Forums » General Gaming

Witcher 4 confirmed?

• 284 posts
    August 30, 2017 12:27 PM EDT

Been browsing some gaming sites recently and I came upon this article. It says that CD Project RED confirmed Witcher 4. I played Witcher 3 for more then 450 hours and I got very excited when I saw the article. Sadly, the devs said that Geralts story is over and will include a new protagonist. Will it be Ciri or a member of another Witcher school. I even heard talks about an entire trilogy centered around the early days of Vesemirs Witcher life. What do you think about it? Will it be placed in another part of the Witcher world or the same? Who will be the new protagonst? Comment below.

This post was edited by DeltaFox at August 30, 2017 12:27 PM EDT
    • 585 posts
    August 30, 2017 12:45 PM EDT

Vesemir 4 lyfe! Bloody love that guy, like a badass uncle. He'd probably be my main choice for a protagonist, sometime earlier in his life, although I don't think he has the same love interests that make the game interesting. The two other Witchers in the Witcher 3, forgot the names, could be canditates as well. But at the same time someone from the lesser known Witcher schools could also be interesting, maybe a young lad trying to give the School of the Serpent a new name, recalim their old honour.

• 1467 posts
    August 30, 2017 9:18 PM EDT

Hell yeah, I could survive with dealing with the Witcher 4 (though, I would prefer that we wait until 2020 or so, give them plenty of time to make it). But I vote for Ciri. There are other characters somewhere, but Ciri. Enough said, Ciri. 

• 773 posts
    August 31, 2017 9:58 AM EDT

Colour me excited...

I don't really care whether Geralt is involved or not (I would imagine he'd be in flashbacks or something, even if they go with a new protagonist) because its 'the world' that is the REAL star of The Witcher games.

Given that Cyberpunk 2077 hasn't even got a firm release date (at least 2018 from what we know) I don't imagine we'll see Witcher 4 until at least 2020

Wil we get The Witcher 4 before Elder Scrolls 6, I wonder :p 

• 284 posts
    August 31, 2017 11:40 AM EDT

I think we'll get a new Fallout before TES 6. :)

• 585 posts
    August 31, 2017 12:41 PM EDT

Dragonborn1921 said:

Hell yeah, I could survive with dealing with the Witcher 4 (though, I would prefer that we wait until 2020 or so, give them plenty of time to make it). But I vote for Ciri. There are other characters somewhere, but Ciri. Enough said, Ciri. 

I feel like the only person who really isn't fussed about Ciri. I mean its kinda cool how she's some anomaly and is also good with magic and is the daughter of a king, but I just feel a little underwhelmed by her character. To be fair I wouldn't mind if she was the protagonist, and that does seem like the most likely course, but I wonder what the gaemaply will be like given tha twomen can't be Witchers?

• 248 posts
    November 11, 2017 11:19 AM EST

Thinking about picking up Witcher 3 Complete edition for some extended gaming time. Anyone have a rec for a total newbie? Are there good sites/resource apps out there to guide a fresh start a little?

• 248 posts
    December 26, 2017 12:40 AM EST

Ok I know no one is really still on this thread but holy crap! I just finished my first playthrough of Witcher 3 Main Story. Character ended up 34. Pretty good pacing. But my god the world is huge! I feel like I barely scratched the surface. 

Awesome game obviously. I have a minor gripe - which is that I had no clue who I was helping/hurting with certain decisions. I wasn't happy at all with ending in the sense of who won the war etc. I mean I guess I should have paid more attention to secondary quests. And now I know, but I feel like there wasn't a lot of prompting. "Hey if you do this quest you can't go back and kill so and so and a lot of the poeple you like are going to prob have a crap life." 

The only thing I got right (for what I set out to happen) was choosing which lady to end up with. (Yen obvi)

Anyway. Overall, amazing experience. I can't wait to start a new playthrough...this time I'll get it 'right'!

Anyone have a favorite place to look through combat/skill build suggestions? This one I did a light armor / fast attack and igni (fire) build. It was fun but maybe a little one note. hack hack fire hack hack side step dismember. lol. I liked be agile, but wishing I could mix combat a little more from the start. Thinking either a heavy armored tank, alchemist or more of a 'signs' character. 

whew. I'm exhausted from that game haha

• 1467 posts
    December 26, 2017 12:57 AM EST

Shit, yeah the game is just massive. Even without expansions, I'm pretty sure I barely got 50% of the game finished, and I was aiming to complete all the side missions. We actually had a fair bit of Witcher 3 discussion way back when the game was still pretty new, I'll hunt it down for ya Motty, but Phil, Karver and I got really into discussing a few character ideas. Actually, I'll throw down some links for the all the RPG Group Witcher content, it's not much but...

Build - School of the Wolf

Build - The Professional

Discussion - General Build Discussions

Discussion - Incoming Builds (possibly some stuff there)

I think that's all of it... Not the best place (and I have no idea where else to go since I haven't played The Witcher in over a year) but definitely some cool stuff, especially Phil and Bryn's builds. Could've sworn Karver had one but can't find it for the life of me.

• 284 posts
    December 26, 2017 4:23 AM EST

Glad you liked it Motty. Just one reccomendation about the two expansions. I know that cronollogicaly Blood and Wine is the last DLC, but please do it before you start Hearts of Stone. I just like the idea of Geralt settling down with his love interest and then gets plunged back into the madness of his job. The main villain of Hearts of Stone is probably one of the better villains in gaming. And he's the closest the Witcher world has to the devil.

• 248 posts
    December 26, 2017 10:42 AM EST

Thanks for the feedback guys. That Bryn Professional build is pretty cool. That's the sort of stuff I'm lookign for. I found some sites that have general builds and have some ideas. Btu those are helpful. 

Delta - honestly, I feel like I messed up the world so much wiht my haphazzard playthrough, I almost want to start a totally clean character before even going through the DLCS. Now that I know who I want to help and in what order I want to do things, I'm def going to restart. 

Oh - as much as I liked the story - anyone else feel like there are far too many extended cut scenes? like way over the top long? Is that normal for the Witcher series?

• 248 posts
    December 26, 2017 11:03 AM EST

DB - you ever finish that archer/bomber build? Bombs grew on me. I always wanted to use a dragon's dream and then fire an expoding bolt in to see if that would light everyone up. 

• 1467 posts
    December 26, 2017 5:50 PM EST

Ah, I finished a grand total of 0 ideas that I mentioned. I think at the time I was more interested in posting the ideas and just couldn't get into my second or third playthrough so I never got around to posting any of them. Even my first playthrough ended up being so similar to uhh...maybe The Professional that I didn't end up posting a build.

I did start testing the Bombs, and they aren't terrible, but the sheer amount you need to make them useful was kind of hard at times. If I went back I'd probably change it to an Archer/Igni/Bomber build to see if that would work, or maybe even throwing in all of the defensive signs to give the character a lot of survivability where Geralt can then just throw bombs by the dozen.