Forums » General Gaming

Black Friday 2017 Thread

• 248 posts
    November 13, 2017 5:25 PM EST

Every year around this time I try to keep an eye out for good gaming deals. It's a pretty killer time to load up on a year's worth of fun if you're so inclined. 

Between Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Gamestop, early reports have some notable titles and sales:

Skyrim SE ($15)
    Fallout 4 GOTY Ed ($30)
    Horizon Zero Dawn ($20 - though I'll prob wait for the complete ed)
    Rise of the Tomb Raider ($20 - PS4 20 yr celebration edition)
    Assassin's Creed Origins ($29)
    Wolfenstein 2: The New Collossus ($25)
    The Evil Within 2 ($25)
    Middle Earth: Shadow of War ($30)
    Witcher 3 Complete Ed. ($25 in store, $20 on Playstation Store)
    Prey ($20)

If you see something pop up that you want to bring to people's attention - feel free to leave a comment and I'll add it. I'm especially interested to see if I can snag Witcher 3 Complete Ed. for a nice discount. 

What game are you asking for / buying for yourself this holiday season?!

Update: IGN has an constantly updated list and they note which ones are LIVE.

This post was edited by Mottyskills at November 22, 2017 10:15 AM EST
    • 457 posts
    November 14, 2017 12:07 PM EST

Fantastic thread (hitting the 'Watch Topic' button for this one)!

BTW, this thread has made the site's Twitter page ;D

• 261 posts
    November 14, 2017 12:18 PM EST

Though it won't be discounted, I am so hyped for Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. It takes everything from Sun/Moon and improves on it! Plus, y'know, the return of Team Rocket to a main-series game.

• November 14, 2017 12:28 PM EST

I will be getting Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2, Fallout 4 GOTY, Fallout 3, and New Vegas for Xbox One.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at November 14, 2017 12:34 PM EST
    • 248 posts
    November 14, 2017 12:37 PM EST

The Postman said:

I will be getting Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2, Fallout 4 GOTY, Fallout 3, and New Vegas for Xbox One.

I'm wrapping up Wolfenstein 2. It's really really good. For the price, certainly worth it. 

• November 14, 2017 12:49 PM EST

Mottyskills said:

The Postman said:

I'm wrapping up Wolfenstein 2. It's really really good. For the price, certainly worth it. 

Thanks for telling me, man. I did get it when it was released but due to personal reasons, it got broke in half, and anyways I would get it anyway because I am a fan of Wolfenstein.

• 457 posts
    November 14, 2017 2:21 PM EST

Still not done playing Skyrim, BUT my brother-in-law has pre-ordered a copy of Skyrim VR, and he's invited me over to check it out when he gets it. While I don't see me giving up the PC in order to start flailing my arms around all over the place, I still think a VR Skyrim has the potential to be pretty freaking fun :D

• 248 posts
    November 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST

Little update from Gamestop.

Glad I waited on Witcher 3 Complete Ed. = $25! Book it! 

• 248 posts
    November 20, 2017 10:29 AM EST

Updated with IGN's contantly updated list. Many of the sales are starting to go live this morning.

• 248 posts
    November 22, 2017 10:13 AM EST

For those of us on PS4  - Playstation Store has announced a huge catalog of discounts including the aforementioned Witcher 3 Complete Ed for $19.99. Pretty incredible!

• 248 posts
    November 28, 2017 12:38 AM EST
    Well - what did ya buy?

I snagged Witcher 3 Complete and Tomb Raider 20yr Ed both from PlayStation store for about $19.99 each. I’m about level 4 in on Witcher. I can def see why it’s so well regarded.
    • 288 posts
    November 28, 2017 2:48 AM EST

Ahoy, mateys. Here in Tortuga every day is Black Friday. 100% discount for everyone, arrrrrrrrrrr! :P

• November 28, 2017 8:02 AM EST

Mottyskills said: Well - what did ya buy? I snagged Witcher 3 Complete and Tomb Raider 20yr Ed both from PlayStation store for about $19.99 each. I’m about level 4 in on Witcher. I can def see why it’s so well regarded.

I got a 32' inch Vizio TV, 500 GB Xbox One S, Fallout 3 GOTY, Fallout New Vegas GOTY, Fallout 4 GOTY, Wolfenstein/The Old Blood combo pack, Wolfenstein 2, a 2 TB External Harddrive.

• 248 posts
    November 28, 2017 9:59 AM EST

Damn Postman is ready for winter :)

• November 28, 2017 10:14 AM EST

Mottyskills said:

Damn Postman is ready for winter :)

I know right, but I just had to replace the items that a crazy ex-girlfriend/fiancee destroyed.

• 558 posts
    November 28, 2017 12:21 PM EST
    I got Shadow of War for twenty-five bucks at Gamestop. The story is worse than the first one so far (and the first one wasn't that good), but there seems to be more content. I am happy I got it for the price I got it at, because at sixty dollars I would have been disappointed with it. The Nemesis system is still great, and on the Nemesis difficulty the game is really challenging.