Forums » Introduce Yourself

Ashlandroadwarrior has joined

  • September 30, 2017 5:14 PM EDT

    I'm really only here for Morrowind. I have 550 hours recorded on Steam, but that doesn't count the 3 years I played on xbox as a kid and tons of hours in offline mode (certain machines were tricky) and elsewhere. 

    I wrote a manual for modding Morrowind earlier this year. You may recognize me from r/morrowind. 

    Anyways, I'm someone who loves Morrowind. Haven't really tried any Fallouts, Oblivion loses me pretty quickly, Skyrim is something I just don't have enough interest in to engage with anymore. Morrowind hits that sweet spot for me, as of this moment I have the most powerful character I've ever created at level 40 and not even halfway done with the factions or main quest. 

    I prefer a heavily modded game myself, but I spent years playing vanilla. 

    • 217 posts
    September 30, 2017 6:01 PM EDT

    Hello there Ash. You don't mind me calling you that? Even though you don't play Fallout or other TES games, it doesn't matter. You have a place here. As you like Morrowind and heavily modding it, I reccomend you check out the Classics group and the Modder's Conclave. Check in with the hosts and admins if you need any help or just some friendly advice. I also advise taking a look at the Site Guides and Site Rules which you will find in the Site Tools page just under the TamrielVault sign. And just one question, have you tried the Tamriel Rebuilt mod for Morrowind? I heard it was awesome so I tried it and got lost in the mainland of Morrowind.

    • 1452 posts
    September 30, 2017 7:00 PM EDT

    Road Warrior, I've been reading through your doc and it's very, very impressive! I reckon the Hosts of the Classics would be delighted if you chose to format and house that resource in their group. I think you have a great deal worth talking about and so it's pleasing to say welcome to the site :) I hope to see more content from you, and I certainly know who to talk to if I ever mod Morrowind! Welcome aboard, mate.

    • 507 posts
    October 1, 2017 6:18 AM EDT

    Sup Ash, welcome to the family! We don't have enough people interested in Classics here, so I'm sure that your passion will be greatly valued.

    • 653 posts
    October 1, 2017 8:33 PM EDT

    Welcome to the community, Ash! Great to see Morrowind getting some love here. I fully agree with Paws though. I'm sure the dudes over in Classics would be THRILLED to see that resource posted, if you have the time and inclination. If you need anything or want some help finding something, please don't hesitate to reach out. I've just sent you a friend request. Glad to have you with us! :)

    • 140 posts
    October 2, 2017 5:24 AM EDT

    Ah, a Morrowind fan, eh? Who needs Dragons when you can just kill swarms of Cliff Racers!

    If you'd like to discuss the game, we have the Classics Group that's dedicated to all things non-Skyrim, as the others have suggested. And if you'd like to post that Modding Guide, it'll be more than welcomed there, too!

    Good to have you with us, Ash!

    • 217 posts
    October 2, 2017 9:13 AM EDT

    Caesar said:

    Ah, a Morrowind fan, eh? Who needs Dragons when you can just kill swarms of Cliff Racers!

    If you'd like to discuss the game, we have the Classics Group that's dedicated to all things non-Skyrim, as the others have suggested. And if you'd like to post that Modding Guide, it'll be more than welcomed there, too!

    Good to have you with us, Ash!

     

    In response to your Cliff Racers, I humbly present this.

    • 140 posts
    October 2, 2017 10:13 AM EDT

    Tanuki said:

    Caesar said:

    Ah, a Morrowind fan, eh? Who needs Dragons when you can just kill swarms of Cliff Racers!

    If you'd like to discuss the game, we have the Classics Group that's dedicated to all things non-Skyrim, as the others have suggested. And if you'd like to post that Modding Guide, it'll be more than welcomed there, too!

    Good to have you with us, Ash!

     

    In response to your Cliff Racers, I humbly present this.

    Lol!

    • 217 posts
    October 2, 2017 10:20 AM EDT

    instead of those dreadful cliff racer shrieks we should hear that with like orchestral music in the backgrounds when those buggers show up ;D

  • October 3, 2017 10:14 PM EDT

    DeltaFox said:

    ...have you tried the Tamriel Rebuilt mod for Morrowind? I heard it was awesome so I tried it and got lost in the mainland of Morrowind.

    It's a dedicated part of my install and has been since they re-organized everything and stopped doing the named releases. I enjoy taking off every dozen Vvardenfell quests or so and collecting new, unique artifacts and items, trapping new souls, and admiring the architecture. Even the unfinished portion is incredible in its own way - I spent an hour in those undefined tablelands around Narsis today, jumping from rise to rise. It was so...haunting, almost as if it perfectly fit Morrowind even though it's untouched heightmaps. 

    Paws said:

    Road Warrior, I've been reading through your doc and it's very, very impressive... I think you have a great deal worth talking about and so it's pleasing to say welcome to the site :) I hope to see more content from you, and I certainly know who to talk to if I ever mod Morrowind! Welcome aboard, mate.

    Thanks! I am very proud of it, it's the culmination of two years of perusing and cultivating a personal collection of mods. I welcome recommendations and additions and am always looking out for new additions. 

    That being said, I'm still just a novice modder. I know the basics of load order, merging leveled lists, and finding mods with good synergy but I'm not even on the same level as Darkelfguy. His series on youtube is what got me into modding back when he showcased Rebirth v3.0

     

    As for everyone else, thank you for welcoming me. I found this site through a link on reddit from morrowindnostalgia (a great Morrowind mod community member btw) and intended to use it to show off some custom class roleplays I've developed, but from the looks of it it's looking like I'll have a bit more to do here!


    This post was edited by ashlandroadwarrior at October 3, 2017 10:22 PM EDT