Forums » Fallout

Quickest way to defeat Brotherhood?

• 215 posts
    January 26, 2018 9:02 AM EST

So I've read that you can attack them at the police station right away, and even kill Danse and turn the BOS hostile towards you and get BOS raids on your settlements which ups the difficulty.  However, I'm more interested right now in the quest to destroy the Prydwen as there is a piece of gear on there that I want that only appears on the wreckage. 

So, what is the quickest way to reach, and complete, the quest to destroy the Prydwen?

Secondarily, does the BOS vanish at that point...or are they still active in raiding you and stuff?

• 69 posts
    January 26, 2018 12:32 PM EST

SPOILERS: FOR ANYONE THAT HASN'T PLAYED THE GAME

What exact item are you looking for Ragin? I mean you can kill Maxon after becoming a knight and getting your power armor, but beyond that I think the earliest way to aggro them is the police station. As for the bit about the continous raiding... i don't know unfortunately. All of this mainly came from some quick discussions I found. I can link them if need be, hope this helped :-)

Edit: I'm not sure there is a way without modding your game to destroy the Prydwen without going through at least one of the other factions quests. Of course turning the Brotherhood hostile asap and going with the Minutemen after finding the Courser Chip's info might actually result in the quickest start to destroying the Prydwen, but if you just want his coat then I'd do the aforementioned info. 

• 215 posts
    January 26, 2018 2:14 PM EST

LOL, it's been over two years.  Nobody should be surprised anymore and if they haven't played it then nobody to blame on spoilers but themselves right?  Anyway... I'm looking for the Medical Goggles which only appear on the wreck of the Prydwen.  I can make other goggles work during the game but eventually want those.  Just trying to determine the earliest I can attain them.  I haven't destroyed them in my playthroughs yet. 

• 69 posts
    January 26, 2018 3:17 PM EST

Yea, I was just putting out a warning for my specific comment; most have played the game, but I know a few that haven't delved into some of the main aspects. Not the point of this post though, lol.

As for other way to get the goggles... If you aren't hell bent on destroying the Brotherhood then perhaps during the Learning Curve quests the scribes have a chance to spawn with them. Killing one of them might be a good way to get the goggles, but then again you'd have to destroy the Institute and become a Sentinal to end up starting those quests; from what I see you need it as soon as you can get it so that is the issue I have.

I've looked through a lot of material and so far I haven't found a single way to destroy the Prydwen without at least ONE of the other factions. Sorry I can't be of more assisstance, but as far as I'm aware it's impossible without console commands to get the goggles without doing a main quest to destroy the Prydwen, and thereafter searching corpses. :/

• 215 posts
    January 26, 2018 3:35 PM EST

I don't have an issue destroying the BOS.  Just wasn't sure how fast I could feasibly do it.  And from what I read in the Armors and wiki pages, that set of goggles do not spawn, it only appears with the destruction of the Prydwen.  Time to Science! it up...lol.  Institute, here I come.