Forums » Introduce Yourself

Would anyone like to show me around?

• 62 posts
    January 19, 2018 3:04 PM EST
    So...as a newbie in a site that already has such a catalogue of content, I'm finding it a bit daunting to get to know everyone and their work. Since a lot of you already know me by now, I was hoping I could turn this around on everyone and see if I could ask that you introduce yourself to me! Hopefully this is the right place for something like this. I just have a few questions that maybe some of the long-time members would be kind enough to answer (and provide links, if possible):

Which of your own stories so you think represents you and your personality the best?

What is the most engrossing story you've read of someone else's?

What's your favorite roleplay profile or even just a reoccurring "quirk" you like to give characters?

Who amongst your peers do you think has the best RP?

Which of your own builds are you most proud of?

What is your favorite build of someone else's?

What has been your favorite contest so far on the Vault?

Any interesting guides or lore discussions a newbie like me might have missed?

Anything interesting about you personally you'd like to brag about?
    • 275 posts
    January 19, 2018 4:13 PM EST

Tysoyaha said:

What's your favorite roleplay profile or even just a reoccurring "quirk" you like to give characters?

My favorite (of the two I currently have) would be my Walks-In-Darkness profile, likely because I've had him for years even though absolutely everything about him except for his name, race, and the "Ebonslayer" title has stuck. At one point he was even a extremely dangerous warrior and assassin with extreme blood magic surpassing even that of the most powerful vampires and had the Soul of Magnus (TL;DR, he was a mary sue at one point).

Tysoyaha said:

That's a tie between Mason's Obsidian Sentinel and the Argonian Ebonscale, the former was one of the most fun playthroughs I've ever had and the latter was my first variation of Walks-In-Darkness.

• 62 posts
    January 19, 2018 5:00 PM EST

Ebonslayer said:

My favorite (of the two I currently have) would be my Walks-In-Darkness profile, likely because I've had him for years even though absolutely everything about him except for his name, race, and the "Ebonslayer" title has stuck. At one point he was even a extremely dangerous warrior and assassin with extreme blood magic surpassing even that of the most powerful vampires and had the Soul of Magnus (TL;DR, he was a mary sue at one point).

Nice, so you have the opposite, a single reoccurring character that's always changing builds? Is he like YOUR character where the RP is simply how you would naturally play the game? Because I have that guy, in fact it's named Tysoyaha! 

Ebonslayer said:

That's a tie between Mason's Obsidian Sentinel and the Argonian Ebonscale, the former was one of the most fun playthroughs I've ever had and the latter was my first variation of Walks-In-Darkness.

Ah yes, the Sentinel series. I am of coarse familiar with those! Hell, that's where I first learned about resto-looping before I knew there were guides on it. I didn't find the builds themselves to be particularly balanced, but they are definitely a wealth of knowledge!

The Argonian Ebonscale is new to me though, and VERY intriguing! I myself find excessively tanky builds to be boring, but that just makes me want to find ways to make that playstyle more fun for me. A build based around health regen that is designed to be able to soak up a hit or two before having to duck and weave a bit while their health refills? That sounds like a great way to keep a tanky build exciting! Thank you so much for pointing this build out to me, it's right up my alley!

• 558 posts
    January 19, 2018 5:44 PM EST

Which of your own stories so you think represents you and your personality the best?

This is my only one, but it does represent me pretty well, probably. https://tamrielvault.com/blogs/14068/3397/the-ill-and-the-dreamer

I... haven't.

Don't have one.

I don't have any peers.

This one. https://tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/5610 

This is still my favorite. https://tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/2550

Resurrection event.

It has been too long since I have been into lore. Don't know any.

My fingernails are pretty long.

This post was edited by Gollum at January 19, 2018 5:44 PM EST
    • 62 posts
    January 19, 2018 5:57 PM EST

Gollum said:

I don't have any peers.

Ok, fine. Which of your superiors has the best roleplay?

Gollum said:

My fingernails are pretty long.

Cool.

This post was edited by Tysoyaha at January 19, 2018 9:18 PM EST
    • 457 posts
    January 19, 2018 7:09 PM EST

To date I have not written any stories. I'm always tempted to hop into the Story Corner's AMOSS event and crank out a short story, but it's always in a time that's usually pretty busy for me, and I find writing to be a bit daunting anyhow. Lazy and self-conscious... it's a bad combo for a would-be writer xD

I really enjoyed Alastor's Jo'ji and the Rogue series. A fun and funny romp with some twists and turns.

