Forums » The Lounge

Best Movie of 2017?

• 627 posts
    January 7, 2018 6:34 PM EST

I'm aware, but my point still stands his power is that he can talk to fish. So I'll know who to call if I ever encounter a water based problem or if I'm in the mood for fish.

• 558 posts
    January 8, 2018 1:08 AM EST
    I always like the "beast master" concept, personally. Add in the fact that Aquaman is the king of an underwater city, and you get a pretty cool hero.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 25, 2018 11:41 PM EST

Dunkirk taught me that I'm easily startled, shamefully. There were way too many jumps for me while watching it... At least the movie theater wasn't that full! Mind you, it wasn't out of fear (I'm quite the fan of ~some~ horror movies and the feeling you get while riding a roller coaster or one of those free fall things, anything that will get your heart going), it was more due to the surprise shots and loud noises.

But I think that Dunkirk was probably the most well made movie I've seen this year, or maybe it's a tie with Blade Runner 2049. But anyway, here's my list, enjoyment-wise:

Dunkirk

Wonder-Woman

Blade Runner 2049

Star Wars The Last Jedi (except for the Rose parts...)

Murder on the Orient Express (it wasn't thaat good since the ending was "spoiled" to me, but I liked the guy who played Poirot) Edit: Oh, and it had Michelle Pfeiffer, so it can't be bad.

I didn't watch Thor. I did watch two MCU movies this year that I absolutely love, but I don't think they count since they were released before: Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man Homecoming.

This post was edited by Mr. at January 25, 2018 11:45 PM EST
    • 558 posts
    January 26, 2018 4:24 PM EST

I also heard Dunkirk was good. I don't think I've seen a real war movie before, but I am certainly not opposed to it.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 26, 2018 4:56 PM EST

Gollum said:

I also heard Dunkirk was good. I don't think I've seen a real war movie before, but I am certainly not opposed to it.

It is an amazing movie, very beautiful and touching, to see what those men went through. However, I think it was definitely a movie to be seen in the big screen, I'm not sure a television can properly capture this masterpiece.

• September 7, 2018 1:48 PM EDT
    Gollum said:

What is the best movie from 2017?

I didn't watch that many films this year, but if I had to choose one, I would pick War for the Planet of the Apes.

What is your answer?

I’m not gonna lie I cried twice watching that movie