Forums » The Lounge

The Riddles of Humility

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:28 PM EDT

    The Nameless King said:

    The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, a Cloak that was tailored to a divine

    Is it the Tribunal mantling the Heart of Lorkhan? Cloak can also mean mantle, and the Tribunal, specially Vivec, was the "first ones" to mantle a God, Lorkhan, though technically Lorkhan did it first with the creation of Nirn.

    Nope, not what I'm looking for.

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:33 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    Paws said:

    I hope so :D How Zonn's gonna gloat...

    I have to admit I almost spit out my tea when I saw this XD

    *Clears throat*

    Oh Phil, how the mighty have fallen. Once a proud, if misguided, southerner, now you have suffered the greatest dishonour. One so devastating none could recover.

    You have been associated with the Welsh.

    Thunder and lighting strikes dramatically

    Within the day, you will be hailing Cardiff as the epitome of civilisation, sheep will never be safe from your wanton stares, and only the most skilled linguists will be able to discern your speech.

    RIP Phil

    Oh Zonn, such a proud northerner. Why don't you have a go at this riddle? Surely the north reins supreme over the south.....

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:34 PM EDT

    Paws said:

    Zonnonn said:

    Paws said:

    I hope so :D How Zonn's gonna gloat...

    I have to admit I almost spit out my tea when I saw this XD

    *Clears throat*

    Oh Phil, how the mighty have fallen. Once a proud, if misguided, southerner, now you have suffered the greatest dishonour. One so devastating none could recover.

    You have been associated with the Welsh.

    Thunder and lighting strikes dramatically

    Within the day, you will be hailing Cardiff as the epitome of civilisation, sheep will never be safe from your wanton stares, and only the most skilled linguists will be able to discern your speech.

    RIP Phil

    I'm in my cone of shame.

    O, y cywilydd. "Why, why, why, Delilah."

    It's fine, buddy. At least it's a cool looking dragon! :p

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:34 PM EDT

    Day 2, everyone gets another shot at the riddle. Phil, get some revenge.


    This post was edited by Rogue at July 5, 2017 1:37 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:39 PM EDT
    Hrm... Perhaps, seeing as how cloak can also mean mantle (like Nameless said), it refers to mortals mantling Sheogorath?
    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:40 PM EDT

    Tenebrous said: Hrm... Perhaps, seeing as how cloak can also mean mantle (like Nameless said), it refers to mortals mantling Sheogorath?

    Good guess (just like all of the others), but not it.

    • 1452 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:49 PM EDT

    RogueSilver said:

    Day 2, everyone gets another shot at the riddle. Phil, get some revenge.

    The Fox is keen to do one so I reckon I'm content to see what he has in store for us. I'm still laughing at the mental image of Zonn spraying his Yorkshire Gold over his screen.

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:51 PM EDT

    Paws said:

    RogueSilver said:

    Day 2, everyone gets another shot at the riddle. Phil, get some revenge.

    The Fox is keen to do one so I reckon I'm content to see what he has in store for us. I'm still laughing at the mental image of Zonn spraying his Yorkshire Gold over his screen.

    To hell with their tea!

    *Birth of America*

     

    • 1452 posts
    July 5, 2017 2:02 PM EDT

    Ok, I can't resist another go. A couple of us have mentioned Nocturnal and the Cowl, but is the answer actually "darkness" or "night"? The Void preceeded it so darkness is the second, and Nocturnal wears it like a cloak:

    Wrapping her night cloak around her, she smiled at their song. It spoke of her mystery, of veiled beauty, of eternal shadows and a divine future when the sun burns no more. Nocturnal let her cloak slide from her shoulders and was naked.

    Although not a Divine in the strictest sense, she is a goddess nevertheless.

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 2:12 PM EDT

    Paws said:

    Ok, I can't resist another go. A couple of us have mentioned Nocturnal and the Cowl, but is the answer actually "darkness" or "night"? The Void preceeded it so darkness is the second, and Nocturnal wears it like a cloak:

    Wrapping her night cloak around her, she smiled at their song. It spoke of her mystery, of veiled beauty, of eternal shadows and a divine future when the sun burns no more. Nocturnal let her cloak slide from her shoulders and was naked.

    Although not a Divine in the strictest sense, she is a goddess nevertheless.

    Damn, that's a good interpretation, but not what I'm looking for.

    • 1452 posts
    July 5, 2017 2:15 PM EDT

    RogueSilver said:

    Paws said:

    Ok, I can't resist another go. A couple of us have mentioned Nocturnal and the Cowl, but is the answer actually "darkness" or "night"? The Void preceeded it so darkness is the second, and Nocturnal wears it like a cloak:

    Wrapping her night cloak around her, she smiled at their song. It spoke of her mystery, of veiled beauty, of eternal shadows and a divine future when the sun burns no more. Nocturnal let her cloak slide from her shoulders and was naked.

    Although not a Divine in the strictest sense, she is a goddess nevertheless.

    Damn, that's a good interpretation, but not what I'm looking for.

    Tusk! :D

    • 507 posts
    July 5, 2017 3:49 PM EDT

    Paws said:

    The Fox is keen to do one so I reckon I'm content to see what he has in store for us. I'm still laughing at the mental image of Zonn spraying his Yorkshire Gold over his screen.

