Forums » General Gaming

Rage 2 discussion

• 248 posts
    May 15, 2018 12:05 PM EDT

Amongst a flurry of odd leaks and cheeky twitter banter from Bethesda and the relaunched official @Ragegame account, we have the first trailer and 'official-not-so-precise' release date of 2019 for Rage 2

Thoughts?

Yes, the comparison to MadMaxx/Fallout/Borderlands not withstanding, I think it looks like a lot of chaotic fun. I think a lot will depend on any RPG elements (can the character/weapons/vehicles be customized, factions/alliances joined, etc) and obviously the story and gameplay have to be top notch.

But an Open World Post apocylyptic playground? I'm intrigued.

What say you? 

• 248 posts
    May 15, 2018 12:06 PM EDT

Doing some more reading here: https://bethesda.net/en/game/rage2

Apparently weapons are going to be upgadeable (not surprised) and factions joinable. 

• 1441 posts
    May 15, 2018 12:15 PM EDT

I am too, though I haven't played the OG Rust in AGEs

• 694 posts
    May 15, 2018 1:24 PM EDT

My interest in this is piqued. I'm into the artistic direction and the trailer seems cool, but I really want more info before I'd consider preordering. I'd be very into the idea of being able to customize a monster truck in which I can ride around and terrorize a post-apocalyptic hellscape... but at least at first glimpse on this tiny teaser website, it doesn't sound like those will be upgradeable. "If you see it, you can drive it." Maybe down the road in a DLC...?

Ultimately I'm with you though, I feel like it could go either way, and how much it really is like an RPG or if its more just a shooter will really determine which way I sort of fall on it. 

• 773 posts
    May 15, 2018 1:31 PM EDT

From what I hear about Rage, it was basically a lot of shooting at people and blowing stuff up. But the story element was (so I'm told) sadly lacking.

That would have to improve dramatically to pique my interest, frankly

• 248 posts
    May 15, 2018 1:37 PM EDT
    Edana - agreed on wanting to customize a monster truck! And yeah I think I’d need some good rp elements to be too engrossed.

Paul - yeah hard to know about the story. It seems a tad generic at present.
    • 277 posts
    May 15, 2018 3:34 PM EDT

Hehe, I'm still waiting for Bulletstorm 2.

• 1467 posts
    May 15, 2018 6:53 PM EDT

Honestly it all depends on the price of the game. I'm not paying $100 (Australian Dollar, this is the base price for new games here) for it unless it's the next...I dunno, God of War really and is toted as having the best story in all of gaming. So it interests me, but I'll pick it up in a year or two depending on how well it sells (the less it sells the quicker the price drops)