Forums » General Gaming

Greatest Hypothetical Fights

• 1467 posts
    May 22, 2018 10:35 PM EDT

Okay, so this one is pretty simple. I love the idea of putting two completely unrelated characters against each other in a fight and seeing who would win. Normally it's pretty common with famous characters, I think a pretty well known one might be Goku versus Superman, which has sort of been done to death by Screw Attack's Death Battle series, but it's still an interesting idea.

What I want to do is just chat about the most interesting fights. Not really caring about who would win (Even if my guy would 100% beat your guy :P) but just what you think would be interesting in a hypothetical fight. 

• 1441 posts
    May 22, 2018 10:37 PM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

Okay, so this one is pretty simple. I love the idea of putting two completely unrelated characters against each other in a fight and seeing who would win. Normally it's pretty common with famous characters, I think a pretty well known one might be Goku versus Superman, which has sort of been done to death by Screw Attack's Death Battle series, but it's still an interesting idea.

What I want to do is just chat about the most interesting fights. Not really caring about who would win (Even if my guy would 100% beat your guy :P) but just what you think would be interesting in a hypothetical fight. 

Oooh, interesting.

OK, let's see, Darth Sion or Darth Nihlus vs Alucard (Hellsing)

• 67 posts
    May 22, 2018 10:42 PM EDT

Hmm commander Shepard (Vanguard) Vs Master Chief now that would be Intersting.

Or the Inquisitor VS The DB,

Those would be my two Choices :)

P.S Goku would totally Wreck Super man :P

• 1467 posts
    May 22, 2018 11:40 PM EDT

Hmm, the second fight of yours is tricker for me there Furrion. Does DA:I have a 'canon' character, or something your supposed to play as in the same way that a Male Mage Hawke is the 'official' Dragon Age 2 character and a few other games like that. 

So, personally I believe the Dragonborn is the stronger of the two. Just if we use a 'canon' character for the game which at the very least uses Shouts, and they're incredibly powerful. Honestly I think that's sort of everything, the Dragonborn is stronger than the Inquisitor, but I think I would win simply because of the skill and sheer diversity in Dragon Age's skill system compared to Skyrim's. 

I mean, there are a lot of interesting defensive/support skills in DA:I that just don't really compare to Skyrim's...more offensive minded spells. Even if your looking at the combat skills, wel any archetype gets more unique abilities that would be difficult for the DB to counter. But then again, a single proper strike with an Unrelenting Force or a Storm Call going off would really help the DB kill an enemy. Not sure, it's a tough fight that one. 

• 67 posts
    May 23, 2018 12:17 AM EDT
    Not sure what the cannon DAI character is but I'd go for male human warrior, since they used him for most of thier advertising.
    I have three Cannon charcters for me though (one for each class). Though for this I'll use my Fem Levellan Rift Mage. It is a tricky match up, and I'm not sure I could pick a winner. Inquisitor has that Mark of the Rift ability which basically nukes everything, Paired with Pull of the Abyss and Static Cage it can do some serious dps. Then you got Aegis of the Rift which deflects any incoming projectiles and reflects damage back at target. So I'm gonna say DB could win if he got the drop on the Inquisitor like really quick, but if it was a drawn out fight quizzy would win Imo.

Damn maybe I should post my Rift mage build it's like super fun. Yea I think I'll do that at some point ☺
    • 321 posts
    May 23, 2018 12:52 AM EDT
    Doomguy VS Pelinal. Though to be honest, they're better off at killing demons and elves rather than each other, all while screaming "Rip and Tear!!" :P

My other idea would be Artorias of the Abyss VS Saber Alter. A battle between two knights succumbed to darkness.
    • 275 posts
    May 23, 2018 1:05 AM EDT

Oooooh, a VS thread, love these. I've got soooooo many that I play in my head occasionally, some of these consist of the following:

The Fateless One (Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning) vs The Dragonborn (Skyrim)

Corvo Attano (Dishonored) vs Pre-Ring Talion (Middle Earth: Shadow Of War)

Infiltrator Commander Shepard (Mass Effect) vs Adam Jensen (Deus Ex)

