Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which Schools of Magic Should You Study? Quiz!

• 490 posts
    March 29, 2018 8:03 PM EDT

DESTRUCTION

• 197 posts
    March 29, 2018 9:48 PM EDT

Paws said: Maybe Ravenclaw? I guess mysticism is like the brainiac's school, maybe.

i love how in this world DOCTORS are the boring ones. 

• 1595 posts
    March 29, 2018 9:56 PM EDT
    Ha, yeah! Can't all be exciting burtle merges like Henson there. We could group the schools to 1.5 per Harry Potter House. So mysticism could be the 1
    of Ravenclaw, the .5 could be half of alteration. Hufflepuff gets 1 restoration, .5 of another boring school.
    This post was edited by Paws at March 29, 2018 9:57 PM EDT
    • 197 posts
    March 29, 2018 10:12 PM EDT

Paws said: Ha, yeah! Can't all be exciting burtle merges like Henson there. We could group the schools to 1.5 per Harry Potter House. So mysticism could be the 1 of Ravenclaw, the .5 could be half of alteration. Hufflepuff gets 1 restoration, .5 of another boring school.

exciting burtle merges? You’ve lost me. I even googled it. 

I’m a Hufflepuff, by the way. I even made three Pottermore accounts to see if I could possibly be less of a Hufflepuff, but no. I get Hufflepuff every time. The video Eddie Redmayne made about Hufflepuffs being awesome is very much me. Except I swear so, so much. 

But it’s nice to be in a Ravenclaw-esque house here. 

• 1595 posts
    March 29, 2018 11:04 PM EDT
    He might have levelled up to buttle marge now :p

I hear you on the Hufflepuff. It has been a long time since I took one of the Potter personality tests (honest) but I always got Hufflepuff too. I feel dissatisfied if I answer one dishonestly, and even more dissatisfied by always getting blasted Hufflepuff. It sucks right? Why can't we be Griffindor? The cool kids go there.
    • 627 posts
    March 30, 2018 3:43 AM EDT

Phil I wont stand for you insulting the good name of house Hufflepuff. I for one am quite proud to be one of "the rest" as Mitchell and Web put it :P

• 490 posts
    March 30, 2018 6:59 AM EDT

Paws said: He might have levelled up to buttle marge now :p I hear you on the Hufflepuff. It has been a long time since I took one of the Potter personality tests (honest) but I always got Hufflepuff too. I feel dissatisfied if I answer one dishonestly, and even more dissatisfied by always getting blasted Hufflepuff. It sucks right? Why can't we be Griffindor? The cool kids go there.

BUTTER MARGERINE!!!

• 295 posts
    March 30, 2018 10:44 AM EDT

Paws said: Maybe Ravenclaw? I guess mysticism is like the brainiac's school, maybe.

Yes, more than likely. 

• 295 posts
    March 30, 2018 10:45 AM EDT

Henson said:

Paws said: He might have levelled up to buttle marge now :p I hear you on the Hufflepuff. It has been a long time since I took one of the Potter personality tests (honest) but I always got Hufflepuff too. I feel dissatisfied if I answer one dishonestly, and even more dissatisfied by always getting blasted Hufflepuff. It sucks right? Why can't we be Griffindor? The cool kids go there.

BUTTER MARGERINE!!!

It's funny, I always test Ravenclaw in those tests. 

• 203 posts
    March 30, 2018 10:53 AM EDT

Apparently, I'm with the cool kids then. That's news to me :D

• 127 posts
    March 30, 2018 11:56 AM EDT

Yeah, Restoration over here.  Sounds about right, considering I want to leave the world a better place than when I came into it.  Illusion was probably the runner up to that, though.

And funnily enough, I always wanted to get Hufflepuff on those quizzes, but I'm a Gryffindor, it seems.

• 62 posts
    March 30, 2018 10:36 PM EDT
    I get to study the old way with the Psijic Order because I got Mysticism. I have to say, I like the idea of using things like Reflect, Command, Dispel, and Absorb Attribute to use kick other mages asses with their own magic (yea, I went there, bring it on stickshakers!)...but honestly I'd probably just freeze time, teleport away, and catch up on some research first. After all, the entire reason I got this result is because my answers were so antisocial. Lol.
    • 40 posts
    March 31, 2018 4:42 AM EDT

Alteration here! Anyone in need of some lead turned to gold? Very happy with my result, I don't think I'd have much knack for healing! :P
    Incredibly intrigued by Alteration's transformative nature, permanent or otherwise.

