Forums » Introduce Yourself

Finally, An Introduction

• 7 posts
    June 26, 2017 10:54 AM EDT

Hi all!

I started here about a month ago, writing in the modder's blog, All Along the Watchtower, for the event: Follow Me Follow You.  My character is Cicero, the Assassin.  My work in progress is in the Workshop, Who is Cicero?  They are both works in progress at this point.

About me:

• I go by the nickname Jynna (one of my first characters)
    • I'm an adult, and that's all I'm saying about my age!
    • I'm married to Dallan007, and that's how I learned about Tamriel Vault and this contest.
    • I'm a college professor, and I have my summers off, so you won't see me during the school year.
    • I love fan fiction, but I've had writer's block for about 3 years now.  Cicero (in the blog) is the most fiction writing I've done in that time.  Writing isn't flowing for me anymore like it used to but I've been able to put out some good stuff for Cicero.  (Shameless plug - go read my stuff! ;) )
    • I am a Skyrim addict.  Ever since I bought it for my husband the Christmas it came out.  I bought it for him with no intention of playing, but got hooked watching him.  My first dragon attack, I squealed like a little girl and had him come and do the fight for me.  Since then, I've become a full flegded gamer.
    • Before Skyrim, I played table-top D&D, so I had the potential to become an addict.  ;)
    • I am currently running through Oblivion on the XBOX360.
    • When SE was about to come out, hubby bought a copy of Oldrim for the PC.  (We're XBOX360 users.) Now we have more copies of Skyrim in the house than people to play it.
    • I am now addicted to MODs!  

OK, so that's my introduction.  BTW, my husband is also doing this event and his modder's log is awesome too!

• 64 posts
    June 26, 2017 11:01 AM EDT

Hello Jynna, honestly I had no idea you were a new member, the quality of your work is much higher than what we oftentimes see from new members so I took you for one of the Vets, with a name change or something. regardless, it's nice to have new and active memebers like yourself join our humble community! 

This post was edited by BlueDremora at June 26, 2017 11:05 AM EDT
    • 585 posts
    June 26, 2017 11:37 AM EDT

Holy crap thats awesome! I've thought before how rare it is for people on the Vault to know each other in real life, and you're married to someone here! Blew my mind a little bit to be honest... Anyway, welcome, and I hope you and your husband have a lovely time here.

• 7 posts
    June 27, 2017 10:29 AM EDT

BlueDremora said:

Hello Jynna, honestly I had no idea you were a new member, the quality of your work is much higher than what we oftentimes see from new members so I took you for one of the Vets, with a name change or something. regardless, it's nice to have new and active memebers like yourself join our humble community! 

Thank you so much BlueDremora!  That is a high compliment indeed! I'm humbled. :)  I love all the work I've seen here on the Vault and tried to emulate others.  And thank you for the welcome!  I'm so happy to be here!

• 7 posts
    June 27, 2017 10:31 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Holy crap thats awesome! I've thought before how rare it is for people on the Vault to know each other in real life, and you're married to someone here! Blew my mind a little bit to be honest... Anyway, welcome, and I hope you and your husband have a lovely time here.

Thank you for the welcome, Zonnonn!  I wouldn't be here at all if not for my husband.  He's been a lurker for years.  But when he told me about this contest, I knew I had to try it out!  Cicero the Insane! HA! HA! HA! :)

• 694 posts
    June 28, 2017 10:05 AM EDT

Nice to meet you, Jynna! Glad to know a little bit more about you. It's never too late for an introduction. I keep thinking that maybe one day I'll make a post too! xD You're in good company!  I would have never known you were married to Dallan, but that's awesome! We have a few couples here (that we know of, anyway) and I always think it's the sweetest thing. 

• 7 posts
    June 28, 2017 11:33 AM EDT

Edana said:

Nice to meet you, Jynna! Glad to know a little bit more about you. It's never too late for an introduction. I keep thinking that maybe one day I'll make a post too! xD You're in good company!  I would have never known you were married to Dallan, but that's awesome! We have a few couples here (that we know of, anyway) and I always think it's the sweetest thing. 

Thank you, it's nice to meet you too!  Dallan is the one who got me into D&D. and ultimately into video games.  I had the potential, however.  I used to play Neverwinter Nights a long, long time ago. And Starcraft, I used to like that too.  (Oops, I'm giving away my age...) I'm one of those people that is very particular about video games.  I dislike most of them, but if I find one I like, I get hooked.  So it's Skyrim and DragonAge for me now.  I wish Bethesda would come out with a new Elder Scrolls game!