Guardian (Destiny) vs Spartan (Halo)

Vulcan (Bound By Flame) vs The Arisen (Dragon's Dogma)

Kratos (God Of War) vs Dante (Devil May Cry)

Of the list above, I'd have to say the winners would be The Fateless One (sorry DB, but he fucking stomps you), Talion, Adam Jensen, Guardian, Vulcan, and Dante.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at May 23, 2018 1:09 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    May 23, 2018 1:54 AM EDT

Doomguy VS Pelinal. Though to be honest, they're better off at killing demons and elves rather than each other, all while screaming "Rip and Tear!!" :P

My other idea would be Artorias of the Abyss VS Saber Alter. A battle between two knights succumbed to darkness.

Well...obviously Doomguy just absolutely destroy Pelinal, sheerly because you know...guns beat swords most of the time and I don't think Pelinal is fast enough to outrace bullets :P Plus Doomguy can have some pretty insane explosives/AoE, dunno I've only played the newest Doom (PS4) so, I have a feeling that he'd decimate Pelinal.

Saber Alter... Haven't fought Artorias, but Saber Alter wins :P Okay I just researched this Artorias fella, and yeah Alter absolutely destroys him purely because of her Mana Burst enhanced speed. And you know...super beams of death from Excalibur Morgan :P On top of that, I would be remiss to forget to mention that Alter can regenerate a hell of a lot. Yeah, she wins and I'm not biased at all :P

• 1467 posts
    May 23, 2018 2:00 AM EDT

Alright I'm going to quick-fire this one Ebonslayer :P

Oooooh, a VS thread, love these. I've got soooooo many that I play in my head occasionally, some of these consist of the following:

The Fateless One (Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning) vs The Dragonborn (Skyrim)

Corvo Attano (Dishonored) vs Pre-Ring Talion (Middle Earth: Shadow Of War)

Infiltrator Commander Shepard (Mass Effect) vs Adam Jensen (Deus Ex)

Guardian (Destiny) vs Spartan (Halo)

Vulcan (Bound By Flame) vs The Arisen (Dragon's Dogma)

Kratos (God Of War) vs Dante (Devil May Cry)

The Fateless One is too versatile, the Dragonborn might be powerful but a few of the late-game spells in KoA are insane, and generally I just think the abilities are better.

Corvo's powers are better but Talion is a better fighter...depends on the circumstances but if Corvo can get the drop on Talion (which is tough) he wins but if not, it's Talion all the way.

No idea, haven't played Mass Effect or enough Deus Ex :P

Guardian...uh this isn't a contest to me, even if we went with a Guardian that can technically die because they don't have the light, I still think they've got better abilities and more unique equipment than a Spartan.

The Arisen? This one's tough, I'm kind of in the middle but I think an Arisen can get fire resistance and sort of ignore some of Vulcan's powers.

It depends. I think Kratos (2018) is more tactical, and a bit better at fighting even if he's less mindlessly destructive. I still think Kratos would win though. But I'm possibly biased here, played more GoW than DMC. 

• 1467 posts
    May 23, 2018 2:08 AM EDT

Not sure what the cannon DAI character is but I'd go for male human warrior, since they used him for most of thier advertising.
    I have three Cannon charcters for me though (one for each class). Though for this I'll use my Fem Levellan Rift Mage. It is a tricky match up, and I'm not sure I could pick a winner. Inquisitor has that Mark of the Rift ability which basically nukes everything, Paired with Pull of the Abyss and Static Cage it can do some serious dps. Then you got Aegis of the Rift which deflects any incoming projectiles and reflects damage back at target. So I'm gonna say DB could win if he got the drop on the Inquisitor like really quick, but if it was a drawn out fight quizzy would win Imo.

Damn maybe I should post my Rift mage build it's like super fun. Yea I think I'll do that at some point ☺

Hmm, I dunno, it's tough just because there is no 'canonical' Inquisitor, or anything close to it. So it sort of just depends on what you wanted to use. If you went melee character, I think the DB wins, but mages  end with a win for the Inquisitor. Rogues are 50/50.

