Forums » General Gaming

POLL Your most anticipated games of 2018?

• 773 posts
    December 31, 2017 9:44 AM EST

Well, now that we have had our Game of the Year poll again, the next time-honoured Vault tradition is the annual 'Games we are most looking forward to in the coming year' poll.

Once again, I have spent literally hours (well, a few minutes) scouring the gaming sites and I think I've got most of the upcoming RPG / Open World style games that I think will be most likely to appeal to our demographic.

Of course, if I have forgotten a blindingly obvious one, feel free to berate me in the thread below. But for heavens sake TELL US IN THE THREAD!!! Sorry about shouting, it just grinds my gears when people vote for the 'any other' option and then don't bother with the explanation...

Now, remember - you can vote for multiple options in this poll. If you are looking forward to more than one, then vote for more than one! All votes cost the same low price...

• 1467 posts
    December 31, 2017 6:50 PM EST

Man, I gotta admit I'm so hurt that Last of Us 2 isn't doing a lot better. Gonna leave it at console exclusivity because the first was by far one of the best games I'd played in years at the time. Ah well, I'm also kind of interested in Final Fantasy 7 because it's a series I've always meant to get into and now seems like a really good time if they're remaking 7 (which I've heard is the best). Other then that

Darksiders III could interest me, I enjoyed the second game ever since I got it for free the other month. Red Dead Redemption could be alright, not sure, the first one wasn't my cup of coffee but I don't deny it was a good game. I'm just not much of a fan of the western genre I suppose. Uhh, that's all I can think of really, not too fussed on ESO because it can just be hard for me to play it (INTERNET) so I'm more interested in what's going to be announced at E3 and other big gaming conventions this year, that's where most of the really interesting stuff will come through I think.

• 34 posts
    January 1, 2018 8:24 AM EST

Monster Hunter: World not in the poll list?

I'm only slightly looking forwards to it anyway because I don't have a PS4/XB1 console for it anyway, but I pretty much don't care about any other upcoming game so that's it.

This post was edited by soly at January 1, 2018 8:25 AM EST
    • 50 posts
    January 1, 2018 8:30 AM EST

Mine has to be Red Dead Redemption 2; the first game was one of my favorite games. Second one I'm looking forward to is Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

This post was edited by Teekus at January 1, 2018 8:31 AM EST
    • 773 posts
    January 1, 2018 8:37 AM EST

Yeah, I saw Monster Hunter World in a few lists. Couldn't put every game in there, but it certainly looks interesting...

I voted for a few

ESO DLC/Chapters - I'm especially looking forward to the next Chapter (the 'follow up' to Morrowind), less so with any dungeons or PVP-type DLC. Rumour has it is that it will be a sizeable chunk of Black Marsh, and it would be awesome to be able to explore that mysterious land that we know so little about. 

Red Dead 2 - loved the first one, and the seocnd one would entertain me even if it is more of the same. Just a whole lot of fun going around on horseback rustling cattle and hunting down bad guys!

Final Fantasy VII - probably my first - and still fondly remembered - RPG game. This could either be amazing or a total car crash!

Cyberpunk 2077 - just because its same team as made Witcher 3. 'Nuff said...

Kingdom Come: Deliverance: I'm surprised this isn't gaining more votes, because it is being positioned as a 'historically-accurate Skyrim', with it being set in a world that is faithful to medieval history, whilst having deep and involved quests that can be completed in multiple ways. The ambition of this game is immense, and if they actually manage to pull it off then it could be incredible. Is nobody else excited by this game?

This post was edited by Paul at January 1, 2018 8:38 AM EST
    • 558 posts
    January 1, 2018 3:09 PM EST

Not sure if it's actually coming out this year, but the only game I am interested in is From Software's new game. All they've shown is a little teaser, so it is really just a brand thing for me, I guess.

• 1467 posts
    January 2, 2018 2:59 AM EST

Oh, again not sure if it's coming out, but I'm fairly interested in the new God of War game that I think is coming out this year. It's not a franchise I'd usually focus on but from what I've heard the new one seems fairly different and the trailer back at E3 was pretty great.

• 649 posts
    January 2, 2018 6:21 AM EST
    Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.
    • 44 posts
    January 2, 2018 9:32 AM EST

I voted for ESO DLC/Chapters and Vampyr seems interesting game.

• 69 posts
    January 2, 2018 3:12 PM EST

Paul said:

Final Fantasy VII - probably my first - and still fondly remembered - RPG game. This could either be amazing or a total car crash!

Cyberpunk 2077 - just because its same team as made Witcher 3. 'Nuff said...

FF is a favorite of mine and I hope it turns out to be great! Also I seemed to have missed that Cyberpunk is made by the same guys as Witcher 3, that has one of my votes! 

• 87 posts
    January 13, 2018 10:28 AM EST
    I’m so excited for Kingdom Come Deliverance. I’m surprised that it hasn’t gained more votes. From the Wiki: “Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a single-player experience with branching quest lines and a highly interactive world encouraging emergent gameplay. It will feature period-accurate armors and clothing, combat techniques, and real-world castles recreated with the assistance of architects and historians. The game will also contain period-accurate music recorded by Czech musicians.”
    • 558 posts
    January 13, 2018 1:36 PM EST

The Shadow of Colossus remaster for PS4. I didn't have any earlier Playstations, so I never got to play it.

