Forums » Elder Scrolls

Ways to Re-Play Skyrim

• 1 posts
    December 22, 2017 1:28 PM EST
    I (and I'm pretty sure some of you too) have played Skyrim a lot of times. I would say that I've played it and re-played it in almost every possible way. I'm here for that reason: looking for creative, uncommon classes. I'm not asking for a combined class such as a battlemage, but for something much more creative. Perhaps it'd be better if I gave you an example: A few months ago I decided to replay Skyrim (again). My class?... Jesus. I made a breton look like Jesus and, using just a robe, the Dragonborn DLC Water-Walking boots and illusion magic, I played the whole game without killing anybody.
    After a lot of builds and classes like that, I've finally run out of ideas :(. Do you guys have any?
    • 275 posts
    December 22, 2017 1:36 PM EST

I just use a lot of mods and attempt a cosplay of a book or video game character. I've tried Starkiller from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Halt from the Ranger's Apprentice book series, Corvo from Dishonored, Geralt from The Witcher (still working on this), Vulcan from the underrated game Bound By Flame, Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Edward from Assassin's Creed, and I'm sure I've done at least 5 playthroughs of the Chosen Undead and the Bearer Of The Curse from Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2.

If you're going vanilla you can't go wrong with a PUNCHCAT.

• 295 posts
    December 22, 2017 2:16 PM EST

I have a Mr. Buttons build. He is in love with Farkas and did basically everything to please Farkas so he could marry him. He was a punch cat who scatters gems and flowers in his bed at Breezehome to prepare for the arrival of his beloved, Farkas. He did Companions and Mainquest. 

The Lovelorn Dragonborn

• 457 posts
    December 22, 2017 2:56 PM EST

The Longchapper and Deebs have been tackling builds that perk only a single skill. That could be a refreshing departure. 

The Crossworlds concept (which you utilize in your Jesus build) has helped me quite a few times. 

Also, keep your eyes peeled for other CB events. I find the parameters that are set for each new event often inspire me to think a bit outside what I would normally do otherwise. 

While I don't create them, character profiles have helped a lot of members go DEEP into character, which in turn, has helped add some longevity to their playthroughs. 

Mini builds are another way to play for folks who want to feel like they've completed a playthrough without feeling like they're suffering from restart-itis ;D

This post was edited by ShinJin at December 22, 2017 2:58 PM EST
    • 34 posts
    December 22, 2017 4:19 PM EST

Going deep into character does, in my experience, really, really help with playthrough engagement. Some characters hit level five, or ten, or twenty, and you feel like you're just going through the motions. Having a character-driven goal helps a lot with this. How, in fact, does this character respond to this person? Two different characters respond to that in two different ways, and thinking about how the current character, in particular, would go about this is very handy for making a playthrough feel fresh and new.

Another option is modding the game, which has the possibility to make the playthrough actually fresh and new.

• 278 posts
    December 22, 2017 7:01 PM EST

A few people on the Vault might realise this. but Lilmothiit strike a special strinhg with me. It's always been fun for me to play as one and imagine how he might feel in a world that he's not used to all on his own.

• 585 posts
    December 23, 2017 9:02 AM EST

soly said:

Going deep into character does, in my experience, really, really help with playthrough engagement. Some characters hit level five, or ten, or twenty, and you feel like you're just going through the motions. Having a character-driven goal helps a lot with this. How, in fact, does this character respond to this person? Two different characters respond to that in two different ways, and thinking about how the current character, in particular, would go about this is very handy for making a playthrough feel fresh and new.

Another option is modding the game, which has the possibility to make the playthrough actually fresh and new.

I'm gonna back up soly here, roleplay can make any playthrough feel fresh, regardless of gameplay. To what extent have you RPed before, pablo?