Forums » Fallout

Your most hardcore roleplay?

• 284 posts
    November 7, 2017 5:02 PM EST

Hello there wastelanders, Delta here and I have a question for you. As we all know, we all love roleplaying games, that's what brought us to this wonderful Site. But did you ever did a hardcore roleplay? I don't mean like doing the Survival mode, I mean RL roleplay. You can only wear one sidearm, one rifle, one or two melee weapons, a limited amount of food, ammo and meds. You have to walk everywhere, and I mean walking, not running, sprinting or jogging. You can only run and sprint for a limited time. That sort of thing. I have tried that and it is immensly fun. Do reply below.

• November 7, 2017 6:03 PM EST

Actually, I have done this plenty of times. I would carry a Combat Knife, a 44 Magnum, and a Hunting Rifle. I would carry like 4 purified waters, 2 stimpacks, 2 Rad-X, One Radaway, and very limited amount of food. As well as limited amount of ammo making firefights fun and realistic for when I ran out I had to relay on my Combat Knife and sneak my way through some of the map to avoid detection. The only time I ran was to take cover or when I was getting chased by a Deathclaw...with no ammo...and very little health...and he killed. And with the help of mods, I can be even more immersive and roleplay even better to the point where my actions actually mattered.

• 284 posts
    November 7, 2017 7:05 PM EST

You got any good RP mods for suggestions. I would love to take my RP even depper. Especially for my Metro build.

• November 7, 2017 7:57 PM EST

Yeah, I can post them tomorrow I have a list of them written down, but I can't remember which notebook it is in.

• 284 posts
    November 8, 2017 9:02 PM EST

Thanks, those will help.

• November 8, 2017 9:06 PM EST

No problem. I had some more, but those were the "essential" ones I used.

• 248 posts
    November 14, 2017 10:29 AM EST

Delta - I did a semi-autobiographical FO4 playthrough. I've talked about it a little before, but basically I tried to put myself in nate's shoes and play literally as I thought I would. To the point where I'd often pause the game in difficut decisions and really think through the process. 

I also used a similar strategy in that playthrough as Postman mentioned. Limited my carrying to more realistic stuff. I loved it. 

• 284 posts
    November 14, 2017 10:46 AM EST

That's a pretty common but still very interesting playthrough. Actually thinking about a decision before doing it. I love how sometimes you can get attached to your character on a emotional level.

• November 14, 2017 10:50 AM EST

I am glad Motty mentioned that about making a decision based on what you would have done because I did the same thing as well.

• 284 posts
    November 14, 2017 10:55 AM EST

It is a very popular playstyle. However, I try to avoid it as you never truly now how you would react in such a situation as we have never been in such a situation. Who knows if you'll stay a good person or turn into a raider. Sudden change like a nuclear war can do a lot of damage do human phsycology.

• November 14, 2017 11:06 AM EST

Oh, I did that in my playthrough as well. I started out supporting Minutemen was kind-hearted and being a good person, but in the end, I sided with the BoS and was cold calculated soldier that destroyed the Institute and the Railroad, and in theory, made the Minutemen merge with the BoS for I no longer saw the Commonwealth like I once did, but a place that needs Law and Order and a place to preserve the Human species i.e. kill all ghouls, super mutants, and synths.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at November 14, 2017 11:07 AM EST
    • 248 posts
    November 14, 2017 11:19 AM EST

No I agree - you can only take that RP plan so far when you're dealing with 'unrealistic' scenarios. Like, would I really be able to kill so many people? IDK. I'm no sociopath. haha But I did feel like when I got to meet shaun I legit felt that pang of...wait I thought the institute was evil, but this is my son..." moment. 

• 284 posts
    November 14, 2017 11:19 AM EST

"What do we do with the survivors, captain?"

"Order is clear. Eliminate all hostiles."

I became a ruthless mercenary a lot of times. Only thing that matter is money. Oh and drop an eye on the Travelers Guide, I've updated it with all the articles I found.