Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which Schools of Magic Should You Study? Quiz!

• 87 posts
    April 7, 2018 10:30 PM EDT
    Mysticism. Don’t know what that is but it sounds cool so I’ll take it .
    • 203 posts
    April 8, 2018 6:13 AM EDT

Decumus Scotti said: Mysticism. Don’t know what that is but it sounds cool so I’ll take it .

It's a school from the older games. Essentially it's the manipulation of raw magical energy and souls. Compared with alteration it's probably the school that is the most interesting lore-wise, in my opinion. You could compare it to quantum physics since you're playing around with the primal energies that hold the world of TES together. It's quite bad-ass.

• 87 posts
    April 8, 2018 12:43 PM EDT
    Teineeva said:

Decumus Scotti said: Mysticism. Don’t know what that is but it sounds cool so I’ll take it .

It's a school from the older games. Essentially it's the manipulation of raw magical energy and souls. Compared with alteration it's probably the school that is the most interesting lore-wise, in my opinion. You could compare it to quantum physics since you're playing around with the primal energies that hold the world of TES together. It's quite bad-ass.

Thanks for the info Teineeva. Sounds pretty cool. I either picked the intellectual or the power options. Resulted in mysticism. It definitely seems the most obscure of the magic schools, so it makes sense that I got that one. I’ve always been fascinated by rare knowledge in a role play sense.
    • 29 posts
    April 10, 2018 5:17 PM EDT
    Mysticism. This does tie into a build I plan on constructing. Since that particular school is no longer viable in Skyrim, I plan to replicate it as best I can with the use of mods.