• 1467 posts
    May 23, 2018 2:08 AM EDT

Oh, and hell yeah you should absolutely post the Dragon Age build :D

• 275 posts
    May 23, 2018 3:27 PM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

The Fateless One is too versatile, the Dragonborn might be powerful but a few of the late-game spells in KoA are insane, and generally I just think the abilities are better.

I wasn't referring to the Fateless One's versatility. He has possibly the most powerful ability in any fiction ever created: The ability to manipulate Fate. He can basically just write you out of existence.

Dragonborn2021 said:

Corvo's powers are better but Talion is a better fighter...depends on the circumstances but if Corvo can get the drop on Talion (which is tough) he wins but if not, it's Talion all the way.

Corvo's a better ranged fighter than Talion, but Talion beats him in speed. Even if Corvo used his Stop Time ability Talion has the speed of the ancient elves and would probably just move at normal human pace under the effect, and even then he's still a far more dangerous melee combatant than Corvo.

Dragonborn2021 said:

No idea, haven't played Mass Effect or enough Deus Ex :P

Both of them are similar in that they have seemingly superhuman reflexes, can turn invisible at will, and are masters in the art of weaponry but Adam's got super strength and speed and will likely just punch Shep through a wall.

Dragonborn2021 said:

Guardian...uh this isn't a contest to me, even if we went with a Guardian that can technically die because they don't have the light, I still think they've got better abilities and more unique equipment than a Spartan.

A Spartan is much better equipped than a Guardian, I think. The Mjolnir armor is far more powerful than anything a Guardian wears, but Guardians have their abilities which makes them far more dangerous combatants, Mjolnir armor won't do shit against a Golden Gun or Fist Of Havoc.

Dragonborn2021 said:

The Arisen? This one's tough, I'm kind of in the middle but I think an Arisen can get fire resistance and sort of ignore some of Vulcan's powers.

This was possibly the closest one for me. I went with Vulcan because for the most part he's a solo combatant and extremely well trained, moreso than the Arisen who learned tricks of the trade of martial and magical combat over a long period of time and mostly travelled with pawns. Sure, you can point out that the Arisen has taken down things far more powerful than anything Vulcan has defeated, but again I point to the pawns, strength in numbers sorta thing. If the Arisen went against Vulcan full party, Vulcan would die 9/10 unless he had some prep and could place a million traps around the place and hunker down, but solo Arisen vs Vulcan? Arisen wouldn't stand a chance unless he was a Sorc.

Dragonborn2021 said:

It depends. I think Kratos (2018) is more tactical, and a bit better at fighting even if he's less mindlessly destructive. I still think Kratos would win though. But I'm possibly biased here, played more GoW than DMC. 

I'm mostly referring to the old God Of War games where he's still fucking up Olympus, I haven't played GOW 4 but from what I've seen Kratos seems weaker from his old age anyway. The reason I give it to Dante is because he's so much faster. Kratos may have brute strength on his side, but you can't pulverize what you can't hit, and Dante isn't the same coward or weakling Hermes is, either.

• 1467 posts
    May 23, 2018 7:52 PM EDT

I wasn't referring to the Fateless One's versatility. He has possibly the most powerful ability in any fiction ever created: The ability to manipulate Fate. He can basically just write you out of existence.

Okay, so, yeah if he kills you. The Fateless One isn't completely overpowered, he isn't impossible to beat, just very, very, very, very difficult. 

Corvo's a better ranged fighter than Talion, but Talion beats him in speed. Even if Corvo used his Stop Time ability Talion has the speed of the ancient elves and would probably just move at normal human pace under the effect, and even then he's still a far more dangerous melee combatant than Corvo.

Hmmm, even that I'm not sure about. I mean yes of course Talion is faster and more agile but I'm not entirely sure if he's a worse ranged fighter than Corvo. He does have an extensive history with ranged weaponry that I think possibly beats out Corvo's. I think it's just a case that Corvo is entirely an Assassin, that's what he's trained to do, and what he's good at. You get him into open combat and he's fucked.

