Forums » Fallout

Fallout 4: Robot Workbench

• 215 posts
    July 10, 2017 12:01 PM EDT

Question on the workbench...

Can you assign created robots to jobs like you can settlers?

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 12:10 PM EDT

Yes, you can, but it reduces Happiness.

• 700 posts
    July 10, 2017 7:14 PM EDT

Nameless King said:

Good god that face is horrendous. 

Strange though that that reduces happiness. Is it because people actually want to be working? Or because robits can't feel happiness? Who even knows. 

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 7:48 PM EDT

Legion said:

Nameless King said:

Good god that face is horrendous. 

Strange though that that reduces happiness. Is it because people actually want to be working? Or because robits can't feel happiness? Who even knows. 

Yeah, that is how I look without makeup. I am sorry I don't fit your standard of beauty. *cries*

I have seen some people explain it, but really I think they did that so you don't build a bunch of robots and get 100 happiness that way because 50 happiness is the max with all robot settlers, I believe.

• 215 posts
    July 10, 2017 8:08 PM EDT
    What's the drawback of having 50 happiness?
    • 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 8:23 PM EDT

Ragin Cajun said: What's the drawback of having 50 happiness?

You can't get an achievement. That is literally it.

• 248 posts
    July 11, 2017 9:35 AM EDT

Yeah depending on your goal, losing happiness if rarely a problem.

• 215 posts
    July 11, 2017 9:49 AM EDT

OK, well playing with mods disables that anyway so...no harm for me.

• 8 posts
    July 12, 2017 7:01 PM EDT

Yeah the math of it is that robot's have a fixed 50 happiness that can't go up or down, and your settlement happiness is the average of everyone's happiness. So three full happy humans is 300/300 happiness, one robot and two humans is 250/300, and all three robots will give 150/300. I believe this is true regardless of work assigned. The upside is robots can't be sad and go lower than 50 happiness, can't be synths in disguise, don't need food, water or beds. Aside from the material cost of robots, there is no real reason in the game mechanics not to replace all your settlers with robots.

• 277 posts
    July 15, 2017 6:50 PM EDT
    ...did not know all this! :D
    • 215 posts
    August 23, 2017 8:00 PM EDT

So discovered one wierd glitch with Automatron and farming bots.  It appears to only affect Abernathy Farms.  Any robot assigned to AF will not recognize any "preplanted" crops (ie crops planted before the robots arrival).  So to work around this just store all the plants and then replant them after sending a robot to AF.  Or, plant new crops after the robot arrives.