A reoccuring quirk--it probably doesn't say anything good about me, but everytime the DB send someone to assassinate me, I drop everything I'm doing and run off to obliterate that organization. No matter how squishy or unprepared my character is. Same thing with the Boethia cultist, "Oh you thought you'd show up for no good reason and just cut me down, did you?" It's starting to get that way with Miraak's cultists as well.

I. Take. Crud. Personally (in games at least xD)

That's a tough question for a few reasons. First of all, different people have different ideas as to what RP means to them. I tend to shy away from RP that is geared to make the game more like real life ("You must sleep every 16 hours," or "Stop to eat three times a day"); if I wanted realism, I wouldn't be playing a fantasy game. I do, however, like RP that focuses me on a character concept. Heck, sometimes the builder may not include much RP direction, but the build itself has so much RP inherently in it that it just sings to me.

I've seen a lot of great RP on this sight, but two builders that consistently get me all wrapped up in their character's RP would be Henson and Noodles.

Usually the one I just finished or the one that I just started working on are the ones that I'm most excited about, and thus, most proud of. But they're all like children--I love them all. That sounds a little weird when I look at it written down like that (but still true).

Waaaay too many, but Alastor's Transient Sorcerer and Noodles' Exorcist are way up there on my favorite's list.

I thought the Holds contest was pretty cool--educational and entertaining--a great mix of lore, building, and RP. Fun to participate in and fun to read.

Vargr's Necronomicon and Alastor's Advanced Archery Corner are two quintessential reads for me :D

Actually, I haven't really... but I'm trying :D

X

This post was edited by ShinJin at January 19, 2018 7:12 PM EST
    • 62 posts
    January 19, 2018 9:58 PM EST

ShinJin said:

I really enjoyed Alastor's Jo'ji and the Rogue series. A fun and funny romp with some twists and turns.

Open in a new tab and ready to be read...just as soon as I get the time. I appreciate the reference though and I'll let you know what I think once I read it. I'm a sucker for funny.

ShinJin said:

Areoccuring quirk--it probably doesn't say anything good about me, but everytime the DB send someone to assassinate me, I drop everything I'm doing and run off to obliterate that organization. No matter how squishy or unprepared my character is. Same thing with the Boethia cultist, "Oh you thought you'd show up for no good reason and just cut me down, did you?" It's starting to get that way with Miraak's cultists as well.

Lol. That's funny, I'm the opposite. They annoy the hell out of me and, if anything, I ignore them longer if they get aggressive like that. Also probably says something about my personality but I've put off Dragonborn for way longer than I should have on a few occasions just because I didn't want to give those bratty cultist the satisfaction.

ShinJin said:

If I wanted realism, I wouldn't be playing a fantasy game.

Yea, I never understood that either. There's a few things that cross over, like survival mods can inform the narrative of certain characters and increase the challenge of gameplay (both things I'm all for) but I've never understood taking the tedious aspects of the game and making them more prevalent die realism sake.

ShinJin said:

I've seen a lot of great RP on this sight, but two builders that consistently get me all wrapped up in their character's RP would be Henson and Noodles.

I'm familiar with both, but I'm admittedly a skimmer (especially with people who have tons of builds like those two) so I'll have to revisit some of their builds and pay closer attention to the RP.

ShinJin said:

Usually the one I just finished or the one that I just started working on are the ones that I'm most excited about, and thus, most proud of. But they're all like children--I love them all. That sounds a little weird when I look at it written down like that (but still true).

Ha, that's not weird at all! It just means you put your heart into it! I wish I could invest more in my builds like that. I get excited at times, but I hit blocks as well and often have to move on to other projects while I wait for inspiration to strike.

ShinJin said:

Waaaay too many, but Alastor's Transient Sorcerer and Noodles' Exorcist are way up there on my favorite's list.

Holy shit, that transient sorcerer is awesome. Using predominantly novice spells to such great effect? How genius. Plus, I'm a complete sucker for Ash Shell tricks. I think I'm going to play that build, thanks Shinjin!

The Necromage looks awesome, but nothing caught my eye the way it did in the transient sorcerer. I think it's another one I'll have to spend some time reading before I'll really appreciate it, but Noodles is some of the RP you recommended so this will be the build I start with!

