Forums » Elder Scrolls

Searching for specific builds?

• 5 posts
    February 2, 2018 2:12 AM EST

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum. So I came across this site many years ago, back before it was changed into the current format. I had what seemed to be a library's worth of character builds saved to my favourites, which of course are now defunct on this new site. Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to search for builds/particular builders?

Thanks for the assist!

• 1467 posts
    February 2, 2018 2:27 AM EST

Sort of depends. The best way that I tend to rely on is just using the Archives, it does mean sorting through other builds but I see that as a plus most of the time. If you're looking for the best way I'd recommend just searching 'Skyrim Character Build - [Build Name]' and most of the time you'll be able to find them. It's a bit harder if they're from lesser known builders, especially if there are similarly named builds.

Otherwise, you could ask in the Build Recommendations thread if you're a bit lacking in time at any point. Got a few people (including myself) who check regularly there and can find most builds pretty quickly. 

Heh, just realized that I've still got my old library of builds set up too, got a good 30 or 40 in there including a few links to builders. None of them works of course, but it still just brings back memories when I look through them. Anyway, hope that helped Anise, let me know if you've got any other questions :D

• 5 posts
    February 2, 2018 2:31 AM EST

I've been doing exactly that, going through manually, just hoped there was an easier way! Some builders have linked all their builds to their profiles which is a huge help, but the super prolific builders eg Ponty/Mason haven't. Thanks for the reply

• 1467 posts
    February 2, 2018 3:13 AM EST

AH, yeah, since a lot of the earlier builders aren't active anymore (or stopped building) they don't tend to have a lot of those systems set up. Some builders do have tags on their builds that will link to the rest of their stuff which can be pretty useful, but again you've got the problem of inactive builders not having them. Sorry Anise, your best bet really is probably the Google Searching if they don't have tags or links. 

• 104 posts
    February 2, 2018 7:23 AM EST

If you use the search bar above you may find the build you are looking for if not, which is it and I will do my utmost to locate it for you my friend

• 5 posts
    February 2, 2018 6:55 PM EST

Thanks to you both