Forums » Introduce Yourself

A Little Late, I Know

• February 8, 2018 3:48 PM EST

I've been on the site for around two weeks by now, but I never made one of these posts. So...my name is Sean, I'm 19, and I'm from the United States. My username is the name of a character from my fantasy world I'm building (I want to be a fantasy author). Aegar is the current king of the Ildarians (my Nord ripoff) and he is called the Mountain because he's freaking huge and buff. I've played Skyrim since it came out and it's been my one of my favorite video games ever since. Until recently, I didn't know character building was a thing. Then, I saw something about it on Reddit (where I do all of myworldbuilding). I thought character building could make Skyrim more exciting, and a quick google search led me here. Ummm....waht's some more shit about myself? I like anime, my favorite color is black, I play piano, ukelele, and guitar (I'm not good at any of them though), and I love to write...that's about it I guess. Now you know Sean Aegar, sort of. 

• 41 posts
    February 8, 2018 4:38 PM EST
    First and foremost, hello and welcome! Nice to meet you, Sean, I mean, Aegar.
    Say, could you link to some of your worldbuilding? If you're okay with it. I'm pretty sure quite a few people are gonna be curious about it.
  • February 8, 2018 4:54 PM EST
    Thanks! Yeah, I can totally link to some of it. It's not the most fleshed out world, mostly just my races, a few locations, and a little bit of lore/history, but I love it anyway.
  • February 8, 2018 5:07 PM EST
    https://www.reddit.com/user/unlimitedfaggotry
    Here you can see all my posts and comments in the worldbuilding subreddit...please excuse my username...
    • 41 posts
    February 8, 2018 6:33 PM EST
    Thanks, I'll make sure to take a deeper look when I get some more time.
    • 1467 posts
    February 8, 2018 6:57 PM EST

Nice to meet you Sean, I'll have to check out your Worldbuilding stuff at some point, that kinda thing usually interests me so when I've got some time I'll make sure to check it out :) Been good having you here so far mate, and you've got some really interesting build stuff that I've already seen :)

• 1595 posts
    February 9, 2018 12:41 AM EST

Welcome, Sean :) There has been a lot of discusion about world-building recently, guys like Amornar and Matt feeney have some very good projects on the go and always seem up for discussion about that. Cool too that that passion led you here, building and character profiles do enrich the game, I think that is very true. Being creative here allows us to explore our creativity and enjoy the game even when we don't have the controller in our hands :)

Also, it's good to see anothe rmusician :) Legion, Loopdiss, ShinJin and Golem to name but a few enjoy their tunes, a few amongst them actually play and are well worth engaging in conversation over in the relevant forum threads if you wanted. Lol, anime too seems to be popular here :D Enjoy the site, dude :)

• 585 posts
    February 9, 2018 5:01 AM EST

Nice to meet you, Sean! I frequent r/worldbuilding quite a bit, although I've never contributed anything, so I might've seen some of your stuff.

• 700 posts
    February 9, 2018 6:33 PM EST

Lol, username excused. Welcome to the site, Sean. 

• February 10, 2018 12:09 AM EST
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys :)
    • 69 posts
    February 10, 2018 8:24 PM EST

Little late, but welcome Sean/Aegar. I love writing as well; if you haven't been over there yet The Story Corner is sure to hold something for you. I'm here if you want to talk to someone about worldbuilding since I can, hopefully, provide some insight.

The Character Builds sure are something. Love the creativity they bring to the site. Glad to see you enjoy it as well! Dragonborn has Flash Events weekly if you're interested in the Skyrim side of things, and if you haven't already noticed the FO CB is running the Arms & Artificer Event. Looking forward to see some more from you, and I'll be sure to check out your reddit :-)