Forums » The Lounge

The Riddles of Humility

• 261 posts
    July 10, 2017 2:22 PM EDT

"When I prayed the sky answered, when I called for aid the North listened. When I dreamed the aurbis heard. My device shines in the night sky, Julianos is my eye, I am the first gem so who am I?"

Is it Tiber Septim? I'm calling Tiber Septim. The sky answering could be Graybeards, he used the Voice to convince SKyrim he should be king, obviously there's the whole 'he became a god' thing for the aurbis, the device could be the Numidium's heart in Aetherius. I dunno much about the celestial stuff but I know there is a planet Julianos, which could account for the eye, and the first gem... Well, I have no idea, but the rest makes sense. Am I right?

• 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 2:23 PM EDT
    Not quite, but you're on the scent :)
    • 261 posts
    July 10, 2017 2:24 PM EDT

Paws said: Not quite, but you're on the scent :)

Does this mean I get another chance? :D

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 2:36 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

Paws said: Not quite, but you're on the scent :)

Does this mean I get another chance? :D

You have to wait one day to guess again.

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 2:43 PM EDT

I am going to guess is it Wulfharth?

• 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 2:54 PM EDT
    It's not Wulfharth, sorry man. As for rules, I couldn't care less :D Guess away to til your heart is content. But I guess we aught to abide by OP rules...?
    • 743 posts
    July 10, 2017 3:07 PM EDT

Paws said: It's not Wulfharth, sorry man. As for rules, I couldn't care less :D Guess away to til your heart is content. But I guess we aught to abide by OP rules...?

Phil, you beautiful bastard, that was an impressive turnaround. Do remember that my Stormcloak agenda has yet to finish. I'm coming back for my throne :p Yeah, the rules are there to prevent spam. I still own the thread, but you are in control of the riddle and winners/losers at the moment. The once a day guess is so kids don't hop on this thread and answer every damned thing that comes to mind and mess up the activity feed.

This post was edited by Rogue at July 10, 2017 3:09 PM EDT
    • 743 posts
    July 10, 2017 3:11 PM EDT

Is it Jhunal?

• 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 3:17 PM EDT
    Totally fair, Rogue. You're the Daedric Prince of Forums and outrank me to boot. Your rules are sound, so yeah... Let's use 'em :)

Okay, not Jhunal but he is the answer to one part of the riddle more or less, so if you extrapolate from that thought you'd be on the right track.
    • 743 posts
    July 10, 2017 3:20 PM EDT

Paws said: Totally fair, Rogue. You're the Daedric Prince of Forums and outrank me to boot. Your rules are sound, so yeah... Let's use 'em :) Okay, not Jhunal but he is the answer to one part of the riddle more or less, so if you extrapolate from that thought you'd be on the right track.

Damn, where's my picture at? Also, I'll never consider myself to outrank you. I decided to keep the rules the same just so we can ensure that no spam will become of this thread. You're the patriarch of this site, dammit! :)

This post was edited by Rogue at July 10, 2017 3:21 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 3:47 PM EDT
    Oh crap, yeah you need a new picture :D I'm on mobile right now, will have that matter and one for Tene sorted in a couple of hours. Oops, yeah.
    • 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 4:05 PM EDT
    Hang on, hold up. Wait. I've made a mistake in my riddle! Mislead ya'all. Multitasking not good. Arkay is the eye, not Jhunal. I forfeit my turn in shame :p Let Tenebrous or Delta take my place. Sorry folks, I derped here.
    • 261 posts
    July 10, 2017 4:13 PM EDT

U wot m8...

Alright, I'll bite: "The contested island of high-topped hills, with enough conflict to have your fill. Surrounded by waters and enemies, changing hands throughout the centuries."

Heh, that worked out pretty well in the rhyme department! Anyhoo, fire away.

