Forums » The Lounge

My changed view of Elder Scrolls.

• December 3, 2017 8:27 PM EST

As some or many of you may know I was never into fantasy one bit. I could look at it and "see" why people could like/love it. Hell, I created a thread asking why just because I would to know other's answer, and almost everyone had a great reply on that thread. I still wasn't statifsed, and I began to become more intrested in my question "Why can't I get into Fantasy?" Well a good friend of mine had passed away, and I got all of his games and in the bag was Skyrim. I threw it tot he side and thought no more about it, until that was kind of all I was thinking. I kept thinking "What makes this game so great and why do people love the Elder Scrolls series for?"

Well, I gave it a chance and after two hours I just couldn't get into it and threw aside, but while playing KOTR, Knights of the Old Republic I began to relize something. "Why can I accepet the fact that games like Mass Effect and movies like Star Wars have different alien species, but not Elves, Dragons, and etc?" That question bugged me. So I decided to give the Elder Scrolls and Skyrim a second chance, and even began to read the basics of the Lore, and the first I noticed was that The Hist is an anagram for The Sith, and I posted that on here, and Tein mention Sithis, the Argonians, and the simliarites between the two.

So I began to read about Sithis, The Hist, and the Argonians and it finally hit me. Why I couldn't get Elder Scrolls or even Skyrim, and was because of two reasons. One, I never gave it a fair shot nor did I want to learn anything about it, and Two, Elder Scrolls is no different, though I know there are quit a lot, from Star Wars with the differen races and even Magic. For how could I accepet the Force, but not Magic when the two are kind of the same in a matter of speaking.

So I downloaded some recomended mods, and I began to Skyrim again and made a black Argonian and named him after my favorite Sith Lord, Darth Nihilus. As I was leaving Helgen and began to go from there I began to noticed I was having fun and getting immersed in the world, and soon I got my answer I was looking for. In Skyrim, I can be a Argonian who follows Sithis and the Hist, who uses shock spells like the force lighting or illusion spells to mimic the mind tricks, and just be a shady person like Sith Lord are in Fallout or any other Post-Apcolyatic game or Sci-Fi game I can't do that. I can't shoot lighting and scream UNLIMITED POWER! while killing a rabbit. I can't assassinate people in the name of a "God" that everyone hates. Most important though I can't someone that has good Lore behind them.

Don't get me wrong I still and always will love Fallout to no end, but now I think I can slowly add Elder Scrolls to that list as well. Thank you for reading for this, and I hope you have an awesome day, mroing, or night depending on where you are at.

Hail Sithis!

• 69 posts
    December 3, 2017 10:20 PM EST

Sorry to hear about your friend Sith. The world of Skyrim sure is a blast once you have a reason to get into it, and I'm glad that you found that something to guide you there. I'm sure you'll have a wealth of experiances, I know I did when I entered the game... Just don't kill the livestock whatever you do :P

Hope you end up having as much fun with the Fantasy genre as I do!

• 457 posts
    December 3, 2017 10:43 PM EST

REALLY looking forward to that Sith build, btw ;D

• 55 posts
    December 3, 2017 10:54 PM EST
    Darth Postman Build!
  • December 3, 2017 11:14 PM EST

FlamezSword said:

Sorry to hear about your friend Sith. The world of Skyrim sure is a blast once you have a reason to get into it, and I'm glad that you found that something to guide you there. I'm sure you'll have a wealth of experiances, I know I did when I entered the game... Just don't kill the livestock whatever you do :P

Hope you end up having as much fun with the Fantasy genre as I do!

Thank you, man. Yeah, I did find something to guide Lizard People and their unique culture and concepts. Yeah...I killed a chicken by accident, and the whole town was on me let's just say they won...this time.

I do, too man, I do, too.

• December 3, 2017 11:16 PM EST

ShinJin said:

REALLY looking forward to that Sith build, btw ;D

Thanks, man, and trust me I hope it is great.

• December 3, 2017 11:17 PM EST

Amornar said: Darth Postman Build!

Yes! Just Yes!

• 585 posts
    December 4, 2017 1:08 PM EST

That's what I'm talking about Posty! Sometimes in order to familiarise yourself with something foreign you need to use something you know, and you've hit the nail on the head here. Before you know it you'll forget all about the Sith and jump into the world of Aedra, Daedra and all the stuff in between.

The only criticism I have for this thread is that you didn't reference everyone's favourite Sith, Dark Plagueis the Wise...

• December 4, 2017 1:14 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

That's what I'm talking about Posty! Sometimes in order to familiarise yourself with something foreign you need to use something you know, and you've hit the nail on the head here. Before you know it you'll forget all about the Sith and jump into the world of Aedra, Daedra and all the stuff in between.

The only criticism I have for this thread is that you didn't reference everyone's favourite Sith, Dark Plagueis the Wise...

Yeah, pretty much that is all it took, and I have done that slowly but surely.

Nah, I think everyone's would be Darth Vadar, most don't go that deep into Star Wars Lore.

P.S. Darth Maul is my favorite of all time.