game that two people still play is just moronic.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:27 PM EDT

Rogue said:

Patriarch said:

Rogue said:

Pretty much this. I understand branching out into a new IP before releasing TES 6, but a remaster for a game that two people still play is just moronic.

Well, maybe it's because only two people still play it that they're releasing it again. It was a hit back then, and lots of people have fond memories of it. And it is a pretty solid game when it comes to storytelling, characters and atmosphere, much stronger, in my opinion, than Fallout 4. A remaster of it would most definitely pump it back to "stardom". Especially considering that Fallout 3, on the PC at least, is bugged as hell.

• 743 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:31 PM EDT

Mr. Edd said:

Rogue said:

Patriarch said:

Rogue said:

Well, maybe it's because only two people still play it that they're releasing it again. It was a hit back then, and lots of people have fond memories of it. And it is a pretty solid game when it comes to storytelling, characters and atmosphere, much stronger, in my opinion, than Fallout 4. A remaster of it would most definitely pump it back to "stardom". Especially considering that Fallout 3, on the PC at least, is bugged as hell.

And I can use the exact same argument for Oblivion or Morrowind. The only difference is that TES fans are getting fucked sideways if another Fallout game gets released; while we're stuck with ESO. lol

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:40 PM EDT

Rogue said:

Mr. Edd said:

Rogue said:

Patriarch said:

Rogue said:

And I can use the exact same argument for Oblivion or Morrowind. The only difference is that TES fans are getting fucked sideways if another Fallout game gets released; while we're stuck with ESO. lol

It could, but given the reasons I've given about two posts before, this argument alone isn't enough, I think. The same thing happened in 2010/2011, with New Vegas and Skyrim. People didn't riot, and when Skyrim came out, it was Beth's biggest hit.

Plus, Bethesda as a company grew a lot since then, which is why they've already made it pretty clear that we'll be getting two games before TES6, and three before Fallout 5 - remember, if it is a new Fallout, Bethesda is only publishing it, not making it.

• 248 posts
    May 29, 2018 2:01 PM EDT

Seems like the BGS twitch feed is trying to go live? 

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

• 248 posts
    May 29, 2018 2:02 PM EDT

Also - Cohh nailed it lol

• 136 posts
    May 29, 2018 2:14 PM EDT

It's pretty simple. The FO fans will justify why a FO5 before TES6 is okay, and the TES fans will argue why TES6 should come first.

Full disclosure: I am more of a TES fan than a FO fan. I think TES fans will rightly feel screwed over by Beth since there hasn't been a single-player TES game released since 2011 (7 years) as opposed to Fallout 4 which was released in 2015 (only 3 years). That means that TES fans have had to wait for more than double the time to get another TES single player game. ESO does not count...single player gamers have not (largely) been won over. Legends...does anyone except Pete Hines play that?

This post was edited by The_Lex at May 29, 2018 2:18 PM EDT
    • 248 posts
    May 29, 2018 2:21 PM EDT

I'm 100% sure it's not a stand alone new fallout game. Just look at how long they're milking Skyrim and fO4 already. it's going to be this for a while.