Forums » Elder Scrolls

Follower Mod's for Skyrim

• 64 posts
    September 11, 2017 1:23 PM EDT

Are they hard to make? I'd love to try to make my own follower mod after having learned audacity i feel like my voiceacting and audiomanipulation would be above the standard. I mean, how cool would it be bringing to life one of the characters from some of the best blogs, or even characters based on builds... However I have no idea how to mod and learning seems liek a daunting task. What do you guys think?

• 275 posts
    September 11, 2017 3:31 PM EDT

This is how I learned. it's not too complicated.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at September 11, 2017 3:35 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    September 12, 2017 5:03 AM EDT

I'm curious, Blue, who are you wanting to make? It's like a world of possibility just blossomed in my mind after reading Ebon's link. What follower would you create? Who would you have at your back if you could make anyone? 

This post was edited by Paws at September 12, 2017 5:03 AM EDT
    • 64 posts
    September 12, 2017 5:21 AM EDT

I have no idea Paw-Paw, I was just thinking that it could be awesome to make a follower mod like Inigo or something. I mean, it looks remarably easy to me to be honest and we have so many cool characters from blog-writers like Lis, Sotek or Lorc. With a few armor, texture, apperance and weapon mods it could be done really well!  

• 1595 posts
    September 12, 2017 5:29 AM EDT

Yeah, that's where my mind went with all the possibility flowers blossoming and such, Blues :D I mean, regardless as to the source of inspiration, from OC to TV Blog character, if you or anyone here were to make any follower mod at all... Just wow. I'd support that wholeheartedly. 

• 64 posts
    September 12, 2017 5:32 AM EDT

Only problem is that I've never modded a thing in my life :D and Im not sure I want to start learning, it might take a logn time and Im not sure how much longer Skyrim will survive for me tbh...

• 1595 posts
    September 12, 2017 5:47 AM EDT

I guess that makes sense. I would be daunted too. Perhaps the prospect of moulding the game more to my liking and injecting something of my own in there would help motivate me. Skyrim survives for me because of the potential mods add. Last night I was looking at art and found this: 

I was like, "that's a Knight of the Gleaming Blade, one of Meridia's knights. She's holding a two-handed Dawnbreaker and wearing some killer lack of armour. I can totally create and build this now!" If I could add her as a follower... Mind blown! :D

Give it some thought, Blue. I can only encourage should you decide to learn the process, but it would be such encouragement, though! :D

Edit: I don't mean for that character, just for something of your own. It would be worthwhile and something to share. So cool!

This post was edited by Paws at September 12, 2017 5:53 AM EDT
    • 261 posts
    September 12, 2017 6:46 AM EDT

I've been playing with this idea for quite a while, actually. Sort of took a back seat to my armor ports, though the idea of hand-crafted followers is still lurking in my mind...

• 64 posts
    September 12, 2017 7:01 AM EDT

Tenebrous said:

I've been playing with this idea for quite a while, actually. Sort of took a back seat to my armor ports, though the idea of hand-crafted followers is still lurking in my mind...

Tenebrous, if you ever decide to try your luck at it I wouldlove to help in any way possible. As I said, I've been playing around with audacity and my voice acting is better than most on the Nexus (If I may say so myself) so it could be awesome!

And Paw-Paw (love this nick name haha) I do have time at the moment, so I might just try it out! Although it would have to be a male, unless I apply the standard voices from the game or use some of the female Vaulters for the voice xD

• 295 posts
    September 12, 2017 7:28 AM EDT

There was someone a while back who approached me to make an Aelberon follower. Like with a quest and everything, or his disposition towards you is dynamic. If you steal, he leaves you. If you murder, he leaves you or turns hostile. If you give to the poor, he likes it. And his quest involves having him participate in a certain final battle where he gets his vengeance. 

• 275 posts
    September 12, 2017 3:50 PM EDT

The Long-Chapper said:

There was someone a while back who approached me to make an Aelberon follower. Like with a quest and everything, or his disposition towards you is dynamic. If you steal, he leaves you. If you murder, he leaves you or turns hostile. If you give to the poor, he likes it. And his quest involves having him participate in a certain final battle where he gets his vengeance. 

If someone made that I'd download it immediately. Bring Rumarin along too for some fun times.

• 1595 posts
    September 12, 2017 4:15 PM EDT

BlueDremora said:

Tenebrous said:

Tenebrous, if you ever decide to try your luck at it I wouldlove to help in any way possible. As I said, I've been playing around with audacity and my voice acting is better than most on the Nexus (If I may say so myself) so it could be awesome!

And Paw-Paw (love this nick name haha) I do have time at the moment, so I might just try it out! Although it would have to be a male, unless I apply the standard voices from the game or use some of the female Vaulters for the voice xD

I quite like it too :D I'd be keen to know your progress should either of you tackle such a task. It would be pretty awesome. Are custom voices necessary, though? Inigo and the like are works of art, but a basic follower using the normal follower dialogue isn't so terrible.

The Long-Chapper said:

That would be so awesome. Can you do it, Lis? Would you ever entertain the possibility?

• 295 posts
    September 12, 2017 5:10 PM EDT

Paws said:

The Long-Chapper said:

That would be so awesome. Can you do it, Lis? Would you ever entertain the possibility?

I don't have the CK skills for that, Pawpaw.  I mean, his appearence isn't too bad. Gnewna's actually created a follower of Albee to use when she was writing her story to take pictures, but lol, it wasn't a full on mod. He had a like a generic voice, probably the one used for the Vigilant of Stendarr you kill in Markarth. The dialogue isn't too bad either, he would just have a lot like an Inigo or one of the more detailed npcs from Interesting npcs. The problem is his voice acting and setting up that kind of dynamic disposition work, I imagine would, be a chore and a half. Who would speak for him? And worse? Who would sing for him. To not have his songs and poetry? Just really hard. If any mod person had the chops for that type of project, they'd have to a a strong modder. 

• 1595 posts
    September 12, 2017 7:30 PM EDT

The Long-Chapper said:

I don't have the CK skills for that, Pawpaw.  I mean, his appearence isn't too bad. Gnewna's actually created a follower of Albee to use when she was writing her story to take pictures, but lol, it wasn't a full on mod. He had a like a generic voice, probably the one used for the Vigilant of Stendarr you kill in Markarth. The dialogue isn't too bad either, he would just have a lot like an Inigo or one of the more detailed npcs from Interesting npcs. The problem is his voice acting and setting up that kind of dynamic disposition work, I imagine would, be a chore and a half. Who would speak for him? And worse? Who would sing for him. To not have his songs and poetry? Just really hard. If any mod person had the chops for that type of project, they'd have to a a strong modder. 

Well that's still impressive if Gnewna has that mod fu. Even a simple follower mod is cool in my books. Gone are the days when we needed to pretend to have an outpost and fill it with NPC's recruited into a made-up faction. Now we have the ability to make it happen. Granted Albee is complicated, but still, idea in principle is sweet.

This post was edited by Paws at September 12, 2017 7:30 PM EDT
    • 275 posts
    September 12, 2017 10:00 PM EDT

Paws said:

Well that's still impressive if Gnewna has that mod fu. Even a simple follower mod is cool in my books. Gone are the days when we needed to pretend to have an outpost and fill it with NPC's recruited into a made-up faction. Now we have the ability to make it happen. Granted Albee is complicated, but still, idea in principle is sweet.

It's actually not that complicated to make a simple follower mod. I can make one is less than 8 minutes most of the time.