Forums » Elder Scrolls

A Skyrim RP Comedy Series

• 2 posts
    April 20, 2018 11:55 AM EDT

Hello, friend! The moons certainly smile upon you this day, for you have happened upon the project that this one has been undertaking as of late. What is your thought on merchant characters? Not enough action? Too bland? In an attempt to try something new and amusing, Musambi invites you to share in his definitely-not-bland adventures - many of which he truly wishes he was not on.

There is already a fair amount documented on how this one began his expedition. These videos can be found in the passageways below: two links to the experience in its entirety, which are updated weekly, and the most recent episode to give you a feel for the series. Please do enjoy, and discuss your thoughts and experiences with merchant characters!

The Tamriel Vault Video Section Playlist

Musambi: Merchant Dragonborn Youtube Playlist

This post was edited by Bruise at April 21, 2018 12:37 AM EDT
    • 33 posts
    April 20, 2018 10:57 PM EDT

This one finds your wares appealing.

• 585 posts
    April 21, 2018 6:38 AM EDT

Very funny mate, looking forward to more!

• 2 posts
    April 26, 2018 1:35 PM EDT

If nobody has anything to say about merchants, what about khajiit accents? I know André Sogliuzzo kills it as the only male khajiit voice actor for Skyrim, and mine is probably on par with Oblivion's, but ESO added a variety of voicework to the race. I've seen discussions about what human accents it replicates; do you think the khajiit have a variety of accents across Tamriel (not the games, but more lore-wise), or do you think there is one true accent they should have?

• 1595 posts
    April 26, 2018 3:04 PM EDT

Just started on ep 11.... Very funny and creative :D I am looking forward to watching the first 10 videos. 

• 69 posts
    April 27, 2018 2:47 PM EDT

I'll check this out when I'm back home Bruise. Looks to be an interesting series though :)

• 1467 posts
    May 11, 2018 4:11 AM EDT

I'll have to find some time to watch the whole thing Bruise, it sounds like a really interesting idea. So as to your question above. 

I think that Khajiit would most likely have an incredibly diverse accent range. I mean my Khajiit Lore isn't incredibly strong to be honest, but one you've got the different types of Khajiit, which I assume would all have different accents. Then you've got the fact that Eleswyr hasn't always been a united province, so you'd have different areas that would have unique accents. Partially because there'd  be some crossover from other races that might be more prominent than others (for example, the Nords of Solitude have a much...fairer accent, generally speaking than those of Windhelm because of the Imperial roots being stronger, at least that's how I see it) in that region.

So yeah, definitely should be different accents in the same way that pretty much all modern countries have different accents IRL. I mean I could probably think of a few real life examples, but that's a lot of pain and I think we all know how real life accents work :P