Forums » The Lounge

Random thoughts thread

• 321 posts
    December 7, 2017 11:36 PM EST

The Sith Lord said:

Mega-Dragonborn-of-Doom (1921) said:

I was on the Jedi side for a long time, but as I got older I started to see the flaws in their system, and they were big ones. How can you be good if you go around abducting children becuase they can use the force? The Sith, on the other side... You'll be surprised to see just how good the bad guys can be.

Yeah, there's a really good reason why old Extended Universe Luke said, "hey fuck most of what ya'll do" and just didn't follow massive chunks of the Jedi Code. I could kind of understand it if there was something that meant they had to be trained that young (you know. They'd die otherwise, or cause monumental damage to everything around them just by existing) then I could kind of justify it, but honestly... yeah the Jedi are fucked up, well the Old Republic mostly. I mean, I think the Sith do the same thing from time to time, but there are just genuinely 'not-evil' Sith out there. I mean, Count Dooku wasn't that bad until the Clone Wars show and even then he's arguably just a pawn or war-time leader depending on your POV. 

But yeah, lots of flaws in the Jedi System.

The main difference is that The Jedi believe that What Is should stay What Is while Sithis believes in What Is should be To Be, you know.

The solution is simple: Be a Grey Jedi.

• 1467 posts
    December 7, 2017 11:40 PM EST

Exactly right Kaiser :D

• December 7, 2017 11:45 PM EST

KaiserSoSay said:

The Sith Lord said:

Mega-Dragonborn-of-Doom (1921) said:

I was on the Jedi side for a long time, but as I got older I started to see the flaws in their system, and they were big ones. How can you be good if you go around abducting children becuase they can use the force? The Sith, on the other side... You'll be surprised to see just how good the bad guys can be.

Yeah, there's a really good reason why old Extended Universe Luke said, "hey fuck most of what ya'll do" and just didn't follow massive chunks of the Jedi Code. I could kind of understand it if there was something that meant they had to be trained that young (you know. They'd die otherwise, or cause monumental damage to everything around them just by existing) then I could kind of justify it, but honestly... yeah the Jedi are fucked up, well the Old Republic mostly. I mean, I think the Sith do the same thing from time to time, but there are just genuinely 'not-evil' Sith out there. I mean, Count Dooku wasn't that bad until the Clone Wars show and even then he's arguably just a pawn or war-time leader depending on your POV. 

But yeah, lots of flaws in the Jedi System.

The main difference is that The Jedi believe that What Is should stay What Is while Sithis believes in What Is should be To Be, you know.

The solution is simple: Be a Grey Jedi.

Eh, true but Siths wear black, have red lightsabers, have cool names, and are pretty metal which is all awesome, lol.

• 321 posts
    December 8, 2017 9:50 AM EST

It's so satisfying when you finally get to land a perfectly timed combo when playing fighting games.

• 558 posts
    December 8, 2017 10:52 AM EST
    What fighting game?
    • 321 posts
    December 8, 2017 11:42 AM EST

Gollum said: What fighting game?

Any fighting game really. Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Injustice, etc.

But mainly, Guilty Gear, and Blazblue.

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2017 11:57 AM EST

The Beatles are insanely overrated.

• 558 posts
    December 8, 2017 10:04 PM EST
    Rogue with the fighting words
    • 1441 posts
    December 8, 2017 10:16 PM EST

In the words of my Aussie friend known as Boomshakalaka673, "My penis is a shotgun that shoots spiders." And his default answer to questions, "My mum." 

• 585 posts
    December 9, 2017 3:51 AM EST

Rogue said:

The Beatles are insanely overrated.

As a Brit I approve of this post.