So yeah, I still think that Corvo only wins from stealth while Talion wins if it gets into open combat, but Corvo still has a possibility to win.

I'm mostly referring to the old God Of War games where he's still fucking up Olympus, I haven't played GOW 4 but from what I've seen Kratos seems weaker from his old age anyway. The reason I give it to Dante is because he's so much faster. Kratos may have brute strength on his side, but you can't pulverize what you can't hit, and Dante isn't the same coward or weakling Hermes is, either.

Eh, Krotos doesn't need speed. I think he's just enough of a tank that he could easily take hits from just about anyone. I'd probably have to play more Devil May Cry to get a proper idea though, I've played some of it, but not enough. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at May 23, 2018 7:55 PM EDT
    • 67 posts
    May 23, 2018 8:25 PM EDT
    What about Alduin Vs the Numidium.
    Mehrunes Dagon VS Alduin?
    One more War from Darksiders VS Kratos
    • 275 posts
    May 23, 2018 10:02 PM EDT

Dragonborn2021 said:

Okay, so, yeah if he kills you. The Fateless One isn't completely overpowered, he isn't impossible to beat, just very, very, very, very difficult.

Nah, that's the whole idea behind the Fateshift. When in Fateshift mode, the Fateless One has complete control over the threads of Fate, and can pull these threads at his pleasure, and his opponent's displeasure if it suits him so. He doesn't need to kill you to have access to your very existence, despite what the gameplay seems to suggest since he can Fateshift bosses without killing them as well.

Dragonborn2021 said:

Hmmm, even that I'm not sure about. I mean yes of course Talion is faster and more agile but I'm not entirely sure if he's a worse ranged fighter than Corvo. He does have an extensive history with ranged weaponry that I think possibly beats out Corvo's. I think it's just a case that Corvo is entirely an Assassin, that's what he's trained to do, and what he's good at. You get him into open combat and he's fucked.

So yeah, I still think that Corvo only wins from stealth while Talion wins if it gets into open combat, but Corvo still has a possibility to win.

Corvo was never actually trained as an assassin, he just happens to be really good at stealth. He was actually the Lord Protector of the current Empress of Dunwall, given to Dunwall by his homeland of Karnaca in a bargain after he won a melee tournament. He is more of a warrior than assassin, it is said that before he got his powers that he managed to take down 10 trained guards singlehandedly.

The reason I say Corvo is a better ranged combatant is because of his powers and equipment. He carries grenades, a crossbow with 3 different kinds of bolts, a pistol that's more like a long range shotgun than an actual pistol, and powers like Windblast. These make him a far more dangerous ranged fighter than Talion, who prior to having merged with Celebrimbor has possibly never handled a bow in his life and his skill with a bow comes from the Wraith instead of himself, and even so if he tried to have a ranged fight with Corvo he'd get slaughtered since Corvo does have the ability to at least slow him down and his armaments are far superior to Azkar. However, the combined sword skill of Talion and Celebrimbor would easy overpower Corvo if they got into melee, despite Corvo being the most dangerous swordsman of not one, but two kingdoms.

Dragonborn2021 said:

Eh, Krotos doesn't need speed. I think he's just enough of a tank that he could easily take hits from just about anyone. I'd probably have to play more Devil May Cry to get a proper idea though, I've played some of it, but not enough. 

Dante is very, very fast. Most estimates I've seen seem to put his max speed (or at least the most he's shown, Dante always plays for looks and you can't look good if your opponent can't see you) at least at Mach 8. Some of his speed feats include running down a tower, shooting a bullet and outrunning it, swinging his sword so fast that it nearly caught on fire (it didn't have any flame powers like Kratos's chain blades, I actually think it was mostly a normal sword), shattering the glass on a ceiling and cutting nearly every shard before they hit the ground, creating a sword momentum umbrella in one of his battles with his brother Vergil (with his help, of course), and this shit.