ShinJin said:

I thought the Holds contest was pretty cool--educational and entertaining--a great mix of lore, building, and RP. Fun to participate in and fun to read.

That does look really cool. I can only imagine the kind of seedy characters that will be coming out of Riften or the nutjobs from Markarth or the Debbie downers that Windhelm inspired. Lol. I can't wait to read those!

ShinJin said:

Vargr's Necronomicon and Alastor's Advanced Archery Corner are two quintessential reads for me :D

Oh god, I absolutely love both of those. The advanced archery corner is my fucking bible! I only recently discovered the Necronomicon, and had already discovered most of the info it covered, but it was just so fun to read that I went through them all anyway. Even if you think you know everything about necromancy it's just so nice to have it all in one place and so well written. Plus, there's a bunch of juicy RP stuff in there you probably wouldn't even think of like the grossest, goriest looking bodies that for the part of a rotting corpse. Lol.

This post was edited by Tysoyaha at January 20, 2018 6:59 PM EST
    • 62 posts
    January 19, 2018 10:01 PM EST

What the fuck did I just do? What idiot keeps letting me use technology?

• 700 posts
    January 19, 2018 11:17 PM EST

Looks like you have a rogue end-bracket at the end of your message. Everything got sucked into the Quote vaccum. 

• 69 posts
    January 20, 2018 2:57 PM EST

Tysoyaha said: Which of your own stories so you think represents you and your personality the best?

1. What is the most engrossing story you've read of someone else's?

2. What's your favorite roleplay profile or even just a reoccurring "quirk" you like to give characters?

3. Which of your own builds are you most proud of?

4. What has been your favorite contest so far on the Vault? 

1. I'd have to say that my longest followed story, and one I really enjoyed is Sotek's Union of the Wolf (UOTW)

2. Hmm, I probably delve into the wilderness explorer more than anything else

3. I think I'd have to say that my current WiP in the Workshop for Brothers Torn is the one I'm most proud of

4. Crossworlds is porbably my favorite character building event as to date (and one of the most iconic on the site I'd say)

• 168 posts
    January 20, 2018 3:30 PM EST

ShinJin said:

A reoccuring quirk--it probably doesn't say anything good about me, but everytime the DB send someone to assassinate me, I drop everything I'm doing and run off to obliterate that organization. No matter how squishy or unprepared my character is. Same thing with the Boethia cultist, "Oh you thought you'd show up for no good reason and just cut me down, did you?" It's starting to get that way with Miraak's cultists as well.

But do you get to the Cloud Disrtict very often?

Oh what am I saying, of course you don't. :P

• 275 posts
    January 20, 2018 3:50 PM EST

Chris H. said:

But do you get to the Cloud Dis- *chopping sounds*

FTFY

• 168 posts
    January 20, 2018 4:04 PM EST

Hmm, well I do like playing holy religous fanatics, especially of the hammy variety. Mainly because

You have come, you have come to hear the word of TALOS. LET ME SHOOOOOW YOU THE POWER OF TALOS!!!

and other shenanigans. Pray to Stendarr while you can! BY THE ALL-MAKER!!!!

https://www.tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/2636  ...but I keep thinking about rewriting/overhauling it.

Either Mason's Sorcerer

or The Hold Guard

There's too many builds to choose from! But these two I've played and enjoyed enough myself back in the day.

Elder Scrolls Tips & tricks group is basically all stuff to do with game mechanics and what-not. I'd say everything in there's interesting.

As for lore discussions, we have sections for that too but I can't remember anything in partiular of the top of my head to recommend.

I have a favorite comic book series and a favorite manga series. I love them both but for vastly different reasons. There should never, EVER be a crossover, seriously don't cross those streams.

They're start points are like 15 years apart or something like that. Age does shit to ya, man.

Oh wait a minute, you don't need to know about that (unless you happen to also be a fan of those coincidentaly)

Oh yeah, I also like Hotwheels, Legos, cartoons, video games and a bunch of other crap :P

Hey wait a minute, why would you even ask a question like that?

This post was edited by Chris H. at January 20, 2018 5:14 PM EST
    • 62 posts
    January 20, 2018 7:03 PM EST

Legion said:

Looks like you have a rogue end-bracket at the end of your message. Everything got sucked into the Quote vaccum. 

Nah, it wasn't a rogue bracket so much as I just forgot to /close any of them. Lol. It just said "blockquote" a bunch of times. Thanks though.

