Forums » General Gaming

Breath of the Wild

• 11 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:44 PM EDT

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has played breath of the wild. And their thoughts on the game.

• 179 posts
    July 8, 2017 3:18 PM EDT

Beat it yesterday. Still have a lot of side content to work through though. It was good, if you ask me, but not as amazing as others make it out to be.

This post was edited by Albino at July 8, 2017 3:18 PM EDT
    • 11 posts
    July 8, 2017 3:47 PM EDT

I'm in a similar position, beat it today. I was just thinking, as the sense of exploration and how you are left to your own devices is really cool. I was thinking of working on a Skyrim build based on this version of Link, I feel theres a lot of variety and fun there, thinking on your feet etc.

• 261 posts
    July 8, 2017 4:06 PM EDT

I really, really like it. I actually consider it the modern-day equivalent of Ocarina of Time, in the sense that a) pretty much everyone loves it and already consider it a classic, and b) it'll undoubtedly be an inspiration for lots of games to come.

• 1467 posts
    July 8, 2017 8:11 PM EDT

Oh right, yeah I'm up to Hyrule Castle where I assume I have 15+ forms of Ganon to defeat (I've been trying to keep the game completely spoiler free so I have no idea what I'm about to face). Honestly, it's a good game, the world, equipment, characters, everything but the gameplay is simply amazing but for me the gameplay falls a little flat...I don't know what it is but it's just one of those long, tedious games and I don't think they managed to keep the combat fresh enough for me to enjoy it for 60-100 hours. That doesn't mean it isn't awesome, just a little too long in my opinion and it really needs something to keep it a little more....well I don't know but it's just very difficult for me to even think about 100% it.

• 585 posts
    July 9, 2017 5:56 AM EDT

Well I haven't played it or any Zelda games, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I've heard it being hailed as 'the best game of all time' and similar stuff, does anyone think this is accurate?