Forums » Introduce Yourself

Greetings!

• 12 posts
    September 23, 2017 2:43 PM EDT

Hello there :)

I'm a completely new face around these parts. I come from a discord community of Skyrim addicts and general TES and Fallout fans and was drawn here by a few friends.

A bit about me then:

My name is Simon, I'm a 27 year old guy from Sweden.

I am a gaming and computer enthusiast, beginning hobby fantasy writer and nerd in general. Oh and I apparently got one of those 'real jobs' as a railway engineer, pfft.

I live together with my fiancé who keeps me in check, most of the time. I enjoy a quiet life with lots of (not nearly enough) time for playing TES games and games in general. I read, write and literally breathe fantasy.

I used to roleplay in World of Warcraft (WoW) back in the day, then nothing until a podcast called the Character Crusade along with it's fantastic fanbase and community inspired me to actually roleplay in Skyrm!

From there I've started reading fan fiction from TES and have now actually taken the terrifying step of writing fan fiction on a regular basis (I used to write a little in WoW) and have a blog where I post stories of fan fiction, a little about modding and my modlist, a little about games and finally my own original fantasy writing and world building!

https://simpa5tales.blogspot.se/

I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community and all the great stories and people hidden within the Vault. I hope I can share my own fan fiction in here soon as well. :) 

Questions? Something about me you're curious about? Fire away. :)

This post was edited by Simpa at September 23, 2017 2:44 PM EDT
    • 284 posts
    September 23, 2017 3:48 PM EDT

Great to see you here, Simpa! I'm DeltaFox and I'm a host of Fallout Hub. I'm always excited to see new people around here. Also, it pretty cool to have a real life Nord on the Site. Especially a Swede or a Norwegian. If you need any help navigating the Site, you can send me a PM. I'll send you a friend request. :)

• 12 posts
    September 23, 2017 4:00 PM EDT

Likewise DeltaFox! Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Heh, happy to add some real life Nordness. :) Thank you again! I've accepted the friend request and I'll be sure to PM you with future questions :)

• 1595 posts
    September 23, 2017 5:39 PM EDT

Hi Simon, welcome to the site :) looks like you've got quite the background in the genre, coupled with lots of enthusiasm, which is great to see. Looks like the Story Corner and RP Groups will be your areas to haunt - check 'em out, there are a few good roleplay discussions going on right now in RP, and lots of new stories being started in TSC. Share your own content and have fun! :)

• 12 posts
    September 24, 2017 4:37 AM EDT

Hi Paws and thank you! 

You could say that, at least as far as consumption goes. Aye that's what drew me in. :)

I'll explore it all in due time :) Thank you and likewise!

• 167 posts
    September 24, 2017 6:33 AM EDT

Hello Simon and welcome to the site! It's nice to see another Fantasy genre enthusiast! :D The rest I wanted to suggest were covered by Paws so have fun and don't hesitate to share your work here.

• 694 posts
    September 24, 2017 9:24 AM EDT

Hi Simpa! Welcome to the community! Glad to have you with us. The guys over at Character Crusade are a fantastic bunch, and I'm glad they led you to us. It sounds like you'll be right at home here. I think it's awesome that you've already started your own blog and are world building in it!

As Delta said, if you need help finding anything or have a question, or just chat, feel free to hit me up. I've sent you a friend request.

Welcome to the familly!

• 69 posts
    September 24, 2017 12:40 PM EDT

Hello Simon, were happy to have you here. I for one enjoy reading fan fiction (tho im not much of a blogger myself I'll be happy to eit any faults n grammar and spelling for you) and many of the stories present around TSC, so i'll definitely be checking out your work at some point

Welcome to the Vault ;)

• 585 posts
    September 24, 2017 2:07 PM EDT

What are you, God's gift to fantasy or something? Because you're resume is making me blush, welcome aboard dude! Looks like you're going to bring loads to the site, which is always good to see.

• 12 posts
    September 24, 2017 3:38 PM EDT

Wow what a warming welcome guys, thank you so much! :)

@Hello Duvain! It's great to see so many fellow fantasy lovers! I'll be sure to do so, thank you :)

@Hi Edana! Thank you :) They sure are! Very encouraging words! I'm sure I'll have questions as I try to find my place among this seemingly fantastic and welcoming community! Thank you so much :) (Already starting to wear out the words "thank you"...)

@Hello FlamezSword! Thank you yet again! I've started to enjoy it as well, which is what lead me to attempt to write some myself! I try to read through and edit my own work (serves me well in my daytime job) but if you're welcome to try and find some missed mistakes. ;) Cheers and thank you! :)

@Hey Zonnonn! Hah! You had me scared there for the first sentence! You made me blush, I got no resume to speak of, just tried to put into words just how much I freaking love fantasy! ;) We'll see about that, but I will certainly try! Thanks dude! 

• September 24, 2017 10:09 PM EDT

I thought at first your name was Simpai like Senpai, lol.

Anyways, welcome after reading everything you wrote I can say you will be a great fit in on here, and you will find that many people will be willing to help you out and even give you great advice. I can promise you will never have a dull or bad time on here. :)

• 12 posts
    September 25, 2017 2:24 PM EDT

Hello Gwen!

Haha, I can see why, but I doubt it'd fit to be a senpai. :P

That's great to hear! I believe you and take your word for it, thank you :)