• 62 posts
    January 20, 2018 7:15 PM EST

FlamezSword said:

1. I'd have to say that my longest followed story, and one I really enjoyed is Sotek's Union of the Wolf (UOTW)

2. Hmm, I probably delve into the wilderness explorer more than anything else

3. I think I'd have to say that my current WiP in the Workshop for Brothers Torn is the one I'm most proud of

4. Crossworlds is porbably my favorite character building event as to date (and one of the most iconic on the site I'd say)

1. I'll have to check it out. "Longest followed" make it sound intimidatingly long, but on your recommendation I'll make sure to carve out the time.

2. Yea, I'm trying to get into more RP for story telling's sake, but I most enjoy the kind of RP that provides new challenges for gameplay and adding survival aspects is always the top of that list.

3. Oh man...I REALLY don't want to read that WIP though! Don't get me wrong, I've been insanely stoked on it since I saw it on the Crossworlds thread, but it put me in Marvel Movie mode and I just don't want any spoilers until I can absorb it all at once. Lol. How long until completion do you think?

4. Agreed. That one was really fun. I just wish I had known about the first two.

• 1467 posts
    January 20, 2018 7:28 PM EST

1. Which of your own stories so you think represents you and your personality the best?

Hmm, I don't actually have any stories that have made it passed Chapter 2, so I won't answer this...does remind me I need to continue writing my current one.

2. What is the most engrossing story you've read of someone else's?

Tough, I love Straag Rod (by Lissette), but Spotted Fawn's Legends of the Skaal and Harrow's Roaring Thunder, Hissing Lightning are both really good. Sadly I kind of suck at monitoring stories, so I'm fairly behind in all three.

3. What's your favorite roleplay profile or even just a reoccurring "quirk" you like to give characters?

The closest thing here is that I play a lot of Elves as female even if I'm basing it off a male character, or the build ends up a male. Just don't like the look of Male Elves so I never play them, but I don't really have any sort of reoccurring quick in my character.s

4. Who amongst your peers do you think has the best RP? 

Urgh, just can't answer that. Couldn't even name a top 5 because so many are really great at writing RP based builds, or Roleplaying Profiles or Modder's Logs. Or anything really, so it's just too hard.

5. Which of your own builds are you most proud of?

None of them :P Nah, honestly to date it's still going to be my builds over in the RPG Group even though they were never popular or anything. 

6. What is your favorite build of someone else's?

Shinjin's Legend of Lover's Lament

Lissette's The Outsider (with all of her builds being totally awesome)

Golden Fool's Maleficar or False Dragonborn

Ponty's The First

Urgh, could spend all day here, but I'll just stop there.

7. What has been your favorite contest so far on the Vault?

Eh, never fond of the contests. Events on the other hand... I love Ressurection over in SCB. Umm, I ran an Event in RPG that focused on the character not finishing their journey. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at January 21, 2018 12:06 AM EST
    • 69 posts
    January 20, 2018 7:57 PM EST

Tysoyaha said:

1. I'll have to check it out. "Longest followed" make it sound intimidatingly long, but on your recommendation I'll make sure to carve out the time.

2. Yea, I'm trying to get into more RP for story telling's sake, but I most enjoy the kind of RP that provides new challenges for gameplay and adding survival aspects is always the top of that list.

3. Oh man...I REALLY don't want to read that WIP though! Don't get me wrong, I've been insanely stoked on it since I saw it on the Crossworlds thread, but it put me in Marvel Movie mode and I just don't want any spoilers until I can absorb it all at once. Lol. How long until completion do you think?

UOTW is a rather long ToC, and like Deebs I'm not particularly good at keeping up to date on stories, but it is a great read imo

As for the survival thing you were talking about Frostfall and the Camping mod accompanying it is a must have for me. Such an immersive set even though it can slow down builds at times having to stop to make a campfire (or use spells if you're a mage!) Also EnaiSiaion is a great modder (Ordinator, Imperious-Races of Skyrim, Thunderchild-Epic Shouts, and some other good ones)

The question pertaining to my WiP puts me in a bit of a tough spot there Tyso... I'm really taking my time with that one, and since I need to revamp Loptr into an Ordinator playtrough and restart my Tor playthrough I'm just going to say that by the time I'm done you shouldn't need to worry about spoilers xD (Although I've kept it in the dark for the most part on spoilers. Nothing really specific past the first Thor movie and Avengers on honestly) part of that being because I myself have not watched all the Movies.

