Forums » Introduce Yourself

Lurking since Ning; first post!

• 6 posts
    November 16, 2017 9:02 PM EST
    Hello everyone!

As the title suggests, I've been a huge fan of this community since the Ning days. I remember coming here to look at builds and wonder how so many people had been so creative. I thought I was the only sneaky archer around haha ;)

Nowadays, I play SSE on the PS4 and make do with the mods available. The special edition graphics are a huge step up from its vanilla predecessor and I'm thoroughly enjoying my first playthrough after years of not playing.

I've got a Fanfiction in the works as well as I aim to be a novelist in the coming years and Skyrim's rich lore and world make for a great foundation for my writing practice. Not sure how well written stories are received but I hope to get some good feedback in due time.

If you guys have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask! I'm a real sucker for an online community/family!

- Abraham
    This post was edited by fulminata9 at November 16, 2017 9:46 PM EST
    • 1595 posts
    November 16, 2017 9:40 PM EST

Hello, I am glad you decided to join us Abraham :) What does your username signify? And don't worry, I think we're all sneaky archers at heart :D So, another aspiring writer joins us - you're in good company as many of our most active members are both writers and extremely helpful in their feedback, plus there are lots resources available in the Story corner to look into. Make yourself at home, mate :)

• 6 posts
    November 16, 2017 9:52 PM EST
    Paws said:

Hello, I am glad you decided to join us Abraham :) What does your username signify? And don't worry, I think we're all sneaky archers at heart :D So, another aspiring writer joins us - you're in good company as many of our most active members are both writers and extremely helpful in their feedback, plus there are lots resources available in the Story corner to look into. Make yourself at home, mate :)

Hi Paws! Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm glad that there are so many writers here. It would be hard to grow tired of such an active forum! As for your question, my username means Lightning in Latin (I'm pretty sure at least) and the 9 is just a random number I picked to differentiate myself from the person who already picked fulminata. I will definitely check out the Story corner! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I look forward to hanging with you in the future!
  • November 16, 2017 10:03 PM EST

Welcome, and if you are looking for a warm/welcoming community you have found it, man. Everyone here, will treat you right, and make you feel right at home.

Also, Fulminata does mean Lightning as well as Thunderbolt.

• 248 posts
    November 16, 2017 11:53 PM EST

Many warm welcomes fulminata. It's always nice to see a long time lurker come out of the shadows :D  The Story Corner is def an amazing place. Welcome aboard. 

• 122 posts
    November 17, 2017 6:54 AM EST
    Welcome aboard, Fulmi! Glad to meetcha! I wish I had a console mod or two I could recommend, but I’m afraid I’m too poor for consoles and just use a PC.
    • 6 posts
    November 17, 2017 11:47 AM EST

The Postman said:

Welcome, and if you are looking for a warm/welcoming community you have found it, man. Everyone here, will treat you right, and make you feel right at home.

Thank you! I feel welcome already! Are you fluent in latin, Postman?

Mottyskills said:

Many warm welcomes fulminata. It's always nice to see a long time lurker come out of the shadows :D  The Story Corner is def an amazing place. Welcome aboard.

Hi Motty, thanks for the warm welcome! I've yet to post in TSC, but I took a look at it last night and was surprised by the amount of active conversations. I hope to see you around in the future, mate!

Mercurias said:

Welcome aboard, Fulmi! Glad to meetcha! I wish I had a console mod or two I could recommend, but I’m afraid I’m too poor for consoles and just use a PC.

Haha! I can't tell if you're joking, Mercurias! I feel the PC version is vastly superior to the PS4 version; especially with the amount of mods you have at your disposal.

• 261 posts
    November 17, 2017 2:13 PM EST

Hallo! Always good to see another writer here!

• November 17, 2017 2:21 PM EST

fulminata9 said:

The Postman said:

Thank you! I feel welcome already! Are you fluent in latin, Postman?

No, I am not fluent in Latin, but I had a friend who was very fluent in Latin to the point where he spoke it more then he did English, his native tongue, and I looked through his dictionary.

• 585 posts
    November 18, 2017 4:38 AM EST

Hey, Abe, welcome to the site! I was exactly the same when I found the site - turns out my idea to enchant my bow to make my sneak-archer even more powerful wasn't as original as I thought :P Well as the others said its nice to see another writer around here, you guys do awesome work and I'm sure you'll be no different!

• 69 posts
    November 19, 2017 9:00 PM EST

Welcome Abraham, glad to see you out and about under a username now. Coming from another long-time lurker I've gotten myself a bit acquainted with where to go for things, and if you need feedback on your writting feel free to ask!

• 6 posts
    November 19, 2017 11:29 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

Hey, Abe, welcome to the site! I was exactly the same when I found the site - turns out my idea to enchant my bow to make my sneak-archer even more powerful wasn't as original as I thought :P Well as the others said its nice to see another writer around here, you guys do awesome work and I'm sure you'll be no different!

Hey Zonnonn! Haha, I know how you feel! I was never very fond of adding enchantments to my weapons outside of Soul Trap, but I did enjoy how you could name and customize them! I haven't played in a while but I plan on smithing a nice Elven sword and naming it 'Falchion'. If only PS4 was allowed better mods, I'd love to make some unique weapons.

Thank you for the kind words and I hope that in the near future you'll enjoy reading the fanfic I'm currently working on!

FlamezSword said:

Welcome Abraham, glad to see you out and about under a username now. Coming from another long-time lurker I've gotten myself a bit acquainted with where to go for things, and if you need feedback on your writting feel free to ask!

Thank you Flame! I'm fond of this username as I feel it fits me quite well ;)

I would love for you to look over some of the ideas I had, if you're willing to hear me out. Not sure if you'll see this reply, but I'll send you a message if you're interested/not-busy!

• 69 posts
    November 20, 2017 2:47 PM EST

fulminata9 said:

I would love for you to look over some of the ideas I had, if you're willing to hear me out. Not sure if you'll see this reply, but I'll send you a message if you're interested/not-busy!

Indeed I have seen the reply, I sent you a friend request so you can send me a message :)

• 4 posts
    November 22, 2017 7:01 PM EST

Hey there! I was a lurker for a really long time too. I hope I see you around TSC soon, I'm writing some stuff for skyrim as well. If you want proofreading or to bounce some ideas off someone shoot me a message.

• 6 posts
    November 23, 2017 4:44 PM EST
    Caedrus said:

Hey there! I was a lurker for a really long time too. I hope I see you around TSC soon, I'm writing some stuff for skyrim as well. If you want proofreading or to bounce some ideas off someone shoot me a message.

I'm gonna PM you mate, I've got a few questions I hope you can answer!