• 168 posts
    March 31, 2018 8:00 PM EDT

I got Destruction, and I'm not surprised.

• 69 posts
    April 2, 2018 1:34 AM EDT

Got Alteration myself fellow disciples SpottedFawn and Teineeva! Sounds like we could have a great time transforming the world how we see fit. (Plus I like the idea of giving Belthor a few thousand gold pieces only for my spell to wear off after a few minutes and he be left with a pile of skeever tails...hehe) Also I guess that could be linked to Illusion as well, but I like to think of myself as more of a alteration-ist :P

• 40 posts
    April 2, 2018 3:39 AM EDT

FlamezSword said:

Got Alteration myself fellow disciples SpottedFawn and Teineeva! Sounds like we could have a great time transforming the world how we see fit. (Plus I like the idea of giving Belthor a few thousand gold pieces only for my spell to wear off after a few minutes and he be left with a pile of skeever tails...hehe) Also I guess that could be linked to Illusion as well, but I like to think of myself as more of a alteration-ist :P

Ahahaha, I am all for tricking Belethor, that guy has it coming! Yay more Alteration students. :D

• 694 posts
    April 2, 2018 7:03 PM EDT

SpottedFawn said:

FlamezSword said:

Ahahaha, I am all for tricking Belethor, that guy has it coming! Yay more Alteration students. :D

Glad to join your pack then. :) I got Alteration too! :D

• 20 posts
    April 2, 2018 10:31 PM EDT

Another mystic reporting in. I was sort of expecting Alteration as it is my favorite school of magic, but my fascination with the unknown and curiosity makes sense for Mysticism. It seems very cool with the concept of manipulating and controlling magicka, and could easily be the most powerful with deep understanding. Now I'll have to play a Mysticism character in Morrowind or Oblivion (probably Morrowind) as I've never fully dived into it.

• 69 posts
    April 3, 2018 1:13 AM EDT

Edana said:

Welcome to the club! We enjoy many things: like transmuting lead into gold, annoying the locals with devious pranks, and most important of all reveling in a good sweetroll and wine :P

• 1595 posts
    April 3, 2018 2:49 AM EDT
    FlamezSword said:

Edana said:

Welcome to the club! We enjoy many things: like transmuting lead into gold, annoying the locals with devious pranks, and most important of all reveling in a good sweetroll and wine :P

Come see the boring, bumbling badgers when you eat too much and vomit. We'll patch you up before we go back to the humdrum day-to-day :D We're solid, reliable, dependable... Utterly depressing, is what it is!
    • 627 posts
    April 3, 2018 4:11 AM EDT

Paws said:
    FlamezSword said:

Edana said:

Come see the boring, bumbling badgers when you eat too much and vomit. We'll patch you up before we go back to the humdrum day-to-day :D We're solid, reliable, dependable... Utterly depressing, is what it is!

Phil you're thinking about this all wrong, we are effectively the doctors of TES which means we can charge ridiculous prices for our services and become rich. Sure all we'll ever do at parties is talk about restoration magic, but we'll be rich.

• April 3, 2018 7:37 AM EDT

Paws said: Come see the boring, bumbling badgers when you eat too much and vomit. We'll patch you up before we go back to the humdrum day-to-day :D We're solid, reliable, dependable... Utterly depressing, is what it is!

Can I eat the boring, bumbling badgers? I might be able to make a Colovian badger dish that doesn't taste awful :3

Also I got Destruction?! I thought I'd be more subtle than that, maybe Illusion or something...

This post was edited by The Sunflower Manual at April 3, 2018 7:38 AM EDT
    • 321 posts
    April 3, 2018 8:22 AM EDT

A Shadow Under the Moons said:

Also I got Destruction?! I thought I'd be more subtle than that, maybe Illusion or something...

Eehh? But I thought you liked Destruction. All the lightning zap zap & stuff.

• 278 posts
    April 3, 2018 9:22 AM EDT

Got Illusion! Love being charming; All my thieves end up charming, anyway. Hmm, that reminds me. I'd better get back to writing.

• 1595 posts
    April 3, 2018 9:41 PM EDT
    A Shadow Under the Moons said:

Can I eat the boring, bumbling badgers? I might be able to make a Colovian badger dish that doesn't taste awful :3

Go for it, we're used to being bottom of the food chain, snacked upon at leisure. Let us know the recipe. Looks like you join the ranks of the butter marge. Mages known for their destruction magic and culinary expertise.
    This post was edited by Paws at April 3, 2018 9:42 PM EDT