Forums » The Lounge

Photobucket: Issues and Alternatives for builders

• 215 posts
    July 9, 2017 5:01 PM EDT

So, saw Photobucket began blocking accounts for third party hosting (ie saving pix and then posting to Tamriel Vault for example).  Here's a link to Mason's build to see how it's affecting some builds.

So, any workarounds for that for builders?  Any other free saving sites to upload photos as needed for builds?

• 277 posts
    July 9, 2017 5:10 PM EDT

Two of my builds got screwed over this too. I think the best way is to upload the pictures directly into the discussion.

• 224 posts
    July 9, 2017 5:19 PM EDT

For my naming guides, I usually download the picture and create a album on here, and do it that way.

• 215 posts
    July 9, 2017 5:27 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

For my naming guides, I usually download the picture and create a album on here, and do it that way.

Using the insert option requires an outside source.  The upload will work, just an extra step to say use my screenshots from Steam.  I have to copy then paste to Paint, then save that and then upload. 

• 700 posts
    July 9, 2017 5:34 PM EDT

Stickied for visibility so we can get more eyes on this. I upload like Noodles and TNK, but I'll check around for some better image hosts. Been a minute since I've used one. 

This post was edited by Legion at July 9, 2017 5:35 PM EDT
    • 700 posts
    July 9, 2017 5:37 PM EDT

Imgur and Google Photos are probably the best look

• 295 posts
    July 9, 2017 5:40 PM EDT

Usually I upload directly to here, but Google would be a place I'd look into. 

• 224 posts
    July 9, 2017 5:44 PM EDT

Ragin Cajun said:

The Nameless King said:

Using the insert option requires an outside source.  The upload will work, just an extra step to say use my screenshots from Steam.  I have to copy then paste to Paint, then save that and then upload. 

Are you sure? I have inserted images I have saved on here on my guides without needing a outside source.

• 284 posts
    July 9, 2017 7:59 PM EDT

I saw that several times now, don't remember which builds, but some don't even have pictures anymore.

• 34 posts
    July 10, 2017 12:05 AM EDT

Insert Image requires an outside source; Upload image does not.

I've been using the TamrielVault image albums for all the images I've been using, actually. Is that not a thing?