Forums » The Lounge

The Clone Wars: Your Thoughts

• 278 posts
    December 11, 2017 1:09 AM EST

Inspired by the ... interesting 'Rank the Star Wars Movies' forum topic, I've decided to ask this question. What did you think of the Clone Wars TV series? I actually thought that after the first two, rather campy, silly first season and the mediocre second season, it actually became honestly quite good and in my opionon was better than any of the Prequels. Every character had more depth, and it expanded on the lore a ton. Also, they actually made you care for the Clone Troopers, so there's that. I geniuenlly remember a Clone in red-armor dying more than any moment in the Prequels save the 'NOOOOOOOOOOO'. Your Thoughts?

This post was edited by Wulfhedinn at December 11, 2017 1:10 AM EST
    • 1441 posts
    December 11, 2017 1:13 AM EST

Actually said No was a Force Scream Vader used trying to kill Palpy. Also, loved every second 

• 558 posts
    December 11, 2017 1:20 AM EST
    I watched TCW when it was on TV occasionally, but I was never really into it. I heard that the "no" was the word interpreter on Vader's helmet trying to translate an inhuman scream. I just think that it is poor dialogue.
    • 278 posts
    December 11, 2017 1:22 AM EST

Chris said:

Actually said No was a Force Scream Vader used trying to kill Palpy. Also, loved every second 

Don't understand the first part, but yeah, it was really good, wasn't it? And not at all like the trashy Prequels. Sorry, Gollum.

• 278 posts
    December 11, 2017 1:23 AM EST

Gollum said: I watched TCW when it was on TV occasionally, but I was never really into it. I heard that the "no" was the word interpreter on Vader's helmet trying to translate an inhuman scream. I just think that it is poor dialogue.

I don't agree with you on Prequels, but yeah. Terrible dialogue.

• 1441 posts
    December 11, 2017 1:35 AM EST

Wulfhedinn said:

Chris said:

Don't understand the first part, but yeah, it was really good, wasn't it? And not at all like the trashy Prequels. Sorry, Gollum.

Basically, a Force Scream is basically Star Wars Fus Roh Dah mixed with Black Canary 

• 1467 posts
    December 11, 2017 1:49 AM EST

Eh, I never really watched it. I've kept roughly up to date on the events (so I know about most of the stuff that does an excellent job at justifying Anikan's conflict, rather than him just doing evil things constantly). Really, what it does best is just fill in the blanks, the Clone Wars is theoretically the most interesting part of the current canon as far as I'm concerned and if they made a version of the Clone Wars that's a bit darker than the animated show, I'd be all for it. I think that's what gets me, I know that it's relatively dark, but it's still a kids show at the end of the day and there's only so far that you can go with that sort of thing.

But yeah, I guess really I'm more interested in the concept than actually watching it (even though I have Netflix). I suppose it could just be the earlier seasons being very campy that puts me off watching it, might just read a summery of the first couple seasons and skip to whenever you think it gets good.

Also, in defense of the prequels (kinda, not really), I think that the TV format just allows for more complex characters that are just impossible in a movie. I read a novelized form of the prequels at some point, and was actually rather enthralled for the most part, much more enjoyable than watching it (mostly because...yeah the dialogue sounds a lot worse when it's coming from someone's mouth), the characters feel way more real in the book. Quite enjoyed Padme there while I disliked her after PM.

• 1441 posts
    December 11, 2017 2:16 AM EST

Mega-Dragonborn-of-Doom (1921) said:

Eh, I never really watched it. I've kept roughly up to date on the events (so I know about most of the stuff that does an excellent job at justifying Anikan's conflict, rather than him just doing evil things constantly). Really, what it does best is just fill in the blanks, the Clone Wars is theoretically the most interesting part of the current canon as far as I'm concerned and if they made a version of the Clone Wars that's a bit darker than the animated show, I'd be all for it. I think that's what gets me, I know that it's relatively dark, but it's still a kids show at the end of the day and there's only so far that you can go with that sort of thing.

But yeah, I guess really I'm more interested in the concept than actually watching it (even though I have Netflix). I suppose it could just be the earlier seasons being very campy that puts me off watching it, might just read a summery of the first couple seasons and skip to whenever you think it gets good.

Also, in defense of the prequels (kinda, not really), I think that the TV format just allows for more complex characters that are just impossible in a movie. I read a novelized form of the prequels at some point, and was actually rather enthralled for the most part, much more enjoyable than watching it (mostly because...yeah the dialogue sounds a lot worse when it's coming from someone's mouth), the characters feel way more real in the book. Quite enjoyed Padme there while I disliked her after PM.

I had two books that chronicled the then 6 films' events, and some inbetween, from Anakin and Obi-Wan's perspectives 

• 87 posts
    December 13, 2017 11:32 PM EST

No offence to Jake Lloyd but... 5 words:

"Now this is pod racing!"

Shoot me... 

• 558 posts
    December 14, 2017 2:55 AM EST
    Eh, still not as bad as "But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"