Forums » Fallout

Fallout 5 Location

• 284 posts
    September 3, 2017 3:45 AM EDT

There have been a lot of talks where Fallout 5 should be set. Huge fans of Far Harbor and Point Lookout want the Everglades area or New Orleans. Some people want to see Europe or China. The thing connecting all these locations are huge maps. But I think that a fresh look for the series would be Manhattan. The map would be as big as Fallout 4's, but everything would be streets and skyscrapers. There would be no country side (we can have a bit of that in Central Park).

However, seeing as people want more room to play, this next thing would be the most important. The game world can be expanded verticaly, with open buildings and skyscrapers. Imagine building a settlement on the side of the Empire State Building. What's your thought on this? Let me know below.

• 1441 posts
    September 3, 2017 9:50 AM EDT

DeltaFox said:

There have been a lot of talks where Fallout 5 should be set. Huge fans of Far Harbor and Point Lookout want the Everglades area or New Orleans. Some people want to see Europe or China. The thing connecting all these locations are huge maps. But I think that a fresh look for the series would be Manhattan. The map would be as big as Fallout 4's, but everything would be streets and skyscrapers. There would be no country side (we can have a bit of that in Central Park).

However, seeing as people want more room to play, this next thing would be the most important. The game world can be expanded verticaly, with open buildings and skyscrapers. Imagine building a settlement on the side of the Empire State Building. What's your thought on this? Let me know below.

Sweet, maybe throw in a Charles Heston reference with a destroyed Statue of Liberty?, I may be biased, but perhaps back to California.   

• 585 posts
    September 3, 2017 10:09 AM EDT

As a Brit I want to see London - it's different enough from most American cities to be interesting but its still big and metropolitan with a tube system. Of course the whole '50s aesthetic wouldn't really work...

China would also be an interesting perspective given that they invaded the yanks, maybe an American soldier who was captured before the bombs fell? It'd add a whole other dynamic with the whole race thing - can people come together to survive and prosper, or will old feuds be once again the downfall of humanity? There could be whole new factions, or maybe the Brotherhood is investigating the old tech the Chinese had and is now in the area, there's loads of possibilities.

• 248 posts
    September 3, 2017 10:25 AM EDT

Interesting thoughts here to be sure. I'll be honest, location for me is less important than gameplay/story/mechanics/graphics quality/ and roleplay / replay potential. After all of those, then the lcoaiton can round out the feel. This is my take. Like if the game kicks ass, you won't care if it's ass kicking in London, NY or New Orleans. 

If I had to choose? I actually think playing as a RED would be a nice mix up to the series...but I don't think they'll stray from the US 50s idealism vibes. New Orleans with swamps and above ground cemetaries could be a nice dark vibe. 

• 224 posts
    September 3, 2017 12:38 PM EDT

I would like either New Orleans or Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The reason I say Oak Ridge is because of two reasons, one it was one of two sites where the Atom Bomb was developed and two is one of the few early "Atomic" cities in the United States and you could a big Enclave or Child of Atom presence there. As for New Orleans, I maybe a little bias but having a Fallout game in a Southern City would be awesome to me.

• 69 posts
    September 4, 2017 1:42 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

As a Brit I want to see London - it's different enough from most American cities to be interesting but its still big and metropolitan with a tube system. Of course the whole '50s aesthetic wouldn't really work...

I feel like London wold be a bit like Fo4 as in the fact that some of the locations on the map already look old and worn in 4 (Concord, Lexington. Just to name a few) so the aesthetic wouldn't be a problem i dont think. 

It'd be an interesting place for sure as all the games have been based in the US as far as i know (i played NV, 3, and 4) perhaps even a nice change of pace? 

• 69 posts
    September 4, 2017 1:49 PM EDT

Id personally love to see it somewhere snowy (or at least somewhere that has a large section with a cold climate/... foggy? maybe DLC content), it'd be a sort of ode to the saying NCR soldiers and other NPCs said in FNV, "Man i could do for a nuclear winter" or something along those lines xD its been awhile since I've played FNV

Maybe China, or somewhere in Northern Asia (Russia? though I'm not sure where the lore fits in with the Russians) :)

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 4, 2017 8:33 PM EDT

No way I'd be up for a Fallout set in anywhere else but North America. But personally, I'd like a game (made by Obsidian!) set in Texas or in San Francisco/Los Angeles and a Bethesda game set in New York City.

• 1441 posts
    September 4, 2017 9:41 PM EDT

Mr. Edd said:

No way I'd be up for a Fallout set in anywhere else but North America. But personally, I'd like a game (made by Obsidian!) set in Texas or in San Francisco/Los Angeles and a Bethesda game set in New York City.

With the ability to scale the Golden Gate?

• 284 posts
    September 5, 2017 12:45 PM EDT

Oh yeah! Invading the faction controlling San Francisco (can't remember the name) with the help of the NCR and sniping people from the towers. Or imagine blowing up the bridge to stop the NCR invasion. Flying over the bay in BoS vertibirds and restoring the west coast chapter to it's former glory.

• 1441 posts
    September 5, 2017 12:49 PM EDT

DeltaFox said:

Oh yeah! Invading the faction controlling San Francisco (can't remember the name) with the help of the NCR and sniping people from the towers. Or imagine blowing up the bridge to stop the NCR invasion. Flying over the bay in BoS vertibirds and restoring the west coast chapter to it's former glory.

The Shi were primarily Chinese intellectuals trying to better San Fran, if memory serves