• 649 posts
    July 10, 2017 4:23 PM EDT

Paws said:Hang on, hold up. Wait. I've made a mistake in my riddle! Mislead ya'all. Multitasking not good. Arkay is the eye, not Jhunal. I forfeit my turn in shame :p Let Tenebrous or Delta take my place. Sorry folks, I derped here.

You should slap yourself and recite the tenets of Divines at least ten times in row xD

I suspected it was the Mage but eye of Julianos really threw me off track.

This post was edited by Karver the Lorc at July 10, 2017 4:25 PM EDT
    • 743 posts
    July 10, 2017 4:36 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

U wot m8...

Alright, I'll bite: "The contested island of high-topped hills, with enough conflict to have your fill. Surrounded by waters and enemies, changing hands throughout the centuries."

Heh, that worked out pretty well in the rhyme department! Anyhoo, fire away.

Stros M'kai?

• 261 posts
    July 10, 2017 4:52 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Stros M'kai?

Nope! Which means it's time for your punishment! I made it just for you!

• 284 posts
    July 10, 2017 4:56 PM EDT

I think that the answer is Jhunal, the Rune God.

"The North listened"

Jhunal was the Nordic father of language and mathematics. He fell out off favor with the rest of the Nordic pantheon and became Julianos.

"The Aurbis heard"

The Aurbis is the cosmic wheel, where Nirn, Oblivion and Aetherius are set in.

"Shines in the sky... Julianos is my name... I am the first gem"

Gems are known to be red so it must be refering to the eight planets/divines around Nirn. Vivec mentioned Jhunal as one of the eight known worlds. Jhunal/Julianos is a red "planet" so it must be the answer, please be the answer.

*prepares to get humiliated*

• 743 posts
    July 10, 2017 4:57 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

RogueSilver said:

Stros M'kai?

Nope! Which means it's time for your punishment! I made it just for you!

Why thank you!

• 284 posts
    July 10, 2017 4:59 PM EDT

Took me so long to write the answer that my guess was already written. :D

• 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 5:05 PM EDT
    The Lorc of Flowers said:

Paws said:Hang on, hold up. Wait. I've made a mistake in my riddle! Mislead ya'all. Multitasking not good. Arkay is the eye, not Jhunal. I forfeit my turn in shame :p Let Tenebrous or Delta take my place. Sorry folks, I derped here.

You should slap yourself and recite the tenets of Divines at least ten times in row xD

I recite them daily as it is :D Gah, too much lore going on. Mourning stones, minotaurs and reachmen... Riddles. Mental agility slowing to a crawl :D
    • 284 posts
    July 10, 2017 5:11 PM EDT

Paws said:
    The Lorc of Flowers said:

I recite them daily as it is :D Gah, too much lore going on. Mourning stones, minotaurs and reachmen... Riddles. Mental agility slowing to a crawl :D

Wait, wait, wait!!! I wrote ll that for nothing? 

• 4 posts
    July 10, 2017 5:44 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

"The contested island of high-topped hills, with enough conflict to have your fill. Surrounded by waters and enemies, changing hands throughout the centuries."

The Imperial City ? 

• 261 posts
    July 10, 2017 5:54 PM EDT

Rose Nasty said:

Tenebrous said:

"The contested island of high-topped hills, with enough conflict to have your fill. Surrounded by waters and enemies, changing hands throughout the centuries."

The Imperial City ? 

Damn good guess, but no.

Your pic, good Vaulter.

• 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 6:44 PM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

'Fraid so! :D

What's the current riddle? This one, right?  "The contested island of high-topped hills, with enough conflict to have your fill. Surrounded by waters and enemies, changing hands throughout the centuries."

Vvardenfell?

This post was edited by Paws at July 10, 2017 6:45 PM EDT
    • 261 posts
    July 10, 2017 6:59 PM EDT

Paws said:

D3LTAFOX said:

'Fraid so! :D

What's the current riddle? This one, right?  "The contested island of high-topped hills, with enough conflict to have your fill. Surrounded by waters and enemies, changing hands throughout the centuries."

Vvardenfell?

Nope! Time for an old classic...