Forums » Fallout

Science Scribe looking for work

• 152 posts
    October 26, 2017 11:12 AM EDT

Hey wastelanders. So right now in my spare time I'm doing a Science Scribe playthrough; I'm going to make a build out of it once I'm done but rather than ruin the fun playthrough worrying about the build aspects I'm focusing on having a casual yet roleplay heavy playthrough. Part of that involves going on a lot of "research expeditions" to analyze various locations, creatures, etc. What I'm looking for from y'all are any ideas/suggestions on 1: quests that would correlate well with this and 2: any misc. or random cool things that I should look into (be vague preferrably so I can get some surprise out of the investigation). Thanks guys :)

-also side note to Delta: this is going to my go to guy for uploading intel to the Traveler's Guide if we ever get that up :D

• October 26, 2017 11:24 AM EDT

Anything related to the Military like Listening Post Bravo, the National Guard, Federal Reserve, etc.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at October 26, 2017 11:56 AM EDT
    • 248 posts
    October 26, 2017 11:42 AM EDT

The first thing that comes to mind is maybe a little obvious - but the BOS side quests for sure. But specifically, I've always thought the Sentinel Site was an amazing little story/location. Especially since it's based off a real life anti-missile comples in north dakota...

Anyway... let me think some more and I'll see what I can come up with. 

• 152 posts
    October 26, 2017 2:11 PM EDT

The Postman said:

Anything related to the Military like Listening Post Bravo, the National Guard, Federal Reserve, etc.

Hm I honestly hadn'teven thought too much about military related stuff, but it does make perfect sense. Afterall, the BoS are essentially a military so they'd definitely be attracted to locations with military intel, equipment, and anything that they could "absorb" in a way. I dig it :)

• 152 posts
    October 26, 2017 2:13 PM EDT

Mottyskills said:

The first thing that comes to mind is maybe a little obvious - but the BOS side quests for sure. But specifically, I've always thought the Sentinel Site was an amazing little story/location. Especially since it's based off a real life anti-missile comples in north dakota...

Anyway... let me think some more and I'll see what I can come up with. 

Oh yes, the Glowing Sea is going to be a hayday with all those cool little buried places :D I'll for sure stop at that location since I've yet to be there in any playthrough, I hope there's not too many ghouls XD 

Please come back with more Motty! You got a knack for this stuff

• October 26, 2017 3:27 PM EDT

MaddMannatee said:

The Postman said:

Hm I honestly hadn'teven thought too much about military related stuff, but it does make perfect sense. Afterall, the BoS are essentially a military so they'd definitely be attracted to locations with military intel, equipment, and anything that they could "absorb" in a way. I dig it :)

Really? I mean the BoS is quite military heavy and have been from the beginning plus it would help understand more things about pre-War America.

As for the Glowing Sea just be prepared nothing Deathclaws, Radscorpions, and Stingwings.

• 248 posts
    October 26, 2017 3:52 PM EDT

Take note - you can't get into the Sentinel Site without running the BOS questline. 

Here's some others:

- Maybe visit all of the misc Power Plants and Energy Turbines ? For example Poseiden - That sort of make your own quest was a lot of fun when I visited all of the medical sites in my Medic build.

- The Hallucigen Quest 

- The Cambridge Polymer Labs Quest

I'll keep thinking :)

• 284 posts
    October 26, 2017 4:38 PM EDT

Glad we're going through with the Guide! :) Hope you have some fun in the Glowing Sea.

• October 26, 2017 5:15 PM EDT

ArcJet Systems, Coast Guard Pier, Museum of Freedom, Federal Ration Stockpile, Boston Mayoral Shelter, Fort Hagen, Relay/Radio Towers, Fort Strong, Gorski Cabin, Graygarden, Gunner Plaza, Electrical Hobbyist's Club, Anything Mass Fusion, Anything Poseidon, General Atomics, Recon Bunker Theta, Slocum's Joe, Any of the Vaults, Medford Hospital, Med-Tek Research, National Guard Training Yard, Outpost, Zimonja, Quincy, Red Rocket Truck Stop (Dogmeat), Robotics Disposal Ground, Robotics Pioneer Park, USAF Satellite Olivia, Milton General Hospital, any of the Schools, Wicked Shipping, Wreck of the FMS Northern Star, WRVR Radio Station, Mass Bay Medical Center, Yangtze, and University Point.

Those are all the locations I could think have some good lore or exploration in them.

• 152 posts
    October 26, 2017 5:28 PM EDT

Mottyskills said:

Take note - you can't get into the Sentinel Site without running the BOS questline. 

Here's some others:

- Maybe visit all of the misc Power Plants and Energy Turbines ? For example Poseiden - That sort of make your own quest was a lot of fun when I visited all of the medical sites in my Medic build.

- The Hallucigen Quest 

- The Cambridge Polymer Labs Quest

I'll keep thinking :)

There are a crap ton of those, maybe I could look at it like a search for more sources of energy that the BoS could tap into or set up around

Those two quests are PERFECT! Hallucigen I had considered but the CPL one totally slipped my mind, its perfect for any scientist type playthrough. Thank you tons

• 152 posts
    October 26, 2017 5:29 PM EDT

DeltaFox said:

Glad we're going through with the Guide! :) Hope you have some fun in the Glowing Sea.

Yeah I for sure want to get that set up, anytime you're ready to team up and get it set up just let me know

• 152 posts
    October 26, 2017 5:30 PM EDT

The Postman said:

ArcJet Systems, Coast Guard Pier, Museum of Freedom, Federal Ration Stockpile, Boston Mayoral Shelter, Fort Hagen, Relay/Radio Towers, Fort Strong, Gorski Cabin, Graygarden, Gunner Plaza, Electrical Hobbyist's Club, Anything Mass Fusion, Anything Poseidon, General Atomics, Recon Bunker Theta, Slocum's Joe, Any of the Vaults, Medford Hospital, Med-Tek Research, National Guard Training Yard, Outpost, Zimonja, Quincy, Red Rocket Truck Stop (Dogmeat), Robotics Disposal Ground, Robotics Pioneer Park, USAF Satellite Olivia, Milton General Hospital, any of the Schools, Wicked Shipping, Wreck of the FMS Northern Star, WRVR Radio Station, Mass Bay Medical Center, Yangtze, and University Point.

Those are all the locations I could think have some good lore or exploration in them.

Holy shit XD Thank you good sir, I think I now have enough locations to last a life time 

• October 26, 2017 5:34 PM EDT

MaddMannatee said:

The Postman said:

Holy shit XD Thank you good sir, I think I now have enough locations to last a life time 

You are welcome, and with those plus the ones, Motty suggested you should have enough, lol. Also, I have explored Fallout 4 way more then I should.