If Kratos got his hands on Dante, Kratos would destroy him, but I highly doubt he could catch what could pass off as a Dragon Ball Z character.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at May 23, 2018 10:07 PM EDT
    • 1441 posts
    May 24, 2018 3:17 AM EDT

I got one, the canon Darth Revan, vs Hawke, with their full parties

• 1467 posts
    May 24, 2018 7:42 AM EDT

What about Alduin Vs the Numidium.
    Mehrunes Dagon VS Alduin? 
    One more War from Darksiders VS Kratos

Shit that first one is hard. Because in-game, Alduin is of course a total push-over but he's theoretically a 'World-Destroyer' level character, especially once he absorbs souls from Sovengarde. Numidium is of course insanely strong, and I'd say the in-game feats related to Numidium are more impressive than Alduin's in-game feats, so I'd probably have to say Numidium. But I'm not enough of a lore-buff to argue that one.

Dagon? I think that killing him is either impossible or close enough that he'd be able to defeat Alduin. I don't know...Are Daedric Princes more powerful in their Planes (so the Deadlands for Dagon if I remember my Lore...which I might not) from what I can tell from in-game events they have less power in Mundus which is why they operate through Champions, but I could be wrong...But yeah, I think Dagon wins because he's just so much more powerful than Alduin. Though I suppose it's a fair argument that he's been beaten by a Fragment of Akatosh already and Alduin is essentially the same thing.

I have no clue. I think they're pretty even from what I've played of Darksiders and God of War, I can't name a winner. My bias says Kratos but I'm biased :P 

• 321 posts
    May 24, 2018 7:52 AM EDT
    Dagon and Alduin actually have a long history with each other, like trans-kalpic long. There's a story about it on TIL. It's called the Seven Fights of Aldudagga or something like that (wish I could post the link but I'm on mobile). As for the fight itself, I'd say Aldy wins since he can eat the world which leads to the starting of a new kalpa which leads to some slight changes for our Daedric Princes. Like how Dagon used to be called the Leper-Demon-King in the previous kalpa before Alduin gobbled it up.
    • 321 posts
    May 24, 2018 8:01 AM EDT
    For Alduin VS Numidium... I'd have to go for Numidium. It's essentially a magic nuke capable of causing dragon-breaks. And if you believe in the OOG posts, it can cause some serious time warping disasters. You could say it's a weapon to surpass the gods (insert MGS meme). Overall, Numidium could beat Alduin just by activating.
    • 585 posts
    May 24, 2018 2:19 PM EDT

A-Pocky-Hah! said: Dagon and Alduin actually have a long history with each other, like trans-kalpic long. There's a story about it on TIL. It's called the Seven Fights of Aldudagga or something like that (wish I could post the link but I'm on mobile). As for the fight itself, I'd say Aldy wins since he can eat the world which leads to the starting of a new kalpa which leads to some slight changes for our Daedric Princes. Like how Dagon used to be called the Leper-Demon-King in the previous kalpa before Alduin gobbled it up.

Found it! Just in case anyone wanted to read it. I've got mixed feelings on Kirkbride to be honest but it seems like an interesting read :)

• 33 posts
    May 24, 2018 2:58 PM EDT

Funnily enough, I have been writing a fanfic that's basically a battle royale between all Fallout main characters. It's not done yet (I've barely introduced the Courier), but I kinda like how it's coming along. I'll post it to the Vault when it's finished.

• 275 posts
    May 25, 2018 5:16 PM EDT

Chris said:

Depends on how much prep they have and which Revan we're talking about here, but I'd have to give it to Revan either way.

If they're just dropped in front of each other, Revan is an exceptionally powerful force user and a master lightsaber duelist, which are both much more powerful than their counterparts in Dragon Age. Lightsabers are superior to any melee weapon you'd find in any of the Dragon Age games and The Force is far more powerful than an magic in Dragon Age excluding maybe blood magic which only Mage Hawke and Merril use, and only one of them has any significant power with it (sorry Merril). I give Revan a 8/10, as Hawke's party may get the win if they manage to take out the gunners quickly, which may be possible with Varrick on the team. This is assuming old KOTOR Revan.

