Forums » Fallout

How would you rank all the Fallout DLC?

• 585 posts
    November 28, 2017 10:42 AM EST

The Postman said:

Really? I have heard that The Pitt is the best DLC for Fallout 3. I like The Pitt for one simple reason there isn't a "right choice" Point Lookout is fine to me, but the whole Lovecraft theme kind of puts me off on it a little, which is weird because I love Lovecraft. Also, who is the Youtuber?

Huh, maybe I'm mistaken, all these names confuse me so it wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong!

Oh, and the Youtuber is Many A True Nerd. I know Legion likes him, but I haven't seen him discussed around here so I don't know how everyone else feels.

• November 28, 2017 10:53 AM EST

Zonnonn said:

The Postman said:

Really? I have heard that The Pitt is the best DLC for Fallout 3. I like The Pitt for one simple reason there isn't a "right choice" Point Lookout is fine to me, but the whole Lovecraft theme kind of puts me off on it a little, which is weird because I love Lovecraft. Also, who is the Youtuber?

Huh, maybe I'm mistaken, all these names confuse me so it wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong!

Oh, and the Youtuber is Many A True Nerd. I know Legion likes him, but I haven't seen him discussed around here so I don't know how everyone else feels.

Eh, it's alright, man. Nobody can remember everything, lol.

Ah, MATN is one of three "Fallout" Youtubers I enjoy and watched all their videos.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    November 29, 2017 4:48 PM EST

The Postman said:

Mr. Edd said:

Never got around to playing Fallout 4 DLCs. My enthusiasm for the game dies way too soon when I'm playing it. Also, I have never played Operation Anchorage, as I never built a character for which it would make sense for him to do that DLC.

Keep in mind that I love the first four:

1. The Pitt

2. Honest Hearts

3. Point Lookout (tied with 4, really)

4. Dead Money

5. Broken Steel

6. Old World Blues (loved the characters, but the first time I played it way too soon and ended up getting my ass kicked. Probably deserver a higher rank)

7. Lonesome Road (I like the story, but I don't like it because it ends up forcing backstory to your character's story: the same reason I dislike Fallout 4)

8. Mothership Zeta (This was just... Gosh...)

If I could put a mod in here, I would put the someguy series for New Vegas above all official DLCs.

Atleast we agree on Mothership Zeta being dead last. I can get your point behind Lonesome Road, but the forced doesn't bug me because I never actually roleplay so I don't care. Dead Money and Old World Blues being below Honest Hearts is quite weird as I have always thought Honest Hearts was the weaker of the four, but I digress. The Pitt being number one though does make me happy, lol.

It was tough ranking the first four, but as for Honest Hearts, I loved the concept, the lore and I love the character of Joshua Graham. Even though it could have been better executed, I rank those characteristics higher than the DLC's shortcomings. Its story and plot also resonated really well with one of my main New Vegas characters in his story's beginning.

This post was edited by Mr. at November 29, 2017 4:48 PM EST
  • November 29, 2017 4:58 PM EST

Mr. Edd said:

The Postman said:

Mr. Edd said:

Never got around to playing Fallout 4 DLCs. My enthusiasm for the game dies way too soon when I'm playing it. Also, I have never played Operation Anchorage, as I never built a character for which it would make sense for him to do that DLC.

Keep in mind that I love the first four:

1. The Pitt

2. Honest Hearts

3. Point Lookout (tied with 4, really)

4. Dead Money

5. Broken Steel

6. Old World Blues (loved the characters, but the first time I played it way too soon and ended up getting my ass kicked. Probably deserver a higher rank)

7. Lonesome Road (I like the story, but I don't like it because it ends up forcing backstory to your character's story: the same reason I dislike Fallout 4)

8. Mothership Zeta (This was just... Gosh...)

If I could put a mod in here, I would put the someguy series for New Vegas above all official DLCs.

Atleast we agree on Mothership Zeta being dead last. I can get your point behind Lonesome Road, but the forced doesn't bug me because I never actually roleplay so I don't care. Dead Money and Old World Blues being below Honest Hearts is quite weird as I have always thought Honest Hearts was the weaker of the four, but I digress. The Pitt being number one though does make me happy, lol.

It was tough ranking the first four, but as for Honest Hearts, I loved the concept, the lore and I love the character of Joshua Graham. Even though it could have been better executed, I rank those characteristics higher than the DLC's shortcomings. Its story and plot also resonated really well with one of my main New Vegas characters in his story's beginning.

Ah, that is fair, and I do have to agree on that Joshua Graham is a great character and one of my favorites of all time.