Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dunmer: Let's show our love.

• 278 posts
    September 5, 2017 6:31 PM EDT

Okay, Dunmer are winning the fave race POLL (yay, they're back :) by an absolutde landslide. What I want to know is why? It's widely known that Morrowind is considered one of the best RPGS of all time, but why do you think that? Is it the insane lore, the deeper roleplaying, heck, do you like the graphics? It doesn't even look bad with a few graphical mods on, y'know? Do you like the architecture, the relationship between some factions, there's even a fucking legal assasination group that wears crab armor, there are dickheaded wizards living in frikkin mushrooms, theres living gods everywhere - and you get to KILL THEM :) It's just aahhhhh. Heck, my current playthrough I'm using a race mod called 'Goatman Race' by RawrARawr, because I love goats, and I've console commanded the dunmer's starting skills on to him, as well as their ancestor's wrath - heck, I'm even roleplaying him as a telvanni who messed with Sheogorath, and Sheogorath made him a goat-headed man with an unsatiable hunger for CHEESE! I mean, come on! Just .... aah, MORROWIND!

• 1595 posts
    September 5, 2017 7:57 PM EDT

I have something semi-relevant. Saw this, made me smile:

• 1441 posts
    September 5, 2017 8:10 PM EDT

Wulf said:

Okay, Dunmer are winning the fave race POLL (yay, they're back :) by an absolutde landslide. What I want to know is why? It's widely known that Morrowind is considered one of the best RPGS of all time, but why do you think that? Is it the insane lore, the deeper roleplaying, heck, do you like the graphics? It doesn't even look bad with a few graphical mods on, y'know? Do you like the architecture, the relationship between some factions, there's even a fucking legal assasination group that wears crab armor, there are dickheaded wizards living in frikkin mushrooms, theres living gods everywhere - and you get to KILL THEM :) It's just aahhhhh. Heck, my current playthrough I'm using a race mod called 'Goatman Race' by RawrARawr, because I love goats, and I've console commanded the dunmer's starting skills on to him, as well as their ancestor's wrath - heck, I'm even roleplaying him as a telvanni who messed with Sheogorath, and Sheogorath made him a goat-headed man with an unsatiable hunger for CHEESE! I mean, come on! Just .... aah, MORROWIND!

Can I make Goatmom with that mod?

• 278 posts
    September 5, 2017 8:13 PM EDT

yeah, you could :)

• 1441 posts
    September 5, 2017 8:27 PM EDT

Wulf said:

yeah, you could :)

I've been trying to make a Toriel build before 

• 585 posts
    September 6, 2017 8:36 AM EDT

I seem to be the only one not infatuated with Dunmer around here. I mean they're alright, a nice twist on the typical dark elf trope and I like the culture enough. Dunno though, never really got it. I've never played Morrowind though so that could be why.

I feel like I'm about to get crucified now...

• 278 posts
    September 6, 2017 8:56 AM EDT

C'mon guys, get your pitchforks - we've got to string us up a heretic!

• 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 10:35 AM EDT

Dark Elves are discount High Elves :P

On a serious note, I just don't like them. Their culture is pretty unique and interesting, but I just don't find them a very enthralling race to start with. I'm not sure why they've just never clicked with me.

• 404 posts
    September 6, 2017 10:40 AM EDT

Dunmer are kind of Creepy if you think about it, BoneMold armor for example.

• 224 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:09 AM EDT

Rogue said:

On a serious note, I just don't like them. Their culture is pretty unique and interesting, but I just don't find them a very enthralling race to start with. I'm not sure why they've just never clicked with me.

Dark Elves are basically the Edgelords of the Elven Race.

• 278 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:10 AM EDT

actually, they're not really. They don't even have anythign ... edgy, 'cept their name. I guess.

• 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:41 AM EDT

David said:

Rogue said:

Dark Elves are basically the Edgelords of the Elven Race.

This is true

• 140 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:47 AM EDT

Something that's always appealed to me about Dark Elves is the Great Houses, since they're all so different; The wacky, 'shroom-dwelling Telvanni, pious and honourable Redoran, open and trade-savvy Hlaalu, religious Indoril, and secretive Dres...and whatever House Sadras is.

With those, you could make a Dunmer character for pretty much any playstyle, and it'll fit.

Throw in the rest of their culture and Lore, and they're easily one of - if not the most - detailed Race in TES, but still with a bit of mystery surrounding the Houses not present in the game.

• 278 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:49 AM EDT

Caesar said:

Something that's always appealed to me about Dark Elves is the Great Houses, since they're all so different; The wacky, 'shroom-dwelling Telvanni, pious and honourable Redoran, open and trade-savvy Hlaalu, religious Indoril, and secretive Dres...and whatever House Sadras is.

With those, you could make a Dunmer character for pretty much any playstyle, and it'll fit.

Throw in the rest of their culture and Lore, and they're easily one of - if not the most - detailed Race in TES, but still with a bit of mystery surrounding the Houses not present in the game.

this man. 

• 44 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:54 AM EDT

Where to start,

I got Morrowind from my step-sister long ago, and had no clue what was the game about and all. She said only "experience it", so I did. Started with a Dunmer for the first because it was new to me. It clicked so hard that I fell in love with race because the culture and architecture are amazing. I just cant get enough of them. :P I've started the game over because I want to go through it all again. Last time I played a nightblade-mage type of character, now I'm going through with a warrior. :D

So, MORROWIND!!

And, Morag Tong!

This post was edited by Caladran at September 6, 2017 11:58 AM EDT
    • 275 posts
    September 6, 2017 7:37 PM EDT

I prefer argonians, we're better in basically every way. Our military is the strongest in Tamriel due to robbing Oblivion blind 200 years ago, our assassins are born and bred to kill from birth and the stars themselves favor them, we (probably) reproduce rapidly due to being lizards, our home is easily defensible due to being a swamp under the control of the Hist, the Hist is basically a living god in the form of a tree, sees into the future, and can make any argonian tougher than a xivilai, and some are that way to begin with (I'd hate to fight a naga). The only way we're weaker is our magic, we don't have a dedicated mage tribe like Telvanni, they'll still die like any other enemy though and if we can't get close we'll send in a Shadowscale.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at September 6, 2017 7:37 PM EDT