This post was edited by FlamezSword at January 20, 2018 7:57 PM EST
    • 62 posts
    January 20, 2018 10:04 PM EST

Chris H. said:

Hmm, well I do like playing holy religous fanatics, especially of the hammy variety. Mainly because

You have come, you have come to hear the word of TALOS. LET ME SHOOOOOW YOU THE POWER OF TALOS!!!

Yea, religious characters are fun, but for me it's because they present a unique challenge. My Drunken Boxer was lawful good and a pacifist whenever possible, which made some encounters surprisingly hard.

Chris H. said:

https://www.tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/2636  ...but I keep thinking about rewriting/overhauling it.

Oh man, I love wind mages! I had a build once that used cyclone, Vampiric Grip and a scimitar and it was some of the most fun I've ever had. It's one of my older builds though and looking back it was kind of uninspired, so it could use some revamping too. I'd be down to collaborate on a completely new wind mage though if you'd be into it!

Chris H. said:

Either Mason's Sorcerer

or The Hold Guard

There's too many builds to choose from! But these two I've played and enjoyed enough myself back in the day.

Ha, even the Hold Guard's gameplay is pretty funny. Summermyst adds an enchantment that resurrects you once before breaking. I'm tempted to Enchant an entire guard uniform with that, download a hold guard soundboard and go play that build right now. Lol.

Chris H. said:

Elder Scrolls Tips & tricks group is basically all stuff to do with game mechanics and what-not. I'd say everything in there's interesting.

As for lore discussions, we have sections for that too but I can't remember anything in partiular of the top of my head to recommend.

Yea, Google led me to your tips/tricks section constantly long before I even knew what the rest of the site was about. There's since fascinating stuff in there.

Chris H. said:

I have a favorite comic book series and a favorite manga series. I love them both but for vastly different reasons. There should never, EVER be a crossover, seriously don't cross those streams.

They're start points are like 15 years apart or something like that. Age does shit to ya, man.

Oh wait a minute, you don't need to know about that (unless you happen to also be a fan of those coincidentaly)

Are you kidding me? I could comic book geek you under the table! Just try me...no but seriously though, talk to me about comics any freaking time ever, I love them.

Chris H. said:

Hey wait a minute, why would you even ask a question like that?

Well, in the hopes that something cool would happen. Like finding someone to argue with over if Superman Prime one million could defeat Franklin Richards (spoiler alert: he can't ;-)). Lol.

• 62 posts
    January 20, 2018 10:17 PM EST

FlamezSword said:

I'm just going to say that by the time I'm done you shouldn't need to worry about spoilers xD (Although I've kept it in the dark for the most part on spoilers. Nothing really specific past the first Thor movie and Avengers on honestly) part of that being because I myself have not watched all the Movies.

Oh, I didn't mean that it would spoil the movies for me, I was thinking of the build like something I didn't want to spoil. I'm new to the idea is WIPs so while I enjoy giving advice and guidance when appropriate, I'm still on the fence about if it would ruin the suspense of a build I'm excited about. If you're really putting in the time though then I guess I won't put it off anymore!

• 62 posts
    January 20, 2018 11:01 PM EST

Dragonborn1921 said:

1. Which of your own stories so you think represents you and your personality the best?

Hmm, I don't actually have any stories that have made it passed Chapter 2, so I won't answer this...does remind me I need to continue writing my current one.

I'm the same way, I have way too many one chapter stories or even just preludes to stories I intended to write. If I'm honest, that probably is pretty indicative of my personality though. Lol.

Dragonborn1921 said:

2. What is the most engrossing story you've read of someone else's?

Tough, I love Straag Rod (by Lissette), but Spotted Fawn's ___ and Harrow's ____ are both really good. Sadly I kind of suck at monitoring stories, so I'm fairly behind in all three.

Yea, I'm pretty bad at keeping up with things like that too. I need to start hitting that follow button more.

Dragonborn1921 said:

3. What's your favorite roleplay profile or even just a reoccurring "quirk" you like to give characters?

The closest thing here is that I play a lot of Elves as female even if I'm basing it off a male character, or the build ends up a male. Just don't like the look of Male Elves so I never play them, but I don't really have any sort of reoccurring quick in my character.s

Yea, male elves can look weird. Lol.

Dragonborn1921 said:

4. Who amongst your peers do you think has the best RP? 

Urgh, just can't answer that. Couldn't even name a top 5 because so many are really great at writing RP based builds, or Roleplaying Profiles or Modder's Logs. Or anything really, so it's just too hard.

