Forums » Elder Scrolls

Do you ever hear songs from other sources while playing Skyrim?

• 83 posts
    November 12, 2017 7:59 AM EST

I mean songs that fit the current scenario in which your character is involved.

For example, when I fight for the Companions and am on Purity of Revenge, the multiball theme from Attack Mars pinball comes to mind.

When I work my way through the College, the Harry Potter theme song comes to mind.

If I am RP'ing a stealth character, Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson is what is in my mental playlist.

• 275 posts
    November 12, 2017 11:21 AM EST

Strength Of A Thousand Men for dragon fights.

To Glory for the walk through Skuldafn and Sovngarde and Miraak's black book, or just any other badass situation.

• 278 posts
    November 12, 2017 11:34 AM EST

The Shire theme whenever I'm exploring. It's a masterpiece and fits walking through forests like Falkreath so well.

• 29 posts
    November 12, 2017 7:34 PM EST
    I could make dozens of playlists on spotify with the stuff I hear. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sOOebk_dKFo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0R-0ey4kchc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qw5G6fF-wqQ
    • 167 posts
    November 12, 2017 9:05 PM EST

I use the Fantasy Soundtrack project mod when playing skyrim so it has a good amount of fantasy genre tracks not sure if that counts though.

• 743 posts
    November 13, 2017 9:31 AM EST

I never do. I've tried playing my favorite music and it just doesn't go with the feel and immersion Skyrim has to offer. I do like the look of these suggestions, though. May have to try them out.

• 585 posts
    November 13, 2017 2:00 PM EST

Rogue said:

I never do. I've tried playing my favorite music and it just doesn't go with the feel and immersion Skyrim has to offer. I do like the look of these suggestions, though. May have to try them out.

Exactly my thinking. Sometimes its nice to crank up the tunes when you're just pissing about killing bandits and stuff, but if I wanna get really immersed (which is most the time, given that RP is my shiz) then often I don't even have the in game music on. There ain't no pop or rock in Tamriel, so there ain't none in my game.

• 83 posts
    November 15, 2017 8:56 AM EST

I just thought of one (and facepalmed myself for not thinking of it sooner!)

The Mos Eisley Cantina theme from Star Wars: A New Hope while in the Thieves' Guild.

• 457 posts
    November 15, 2017 12:02 PM EST

Actually, most of the playing I do is very early in the morning before the kids start getting up, so I keep the volume almost off xD

BUT I do occassionally get to crank things up a bit, and I've let my playlist play a few times while I've played the game. Sometimes the results have been staggeringly awesome, and sometimes they are considerably less so (and sometimes they are downright humorous). I think, though, that I'm like many here: I prefer to listen to Bethesda's background music and ambient noises (and me blasting and hacking away at evil ;D).

Great conversation thread! It's made its way to the site's Twitter page :D

This post was edited by ShinJin at November 15, 2017 12:03 PM EST
    • 152 posts
    November 16, 2017 8:40 PM EST

Not sure if this QUITE correlates with this but I have two instances in which outside music played a part in my Skyrim adventures:

I was playing an Argonian Berserker type character and was getting a little bit bored of doing quests and looting and all that monotonous stuff so I found a couple favorites of mine from some "Best Dubstep Drop Mix 20--" and whatnot and just blasted some heavy dubstep while literally sprinting across Skyrim using slow time and dual wield as I just hacked away at everything in sight. It was glorious

Second instance is when I was playing my slight variation of the Songbird character build (forgot who created that, I apologize!) so to add to that kind of "wandering adventurer" feel as well as the fact that the character obviously has some roots in music, I played "Far Over the Misty Mountains" because it really helped accentuate Skyrim's environment and it'd even be fun to imagine my character was simply singing the song as he trotted along on his pony :)