• 17 posts
    January 14, 2018 12:50 AM EST

Mega-Dragonborn-of-Doom (1921) said:

MI'm more interested in what's going to be announced at E3 and other big gaming conventions this year, that's where most of the really interesting stuff will come through I think.

Same. I'm really curious about Starfield, I'm really hyped up at the idea of Bethesda developing a Mass Effect-like game... and also dreaming about the possiblity of any new info on a new Half-Life game lol

• 1441 posts
    January 14, 2018 1:13 AM EST
    Well, with some of the OG Half Life writers leaving, one of the devs did give plot details and whatnot
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 22, 2018 2:21 PM EST

1:34

Whatever these two guys are cooking up. They recently partnered with Private Division, a 2K publisher, so that means there's big money involved... I hope. These are the guys responsible for Fallout, Arcanum and Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. And I also hope that they actually get the time needed to get their game the way they want it to be, unlike what Activision did with VtMB (and that game was already really effing good, thanks to the patchs fans - Mr. wesp5 - provided and continues to provide. Imagine if the actual developers had the time?). 

Other than that, I'm also looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077;

Total War: Three Kingdoms (love the music!);

And Vampyr (It's still not a World of Darkness game, but it looks good enough);

Edit: I don't know if the videos worked. If they didn't, they were all trailers, except for the first one, which was "Private Division Label Announcement")

This post was edited by Mr. at January 22, 2018 2:25 PM EST
    • 273 posts
    January 22, 2018 9:20 PM EST

Gotta be Dark Souls Remastered for me, it'll be awesome to play the game with the community thriving.

• 558 posts
    January 22, 2018 10:16 PM EST

Yep, also looking forward to Dark Souls remastered.

I am mostly curious to see how well Blighttown gets improved. It's apparently going to be a solid 60 FPS, which is way better than the >5 FPS I got on Xbox 360. I also never got the Artorias DLC, so I will get to play that for the first time.

• 649 posts
    January 25, 2018 6:38 AM EST
    Has anyone been following those controversial debates about Kingdom Come Deliverence?
    • 87 posts
    January 25, 2018 6:45 AM EST
    Karver the Lorc said:
    Has anyone been following those controversial debates about Kingdom Come Deliverence?

What debates?
    • 649 posts
    January 25, 2018 6:50 AM EST
    It is kinda...bordering with something that shouldn't be discussed on this site, but... I don't know, it got under my skin. So I'm from Czech Republic, this game is being developed by Czech people and is set in Czech Kingdom in 15th century. And apparently Americans have attacked the studio, that the game is racist and sexist. Because there are no ethnic groups, only white people, and you don't get the option to make a female character. So was just wondering if someone stumbled on that or not.
    • 288 posts
    January 25, 2018 9:17 AM EST

That seems like a totally "american" problem to have with a game :D

If someone does not like it he/she is free not to play it, right?

Tbh, it is my assessment and opinion that such kind of ultra "political corectness" is hurting the american based gaming industry and decreasing the quality of their games. As a contrast, central Europe (Poland, Czech, etc.) is forming itself as the new centre for good gaming, as their companies do not suffer from such "restrictions"; just compare the fall of the Dragon Age series and the politically correct but utterly pointless and boring Mass Effect Andromeda with the rise and substance of the Witcher series.

Of course, if the admins deem this an off topic discussion, feel free to delete my post.

• 649 posts
    January 25, 2018 9:35 AM EST
    It seems that way. I read a Czech article about it just today, where it said that some people from JSW are focusing mainly on Daniel Vávra, calling him racist and ethno-fascist for making a "white" game. And when Vávra says he had a historian and several consults they say he just hired biased Czech historians. Like if we actually needed to be biased or something. It's just ridiculous.
    • 649 posts
    January 25, 2018 9:43 AM EST
    Oh and cherry on the top. Germany is supposedly going to boycot the game.
    • 558 posts
    January 25, 2018 12:22 PM EST

That is brave of them (games don't typically seem to go for historical accuracy that often). I've heard of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but I know little of what it is about.

• 1441 posts
    January 25, 2018 12:24 PM EST
    Overhate said:

That seems like a totally "american" problem to have with a game :D

If someone does not like it he/she is free not to play it, right?

Tbh, it is my assessment and opinion that such kind of ultra "political corectness" is hurting the american based gaming industry and decreasing the quality of their games. As a contrast, central Europe (Poland, Czech, etc.) is forming itself as the new centre for good gaming, as their companies do not suffer from such "restrictions"; just compare the fall of the Dragon Age series and the politically correct but utterly pointless and boring Mass Effect Andromeda with the rise and substance of the Witcher series.

Of course, if the admins deem this an off topic discussion, feel free to delete my post.

What do you mean Fall? Inquisition was great