Forums » The Lounge

What Language would you love to learn?

• 585 posts
    November 24, 2017 12:20 PM EST

DeltaFox said:

Croatian Kingdom almost single handedly stopped the Ottoman invasion of Europe. If that ain't hardcore, I don't know what is.

Man, sometimes I wish that the British school system would teach more european history and not so much British history. Stuff like this sounds badass and interesting to learn about, but I had to learn a rhyme about some fat bloke that had 6 wives.

• 284 posts
    November 24, 2017 5:33 PM EST

We had to read about it, but that's it. The only part of British history that I am personaly interested into is the Colonial Era.

• November 24, 2017 5:43 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

DeltaFox said:

Croatian Kingdom almost single handedly stopped the Ottoman invasion of Europe. If that ain't hardcore, I don't know what is.

Man, sometimes I wish that the British school system would teach more european history and not so much British history. Stuff like this sounds badass and interesting to learn about, but I had to learn a rhyme about some fat bloke that had 6 wives.

You know what the best part of British history is? The best part is when you realize British History is basically everyone's Freedom story, lol.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at November 24, 2017 5:44 PM EST
    • 17 posts
    December 26, 2017 10:08 PM EST

English is not my first langauge, but I've been living in Oz for a few years now and I reckon my English is pretty fluent... even if it's the wrong English lol
    I'm South American, Portuguese is my native language but I've travelled quite a lot around the area and speak a pretty decent broken Spanish haha

I've also tried to learn Mandarin a few years back, but gave it up, especially because Chinese pop culture sucks imo haha (with all due respect for those who like it). I'm learning French on Duolingo now, and wanna learn Italian after that (will be really easy for me). After that wanna try something harder, probably Japanese. 

Btw, if there are any French speakers in here keen to chat I'd be glad. There's only so much I can learn talking to bots xD

• 197 posts
    March 22, 2018 4:04 AM EDT

Irish and Gaelic, because I like to sing music from both languages, and it would be nice to sing it right. Also, Sumerian. Supposedly, this is the language they used in that one episode of Buffy where she joined with her friends and killed Adam. I looked up videos and it does sound amazing, that and Akkadian. 

• 29 posts
    April 19, 2018 9:37 PM EDT
    I can speak some Norwegian, but I would like to learn all of the Scandinavian languages. I'm not Scandinavian myself, but I have been fascinated by Norwegian and Nordic culture and history for a long time. I'm of Nordic descent, but it's quite distant. Apart from that, I would like to learn Korean and Japanese. My wife is half Asian, and we both would like to speak Korean to each other. It's quite challenging, and I can't fully wrap my head around the Hangul characters, but it's fun. Japanese is considered the hardest language to learn, along with English. English is hard because so much of the language is illogical. Is it Germanic? Latin? Neither! It's an amalgam of both, with dialectical nonsense and loanwords thrown in for good measure.