Forums » The Lounge

Favorite Movie Line?

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2017 11:54 AM EST

Title says it all. My favorites would have to be a tie between Doc Holiday's "I'm your Huckleberry" in Tombstone and Wooderson's "Alright Alright Alright" in Dazed and Confused. Both had way too many good one liners which made deciding between them a challenge alone. If you haven't watched either, you're missing out so bad!

Image result for alright alright alright

Related image

So what are your favorites? And why is Matthew Mcconaughey so cool?

• 457 posts
    December 8, 2017 3:28 PM EST

Gonna have to think about this... with so many awesome movies, so many great one-liners, and many memorable quotes, you'd think it would be a no-lose situation--pick one and you're good--but I'd still find a way to screw it up xD

Gotta say, though... "I'm your huckleberry" is definitely on my short list ;D

This post was edited by ShinJin at December 8, 2017 3:30 PM EST
    • 275 posts
    December 8, 2017 3:39 PM EST

My favorite would probably be from Sherlock. It's a TV series instead of a movie but these "episodes" are almost 2 hours long and there's only 3 every season so they might as well be. Sherlock Holmes is not a psychopath.

Edit: It's tied with this.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at December 8, 2017 3:41 PM EST
    • 457 posts
    December 8, 2017 4:15 PM EST

Okay. No way I could choose between favorites, but I CAN share the one I find myself quoting most often. It's from The Princess Bride:

This post was edited by ShinJin at December 8, 2017 4:53 PM EST
    • 585 posts
    December 8, 2017 4:58 PM EST

Gotta go with the Princess Bride as well, but for a different Inigo Montoya quote.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Shivers every time.

• 457 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:31 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

Gotta go with the Princess Bride as well, but for a different Inigo Montoya quote.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Shivers every time.

xD

• 1467 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:37 PM EST

Uh, yeah it's a hard one for me. I'm honestly torn between half the lines from 300 (the first ZS one, yes, it's fucking good >.>) or just about everything that the Joker says in The Dark Knight. The entire scene from Monty Python's Life of Brian where they're talking about everything the Romans have done is pretty great too, and the conversation in The Holy Grail with the peasants and King Arthur.

My choices seem lamer, but hey I love 'em :D

• 585 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:52 PM EST

Mega-Dragonborn-of-Doom (1921) said:

Uh, yeah it's a hard one for me. I'm honestly torn between half the lines from 300 (the first ZS one, yes, it's fucking good >.>) or just about everything that the Joker says in The Dark Knight. The entire scene from Monty Python's Life of Brian where they're talking about everything the Romans have done is pretty great too, and the conversation in The Holy Grail with the peasants and King Arthur.

Good shout with Monty Python actually, I'm convinced there's more quotable stuff in their stuff than the rest of film history combined.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

• 278 posts
    December 10, 2017 7:10 PM EST

No. 3 - The MCU

No. 2 - Lord of the Rings 

No. 1 - Star Wars 

• 743 posts
    December 11, 2017 9:57 AM EST

Mega-Dragonborn-of-Doom (1921) said:

I forgot about Monty Python. 

"A holy hand grenade!"

• 558 posts
    December 11, 2017 11:36 AM EST
    This is hard because I rarely watch movies. And many of the movies I like I haven't seen in a while, so I'll go for some low-hanging fruit. "GET TO THE CHOPPAH" from Predator and "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent" from The Phantom Menace