Understandable.

Dragonborn1921 said:

5. Which of your own builds are you most proud of?

None of them :P Nah, honestly to date it's still going to be my builds over in the RPG Group even though they were never popular or anything.

Yea, the builds I'm most proud of never seem to get much attention either. I'm not sure why that is. How would I find those? Do you have links? 

Dragonborn1921 said:

6. What is your favorite build of someone else's?

Shinjin's Legend of Lover's Lament

Lissette's The Outsider (with all of her builds being totally awesome)

Golden Fool's Maleficar or False Dragonborn

Ponty's The First

Urgh, could spend all day here, but I'll just stop there.

Hey man, the more the merrier, this is what I was looking forward too!

Dragonborn1921 said:

7. What has been your favorite contest so far on the Vault?

Eh, never fond of the contests. Events on the other hand... I love Ressurection over in SCB. Umm, I ran an Event in RPG that focused on the character not finishing their journey. 

Oh man, I kinda meant which contest or event, so that's perfect. Both those sound fascinating, what was the RP event called? I'd like to find the entries for that.

• 1467 posts
    January 20, 2018 11:43 PM EST

Yea, the builds I'm most proud of never seem to get much attention either. I'm not sure why that is. How would I find those? Do you have links?

Eh, for me it's because most of my favorite builds are either fairly niche or for games that most people here don't play. The Dragonborn1721 tag over there has links to most of my content for various games. There are a few builds that have broken images and all, but yeah. Could've missed some stuff since I posted a lot of content over there.

Here's the link to the, RPG Group Event: Incomplete. It was pretty small since I ran that pretty soon after the group first opened (and I was the first Host/guy who got it created) and we didn't have much of an audience, let alone people wanting to restrict themselves to, pretty much what had to be an RP based build. 

• 168 posts
    January 20, 2018 11:47 PM EST

Tysoyaha said:

Chris H. said:

Yea, religious characters are fun, but for me it's because they present a unique challenge. My Drunken Boxer was lawful good and a pacifist whenever possible, which made some encounters surprisingly hard.

Oh well, I've never went so far as pacifist characters, I did things more along the lines of righteous good guys. There's a ton of dieties in Elder Scrolls lore so there's no shortage of variety, makes it great for character personalities and such. It's not limited to just Aedra and Daedra, but also Sithis, the All-maker, the Hist, Alduin, so on and so forth. Custom enchantments and being able to name them is helpful for that, too.

Tysoyaha said:

Chris H. said:

Oh man, I love wind mages! I had a build once that used cyclone, Vampiric Grip and a scimitar and it was some of the most fun I've ever had. It's one of my older builds though and looking back it was kind of uninspired, so it could use some revamping too. I'd be down to collaborate on a completely new wind mage though if you'd be into it!

I'm not looking to create a completely new one, I've already done that enough. Unless you meant you wanted to make one. The main thing with my Aeromancer build is I kinda want it to be more like my sort of "main" Skyrim character, which plays the same with only slight differences. But the way that build is now, its gameplay flows a bit smoother, which I think is better for readers interested in trying it.

Tysoyaha said:

Chris H. said:

Either Mason's Sorcerer

or The Hold Guard

Ha, even the Hold Guard's gameplay is pretty funny. Summermyst adds an enchantment that resurrects you once before breaking. I'm tempted to Enchant an entire guard uniform with that, download a hold guard soundboard and go play that build right now. Lol.

Yeah, part of the reason I like the Hold Guard so much is because one of my fav character roleplays was with one. I meant to put a RP profile for him up on this site but never sat down and really did the effort.

Tysoyaha said:

Chris H. said:

Are you kidding me? I could comic book geek you under the table! Just try me...no but seriously though, talk to me about comics any freaking time ever, I love them.

I'm not that huge into comic books, but I read them on occasion. My favorite comic book series however, is Bionicle, which I'm pretty sure is not as well known because iirc it was only available through subscription from Lego, but nowadays you can get scans online for free.

But for traditional superhero-type Marvel and DC stuff, I like Spider-Man, X-Men, anything with Nightcrawler or Ghost Rider, but I'm more familiar with their animated series:(Teen Titans, Static Shock, X-men, Spider-man) because that's what I grew up with.