    Ah yes, God's finest gift to man, a nicely stewed mug of Yorkshire Gold, you can't get better than that. And eventhough it's made in Harrogate, the bastion southeners in Yorkshire as far I'm concerned, it is from North Yorkshire, so it's even harder than me (difficult to believe, I know).

     

    RogueSilver said:

    Oh Zonn, such a proud northerner. Why don't you have a go at this riddle? Surely the north reins supreme over the south.....

    Well I would usually resist such blatant attempts at taunting, but now you've brought the north into this...

    I'm gonna go with my my aforementioned idea, Skyrim under Stormcloak rule (or the Stormcloaks as a whole... you know what I mean). This isn't the first time that Skyrim and its independence has been so staunchly defended by its sons and daughters, but its the first time that a Divine has been instrumental in it. The Cloak is a metaphor for protection and showing its true colours proudly.

     

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:01 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    Paws said:

    The Fox is keen to do one so I reckon I'm content to see what he has in store for us. I'm still laughing at the mental image of Zonn spraying his Yorkshire Gold over his screen.

    Ah yes, God's finest gift to man, a nicely stewed mug of Yorkshire Gold, you can't get better than that. And eventhough it's made in Harrogate, the bastion southeners in Yorkshire as far I'm concerned, it is from North Yorkshire, so it's even harder than me (difficult to believe, I know).

     

    RogueSilver said:

    Oh Zonn, such a proud northerner. Why don't you have a go at this riddle? Surely the north reins supreme over the south.....

    Well I would usually resist such blatant attempts at taunting, but now you've brought the north into this...

    I'm gonna go with my my aforementioned idea, Skyrim under Stormcloak rule (or the Stormcloaks as a whole... you know what I mean). This isn't the first time that Skyrim and its independence has been so staunchly defended by its sons and daughters, but its the first time that a Divine has been instrumental in it. The Cloak is a metaphor for protection and showing its true colours proudly.

     

    Haha, at least I got an answer out of you. It's a good guess, but not it.

    Here you are:

    • 1452 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:04 PM EDT

    Image result for lollol

    • 507 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:05 PM EDT

    RogueSilver said:

    Haha, at least I got an answer out of you. It's a good guess, but not it.

    Here you are:

    You sick bastard.


    This post was edited by Zonnonn at July 5, 2017 4:07 PM EDT
    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:07 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    RogueSilver said:

    Haha, at least I got an answer out of you. It's a good guess, but not it.

    Here you are:

    You sick bastard.

    I prefer "genius bastard".

    • 507 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:08 PM EDT

    RogueSilver said:

    I prefer "genius bastard".

    Haha! The image is so small that no one can read my shame! The north wins again!

    • 1452 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:08 PM EDT

    Let's sing Tom Jones together :D

    Actually though, it's a damn good song.

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:09 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    RogueSilver said:

    I prefer "genius bastard".

    Haha! The image is so small that no one can read my shame! The north wins again!

    Damn, just wait. I'll have a new one for you when tomorrow's riddle hits! Lol

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:09 PM EDT

    Paws said:

    Let's sing Tom Jones together :D

    Actually though, it's a damn good song.

    lmao

    • 507 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:11 PM EDT

    Paws said:

    Let's sing Tom Jones together :D

    Actually though, it's a damn good song.

    Tom Jones - the only good thing to come out of Wales. Ever.

    Apart from their rugby team of course.

     

    RogueSilver said:

    Damn, just wait. I'll have a new one for you when tomorrow's riddle hits! Lol

    Nononononono noones solved it yet, so there can't be a new one. Duped by your own rules. The north wins again again!


    This post was edited by Zonnonn at July 5, 2017 4:13 PM EDT
    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:13 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    Paws said:

    Let's sing Tom Jones together :D

    Actually though, it's a damn good song.

    Tom Jones - the only good thing to come out of Wales. Ever.

    Apart from their rugby team of course.

    I don't recall Zonnonn ever saying anything remotely good about Wales. That picture is already starting to change him.

    • 507 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:15 PM EDT

    RogueSilver said:

    I don't recall Zonnonn ever saying anything remotely good about Wales. That picture is already starting to change him.

    What?! Never! I'm just... blending in... waiting for the perfect time to strike and defeat the blasted welsh from the inside, once and for all!

    Oh god what's happening to me

    • Moderator
    • 726 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:17 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    RogueSilver said:

    I don't recall Zonnonn ever saying anything remotely good about Wales. That picture is already starting to change him.

    What?! Never! I'm just... blending in... waiting for the perfect time to strike and defeat the blasted welsh from the inside, once and for all!

    Oh god what's happening to me

    Zonn has been replaced by a Welshman. Phil, you need to take a ride up there and take care of some BLOODY business. 

    pls hel

    • 507 posts
    July 5, 2017 4:20 PM EDT

    RogueSilver said:

    Zonn has been replaced by a Welshman. Phil, you need to take a ride up there and take care of some BLOODY business. 

    pls hel

    Yeah, like a southener could 'take care' of anyone, even a welshman. They'd just be prancing around doing nowt until a northener rocks up and lays down some pain.

    A northener like me. Which I definitely still am. No welsh here whatsoever...