Forums » Introduce Yourself

Longest Lurker Record? :P

• 4 posts
    August 9, 2017 10:11 PM EDT

Hello all! balancecreed here.

I’ve been lurking this site from time to time for as long as I can remember. I believe it was Ponty’s character build, “The Skystrider”, on YouTube that led me to discover it. That was in... 2012. 5 years. Wow haha. I have always been fascinated with the character builds that people come up with. I've always played the three base archetype characters, but this Site has made me into an altoholic. I’ve also looked into to the other great groups such as the Story Corner. It’s great to have seen the site grow over the years, but now I kind of regret not creating an account when I first arrived :( This Site seems like one of the best communities on the Internet.

I don’t think I’ll be contributing much, as of now at least, but maybe in the future when I have more time I’ll do a video story series. I already have a discontinued series of two episodes on my youtube series that I made years ago and it was fun to make. The main reason I decided to make an account right now was to share my cousin’s video which he recently posted on YouTube providing his reasons on why Skyrim is great. It’s a great watch. He too has done a story series based on two of his own characters. And both are actually finished seasons, so I also recommend watching those. I’ll leave some links here but I guess I should post them in the video section too.

Cousin’s video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90NdmJF2kus

His Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzFwHBVxoOZKmOzWr7VGLpQ

My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZevrG8AjXm4JKA26uNBGxQ

Anyways, this was my introduction and I look forward to being apart of this amazing community! :)

• 457 posts
    August 9, 2017 11:21 PM EDT

Funny, it was The Skystrider that roped me into the vault well :D

Good to have you here (still ;D). I'll have check out your cousin's vid. 

• 4 posts
    August 10, 2017 12:12 AM EDT

Wow, what a coincidence! Thanks! :D

• 457 posts
    August 10, 2017 12:27 AM EDT

Edit: ...into the vault *as well*

I like your cousin's outlook on what makes the game great (and especially love that it centers around the ability to sit down... awesome xD)

• 585 posts
    August 10, 2017 3:16 AM EDT

Damn dude, what took you so long?! Well its good that you finally decided to join anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

• 1595 posts
    August 10, 2017 2:16 PM EDT

Welcome, Balancecreed, awesome first post :) I have had the pleasure of working with the Admins and Hosts here and can tell you they are good people who are always happy to help if you need anything, and the member base is friendly and fun - truly the best community on the net. I hope you share your own inspirations and join in wherever and whenever you wish :)

• 4 posts
    August 10, 2017 7:11 PM EDT

Thanks Zonnonn and Paws. I'll be sure to join in conversations and maybe later this year begin working on a new video series in the style of a machinima for Skyrim :)

• August 11, 2017 1:33 PM EDT

Yeah, Ponty roped loads of people into joining the Skyrim Blog back in the day. Don't have many people from the 2012 days though. Welcome aboard!

• 4 posts
    August 13, 2017 6:50 PM EDT

Thanks Matt!