If Revan has even an hour of prep time, there's no way Hawke's party can win under any circumstance. Revan is a tactical genious even among the most knowlegable commanders in all of Star Wars. Revan would find 200 different ways to take down all of Hawke's party, be it lethally or nonlethally, and there's nothing Hawke could do about it as Revan is just that intelligent. I give Revan 10/10. Again, assuming old KOTOR Revan.

Now, if we're assuming the (somewhat) newer Shadow Of Revan version of Revan, he doesn't even need his old party to get a 10/10 on the fight. Hell, if his old party joined Hawke's party and faced off against SOR Revan, I'd still confidently give him a 9/10. Revan is on a whole other level to anything you could think of in his SWTOR version.

• 1441 posts
    May 25, 2018 5:44 PM EDT

Ebonslayer said:

Chris said:

Depends on how much prep they have and which Revan we're talking about here, but I'd have to give it to Revan either way.

If they're just dropped in front of each other, Revan is an exceptionally powerful force user and a master lightsaber duelist, which are both much more powerful than their counterparts in Dragon Age. Lightsabers are superior to any melee weapon you'd find in any of the Dragon Age games and The Force is far more powerful than an magic in Dragon Age excluding maybe blood magic which only Mage Hawke and Merril use, and only one of them has any significant power with it (sorry Merril). I give Revan a 8/10, as Hawke's party may get the win if they manage to take out the gunners quickly, which may be possible with Varrick on the team. This is assuming old KOTOR Revan.

If Revan has even an hour of prep time, there's no way Hawke's party can win under any circumstance. Revan is a tactical genious even among the most knowlegable commanders in all of Star Wars. Revan would find 200 different ways to take down all of Hawke's party, be it lethally or nonlethally, and there's nothing Hawke could do about it as Revan is just that intelligent. I give Revan 10/10. Again, assuming old KOTOR Revan.

Now, if we're assuming the (somewhat) newer Shadow Of Revan version of Revan, he doesn't even need his old party to get a 10/10 on the fight. Hell, if his old party joined Hawke's party and faced off against SOR Revan, I'd still confidently give him a 9/10. Revan is on a whole other level to anything you could think of in his SWTOR version.

Especially with good old HK-47 backing him up

• 62 posts
    May 29, 2018 10:06 PM EDT
    The Feteless One (KAO: Reckoning) vs Raziel (Legacy of Kain). One can alter fate, however the other exists outside it completely. So which is more powerful, Fateshift or the Soul Reaver Paradox?

Btw, I think you've misinterpreted the Fateless one's ability... it's not reality altering to the extent of "making it to where you never existed" it's more like probability manipulation. The Fateless one can deny the inevitable in their own life story and, in turn, affect the destiny of others. It's a powerful ability based on the butterfly effect type domino effects it creates...but he couldn't just blink Raziel out of existence. What he could do is will himself to victory even if it was predetermined that he would lose. The problem with that being that Raziel exists outside the wheel of fate and therefore isn't on the list of people who would be domino-affected by a Fateshift. So what happens if the Fateless one changes his destiny so that he wins, but can't change Raziel's fate to make him lose? A tie or yet another paradox?
    • 1467 posts
    May 29, 2018 11:21 PM EDT

'Canon Hawke?' I know technically there isn't one but I think Male Mage Hawke might as well be canon, or at least the closest thing we have to canon. Personally I'm of the mind that if you use full parties, Revan just absolutely destroys Hawke without any issue. The only possible method for victory I see is, and it's incredily slim, is the power of a Force Mage (heh, ironic) against Revan. They don't really have a decent counter to the gravitional powers of FM Hawke, but then Master Speed might be enough to counter it and just ignore everything that Hawke can do. 

I mean, you throw Master Speed up for four jedi and I think Hawke's party just dies? Then there's Death Field, Force Storm, Insanity and Plague...yeah honestly I can't see Hawke being able to do much.

The Exile's party vs. Revans is a bit more interesting to me, I mean, Revan's stronger than the Exile but I think the Exile's party might be a little stronger purely because Kreia. Though I guess Canderous and HK-47 wouldn't fight for the Exile...so that lowers their non-jedi power a lot...But Kreia. Not sure on that one, it's tougher IMO