Forums » Fallout

First time player of FO4

• 8 posts
    May 29, 2018 9:58 AM EDT

I am late to the Xbox One party, and am going to be making my first play through Fall Out 4.  I started playing, but was not under any type 

of structure.  I'm trying to find a good build for a first play thorugh.  I like a little stealth, but still want to be able to handle my own in a fight.

Any suggestions from the community?

• 1441 posts
    May 29, 2018 10:03 AM EDT
    Try my Synthetic Infiltrator https://tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/14/topic_id/9884
    • 8 posts
    May 29, 2018 10:54 AM EDT

This build looks quite interesting.  I would try it first without the MODS though they do seem to work well with the build.

Thanks for getting back, I was hoping FO4 was still alive enough to get feedback from the community here.

• 1441 posts
    May 29, 2018 10:55 AM EDT
    It's still going, and don't worry, the mods are simply optional
    • 8 posts
    May 29, 2018 10:58 AM EDT

I do like the Major outfit MOD for this build. Nice touch.

• 1441 posts
    May 29, 2018 11:02 AM EDT
    Thanks, and why, may I ask, do you all caps mods?
    • 8 posts
    May 29, 2018 11:06 AM EDT

Habit.....Where I work we use a lot of acronyms.  MOD is one.  Sorry about that.

• 1441 posts
    May 29, 2018 11:07 AM EDT
    No prob, I was just curious
    • 277 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:04 PM EDT

What are your preferences in terms of gameplay? Do you like stealth? Do you like charging into enemy gunfire like a tank? Do you like melee combat? What do you like to roleplay, raiders, soldiers, synths? Knowing your preferences will help us narrow down a build for you.

• 8 posts
    May 29, 2018 1:49 PM EDT

I am a fan of stealth, but I do like to have some durability just in case.  Stealth with long range shooting in mind would

do it.  As far as roleplaying, I like to experience different things.  I wouldn't dismiss a build just because it might be out

of the norm for me. I do lean towards the stealthy magic user when I play Skyrim though.  Maybe a bit of a scoundrel.

Always been a fan of the Han Solo type. Scoundrel with that sence of justice that keeps getting in the way.  Hope this helps.

-

Also, gender doesn't matter.

• 248 posts
    May 29, 2018 9:00 PM EDT

Ocelott said:

I am a fan of stealth, but I do like to have some durability just in case.  Stealth with long range shooting in mind would

do it.  As far as roleplaying, I like to experience different things.  I wouldn't dismiss a build just because it might be out

of the norm for me. I do lean towards the stealthy magic user when I play Skyrim though.  Maybe a bit of a scoundrel.

Always been a fan of the Han Solo type. Scoundrel with that sence of justice that keeps getting in the way.  Hope this helps.

-

Check out the Vagabond by Maddmannatee

and you'll get more build recommendations by using the discussion tab for those requests...right here: https://tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/14/topic_id/8308

Fallout is definitely alive! We're currently running a character builds event, there's archives with over 100+ FO4 builds categorized and have lots of good discussions all over. Welcome!

• 277 posts
    May 31, 2018 3:58 AM EDT

Ocelott said:

-

Hmm... stealth, snipers and a righteous punk attitude? You could take a look at The CyberPunk.

• 284 posts
    June 1, 2018 5:55 AM EDT

Great to meet you Ocelott! The Fallout vibe is strong here, don't worry about that. As Motty already said, we have a huge FO build archive so you can browse whenever you like. Send a message my way if you have any questions.

• 8 posts
    June 2, 2018 8:54 AM EDT
    Thanks for all the help and recommendations. I am going to try some things very similar to these ideas. It's good to see the community active this long after a games release.