Forums » Elder Scrolls

POLL Your favourite Skyrim city

• 694 posts
    March 22, 2018 8:10 PM EDT
    I don't think I could possibly hate Dawnstar anymore than I do. XD
    • 10 posts
    March 29, 2018 12:11 PM EDT

Eh, I voted Whiterun but honestly I'm not sure, Falkreath is pretty neat, too. I remember taking a great liking to Whiterun from the get-go because it reminded me of Edoras. :D But I also like the people there (with few exceptions), the Companions are there, the city is gorgeous and it's easy to navigate for someone like me who has a terrible sense of direction IRL and in games; I still get lost in Markarth! Every time I go there I go up the wrong stairs and I hate it. But then again, I hate Markarth with a burning passion, so... :'D

Falkreath isn't that interesting of a place to be perfectly honest, but the people there are all right and I like the location of it, and the fact that it's open (no loading screens to enter it). I often play a hunter-type characters and it's the perfect place in the middle of the forest to sell what I gather from the woods. It's got that nice and gloomy, sleepy vibe that I dig, it's always so misty and foggy around there and I love misty forests. There's also Lakeview Manor (my fave HF house), and even though he's a total smartass, the Jarl is also a cool guy. He even showed up to my wedding once. :D Of the smaller towns/hamlets, I think Shor's Stone might be my favourite. I don't even know why, I just like the feel of the place.

• 197 posts
    March 29, 2018 12:30 PM EDT

Mhysa Ren said:

Eh, I voted Whiterun but honestly I'm not sure, Falkreath is pretty neat, too. I remember taking a great liking to Whiterun from the get-go because it reminded me of Edoras. :D But I also like the people there (with few exceptions), the Companions are there, the city is gorgeous and it's easy to navigate for someone like me who has a terrible sense of direction IRL and in games; I still get lost in Markarth! Every time I go there I go up the wrong stairs and I hate it. But then again, I hate Markarth with a burning passion, so... :'D

Falkreath isn't that interesting of a place to be perfectly honest, but the people there are all right and I like the location of it, and the fact that it's open (no loading screens to enter it). I often play a hunter-type characters and it's the perfect place in the middle of the forest to sell what I gather from the woods. It's got that nice and gloomy, sleepy vibe that I dig, it's always so misty and foggy around there and I love misty forests. There's also Lakeview Manor (my fave HF house), and even though he's a total smartass, the Jarl is also a cool guy. He even showed up to my wedding once. :D Of the smaller towns/hamlets, I think Shor's Stone might be my favourite. I don't even know why, I just like the feel of the place.

i still get lost in Markarth too. Of course, I get lost everywhere I go in Skyrim, so...

• 773 posts
    April 1, 2018 9:17 AM EDT

Final Results (poor old Dawnstar...lol)

• 284 posts
    April 1, 2018 12:22 PM EDT
    Damn, even Winterhold got a vote. Then again, it is a great place to rebuild in three different mods.
    • 29 posts
    April 10, 2018 5:29 PM EDT
    Falkreath. It seems to be one of the more hospitable areas of Skyrim. I also like how some of the shops have rather tongue-in-cheek names. The town is known for it's large (although it's small in the game!) cemetary, yet the surroundings are lively and vibrant with Flora and fauna. The name of the hold is not in any way Nordic, and the hold used to be part of Colovia. It's part of Skyrim, but it isn't of Skyrim.