Forums » Elder Scrolls

Morrowind on Xbox One 4-17-18

• 248 posts
    April 11, 2018 1:12 PM EDT

Looks like Morrowind will be playable on XBox One will be available via backwards compatibility on 4-17-18. Hmm...anyone buying a Xbone bc of this?

Release announcement LINK HERE.

• 773 posts
    April 11, 2018 2:50 PM EDT

I'm not buying an XBoxOne because of this, although I have just bought one!

The issue with Morrowind for me is that it's still got that incredibly clunky combat - you can literally be standing in front of someone, swing your sword, see the sword hit the NPC - and yet you still 'miss' so far as the combat system is concerned. And it can't be modded due to the hard coding. So, for me, I just couldn't really play and enjoy it now (and that's just the main one of a series of flaws)

Also, now that I've been back to Vvardenfell in ESO, it would seem weird going back there in the 'original' and seeing everything look so dated.

• 275 posts
    April 11, 2018 3:30 PM EDT

Nope. I have a craptop that can actually run it quite nicely, with mods I might add.

• 11 posts
    April 15, 2018 9:16 PM EDT

At low levels I adjusted the difficulty right back until the hermit crab died when I whanged it with a hammer. Once I was passed that stage  I moved it back up to somewhere in the middle (so I died realistically). The graphics are beautifully detailed with a mod, especially the artwork of the buildings. Somehow I find the exterior graphics more immersive in the simplicity of the landforms and outside feels more "open" to the sky.

This post was edited by Mook at April 15, 2018 9:24 PM EDT
    • 44 posts
    April 16, 2018 10:00 AM EDT

Not going to buy Xbox but might restart Morrowind on PC, with mods! :D

• 29 posts
    May 8, 2018 2:14 PM EDT
    Got it. It's still just as frustrating to play. Don't get me wrong, I love the setting. I just hate how clunky the gameplay is.