• 585 posts
    January 21, 2018 4:30 AM EST

Don't have any. Was gonna start one once, but turns out it's actually quite a lot of work so I decided bugger that.

There are so many incredible writers here it's hard to decide on just one story. I'll go with the first one that really got me to embrace fan fiction and all that - Dragon of the West by Okan-Zeeus.

I think this is more by nature of the game, but most of my characters are wanderers and will stay that way (ie won't settle down).

Man, there's too many amazing roleplayer's here, it'd be like choosing my favourite child! Can you go with all of them? Imma go with all of them.

Don't have any! Should really get on that...

Another tricky one. Ras'lan by Borom always appealed to me, as does anything by No snakes aLive. Ooh, but Mason's Seraphim is also incredibly badass. You might hve to come back to me on this one.

I really like the concept of Crossworld. It's something I try to do a lot with my RP, so to see it as a whole event with tonnes of awesome characters was a delight.

Vix (all hail) did a big series on every race and their various features. Definitely worth a read and got me into lore.

This is when I realise that I'm boring person. I'm 17 (18 tomorrow!), work out quite a lot, currently repeating a year of Sixth Form, am British (from the north of England, the best place in the world) aaaand that's about it. Oh, and I'm the host of Roleplaying! How did I forget that?

• 62 posts
    January 21, 2018 11:11 AM EST

Dragonborn1921 said:

Eh, for me it's because most of my favorite builds are either fairly niche or for games that most people here don't play. 

Oh, wait a minute...I DID read your Dragons Dogma build. It was fantastic! I would have left a like on it, but I apparently didn't have the option. I've been hearing about how awesome DD is from Cannon forever now so it was one of the first game I picked up when I got the new Xbox. I haven't had the time to switch gears completely yet so I don't exactly have any builds in mind, but it really is an amazing game. I also saw that you have a few Pokemon sets, but didn't have time to read them. I'm stoked on that, I have a few teams saved on Showdown myself so I can definitely contribute to that (and for once have some gameplay footage to share). Is anyone the least bit interested in KOA: Reckoning? I had some great builds for that game...there was an exploit where you could make it perform cancels and charge cancels and I had some great combos built around that.

• 62 posts
    January 21, 2018 11:35 AM EST

Chris H. said:

Ohwell, I've never went so far as pacifist characters, I did things more along the lines of righteous good guys. There's a ton of dieties in Elder Scrolls lore so there's no shortage of variety, makes it great for character personalities and such. It's not limited to just Aedra and Daedra, but also Sithis, the All-maker, the Hist, Alduin, so on and so forth. Custom enchantments and being able to name them is helpful for that, too.

Well, he was as pacifist as possible. Lol. He didn't care if he hurt undead or Daedra but avoided violence against man, mer and animal. Of coarse, he was also an unarmed fighter so when a quest just absolutely required that you kill someone I just RPd that I only knocked them out. As for in-game deities, I never set out to serve any of them, but often stumble into gameplay that seems to strongly represent a Daedric Lord.

Chris H. said:

Yeah, part of the reason I like the Hold Guard so much is because one of my fav character roleplays was with one. I meant to put a RP profile for him up on this site but never sat down and really did the effort.

Man, that's fantastic, I've never even thought of that. The last time I put on a guards uniform was when I Roleplayed infiltrating the organization in Oblivion and murdered them all. Lol.

Chris H. said:

I'm not that huge into comic books, but I read them on occasion. My favorite comic book series however, is Bionicle, which I'm pretty sure is not as well known because iirc it was only available through subscription from Lego, but nowadays you can get scans online for free.

But for traditional superhero-type Marvel and DC stuff, I like Spider-Man, X-Men, anything with Nightcrawler or Ghost Rider, but I'm more familiar with their animated series:(Teen Titans, Static Shock, X-men, Spider-man) because that's what I grew up with.

Damn...I thought I found another comic book nerd to argue with. Lol. I am however, familiar with Bionicle. When they first came out they had a disk that you could put into your computer and watch like a little video introduction of the character (like the fire guy was lava surfing, the water guy was under the sea, ect...). Man I loved those, but I don't think I ever read a comic. You're harkening back to my childhood with Bionicle and freaking static shock. Lol. I definitely watched all of those (even Teen Titans which I was probably too old to be watching by the time it came out) but I can't say that I've kept up with that. Now that you're older have you checked out any of the darker more strongly comic inspired things like The Killing Joke? If not then I HIGHLY recommend it.