Forums » Elder Scrolls

Least favorite playable races - rant thread

• 167 posts
    September 16, 2017 8:11 PM EDT

I missed this discussion but it's never too late. :P

I think every race is unique and has something to offer. I do have one that is my least favorite to go for when making a character and that is Imperials. Imperials are cool from a lore perspective but they are just such a cliche race that they do not interest me since I 've studied some history and have seen their history quite a bit. A less "serious" reason is that I don't like the way the male models look. :D

Something else I would like to comment on has to do with the Orcs and say a few words in their defense as to why they are not on par with other races which is natural if you see what has happened to them. The Orcs are one of my favorite races in general because they have amazing potential to become a great race and at least they had it in the elder scrolls universe, we don't know how history will be in the future though. The Orcs might be wild and warrior-like in nature but they had to become like that and stay like that. The major reason Orcs didn't develop further is because Bretons and Redguards sacked Orsinium over and over again and don't forget Orcs didn't have a solid country they were building from nothing so they didn't have much time for cultural achievements when they were trying to survive. If they had time especially in the 3rd era where Bretons and Redguards sacked Orsinium again, note that this time Orsinium was using diplomacy and politics to gain a place within the Empire and come to an understanding with their neighbors and not war like tactics, they would have been a great country and maybe they would have been the Empire's greatest ally, I mean imagine an army of Orcs trained with Imperial tactics and discipline going into battle. :D

Anyways if you happen upon some other works that portray orcs like warriors with honor and all that they won't look so bad :P thankfully in games like elder scrolls or WoW (after a few many mishaps there) and in some other written works they are not as bad as Tolkien's Orcs.

This post was edited by Duvain at September 16, 2017 8:12 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    September 17, 2017 3:37 PM EDT
    Never too late to give the pig-children some love. Tuskers :D
    • 167 posts
    September 17, 2017 8:11 PM EDT

Haha yeah someone had to do it :P

• 29 posts
    October 26, 2017 12:34 AM EDT
    Khajiit and Argonians for aesthetic purposes. Furthermore, Argonians are very unlikely to survive in a place like Skyrim. Insofar as gameplay is concerned, I get very bored very easily with Orcs and Bosmer characters. The racial power for Bosmer is just too damn stupid to function. What if the only animal available to use Command Animal on is a hare? Ooo, scary...